Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSolutions.ro Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSolutions.ro Review

angrysnarlangrysnarl Member
edited May 2015 in Reviews

Last March, I saw @cociu's offer here on LET:

30GB Space
2GB RAM
512MB Swap
2 Cores
30TB Bandwidth
€5.97 (around $7?) per quarter

Pretty good deal so I decided to get one.

During the first few days of having the VPS, I wasn't very impressed with the performance. Network and I/O were horrible. I opened a ticket about this [#583072] and was told they needed to perform some upgrades. As compensation for the inconvenience, they decided to give me one month of free creds... Fair enough.

After two weeks or so I did notice some improvements. Now I'm not sure if they really did upgrades but the server felt snappier and overall it was better than before so no complaints.

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz Number of cores : 2 CPU frequency : 2666.640 MHz Total amount of ram : 2048 MB Total amount of swap : 512 MB System uptime : 13 days, 3:21, Download speed from CacheFly: 16.1MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 2.70MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 7.91MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 3.66MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 15.6MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 15.7MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 4.84MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 7.24MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 8.02MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 10.8MB/s I/O speed : 72.8 MB/s

A few days ago I got myself another server for torrenting purposes. @cociu was very accommodating and he came up with a great offer for $22/yr. So far everything has been stable and I am happy with my new VPS. :)

Things they have to improve on:

• English! @cociu's English is understandable but I believe it would help a lot if they hired staff who could communicate in English fluently.
  • Forced PayPal subscriptions. Yeah I know I can cancel it but I wish they would allow manual payments as a default option.

There are VPSs better than HostSolutions.ro when it comes to performance/price but what they offer is satisfactory. Furthermore the guy who runs the company seems eager to work with you to suit your needs so that's always a plus.

Comments

• vldvld Member
    edited May 2015

How does it smell? Like women's perfume? .

• Haha idk but it should. If I'm not mistaken they're originally a perfume company lol

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2015

1) @angrysnarl thanks for the Review (80% persons public review only when have problems)

2) i reconose my bad english , any way we have 3 people who speach/read good english. (if need native english in the tiket subject you can ask for @stdio for ex)

3) we are small company in the hosting industry , but we proportionaly grow wich is good.

4) we dont sell VPS with smell (lol @vld ) , the principal activity of our company is sell perfumes is true but dont meen no have hosting quality servicies. We use this company to avoid VAT how much is possible .

Regards and thanks for join !

• A few days with a VPS from @cociu now. No complaints so far.

• HWAYSHWAYS Member

The same with me. Already 25 days and no complains. As for the speed I am very happy.

• stdiostdio Member

Hi guys,

Thank you for the review angrysnarl. It means a lot to us. As my partner cociu said, we try to provide better, yet affordable services. Reviews like this (or even bad) help us understand the customers needs and this way we can improve our services.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @cociu said:

the principal activity of our company is sell perfumes is true but dont meen no have hosting quality servicies. We use this company to avoid VAT how much is possible .

A big Loool, perfumes&hostig s. R. L.

• @stdio @cociu no offenese but let @stdio post here he is English is much better however cociu don't leave us fully I would miss you

• @cociu is a good guy, I believe. Problem is, he might be a great guy in his own language. For English, I would indeed say @stdio makes the company look more professional. That's because his English is better.

To be honest, I don't bother the perfume thing too much. Sure, it might look a bit silly, but Romanians have to deal with some serious requirements by law when starting a new company. Might not be worth the effort. Though, maybe it will be worth the effort after exidting for a few years. As long as they don't disappear all out of the sudden like Moldavian VPSCorner did, it's okay.

Thanked by 2MikePT vimalware
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

DennisdeWit said: To be honest, I don't bother the perfume thing too much. Sure, it might look a bit silly, but Romanians have to deal with some serious requirements by law when starting a new company. Might not be worth the effort. Though, maybe it will be worth the effort after exidting for a few years. As long as they don't disappear all out of the sudden like Moldavian VPSCorner did, it's okay.

Agreed. I wouldn't bother if they own a perfumes company. They seem to be great guys and professionals.

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom no worries i dont leave :) i like LET

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • cociucociu Member

@DennisdeWit "As long as they don't disappear all out of the sudden like Moldavian VPSCorner did, it's okay." no worries for this

• vpssamyvpssamy Member

since april 2015 and good price, good vps, all perfect till today - thats hostsolutions!

• comXyzcomXyz Member

Well, when I don't see you, I will mention you on a funny thread @cociu

• gonzogonzo Member

i use it for one week, and it works fine. i would like to use the original centos kernel in the vps machine, but it isn't possible i guess.

• I tried the service, and I can recommand it again, without downtime, fast vps, so, very good for that price!

• TrafficTraffic Member

Fast servers, great service, great uptime and awesome prices. So far everything's been great with @cociu services.

Thanked by 2MikePT vimalware
  • altenholzeraltenholzer Member
    edited May 2015

I have since 2 weeks 2 OpenVZ vserver and am excited about this an the price ist very nice . The support is very friendly and on the day , the support reports very quickly . I can recommend HostSolutions.ro .

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Hi ! I took the same VPS since three weeks, and i'm totally satisfied.
    The support is ok, and they are so cool.

It's only €5.97EUR for 3 months !! No bandwith problems

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2015

I am happy to announce that we managed to make a big improvement to our network, we renegotiated our contract with two leading ISPs and should see results starting from today. What we can promise is that we will not stop here just want to have a very controlled growth in order not lose quality hosting packages regardless of what they purchase from us. Thank you again for your trust, because of YOU we can do great things!

PS was a google translate i hope is 80% ok :)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited May 2015

@cociu Thanks. Huge improvement: 120Mbit to >300Mbit (ALL europe sources)

200+Mbit from InceroDC, Dallas. Inter-continental transfers now in same class of online.net !!

I had assumed it was due to my untuned TCP in KVM. All tests performed before tuning kernel today.

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2015

@vimalware :) i am glad to know customers are satisfied , we still do a huge upgrade next week (i hope have time ) regards

• rokokrokok Member

cociu said: i am glad to see our customers content

What?

Thanked by 2Mark_R getvps
  • century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited May 2015

lol, he means glad to know customers are satisfied (don't mind the English)

Thanked by 1cociu
  • nitro85nitro85 Member

@rokok said:
    What?

Content (English), contente (Portuguese) or contento (Spanish) means satisfied or happy

I don't know if content is the best word on english because it cant be misleaded with the other meaning of the word that most know, lol

Thanked by 2MikePT getvps
  • Hmm, my vps and their website are offline right now.

• DC or rack outage? test IP posted here also is down(last hop).
    (I initially tried to load clientarea to ask via ticket.)

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2015

Website showing up offline for me as well.

I'm sure they will get it sorted quickly, they have some great reviews on this thread :)

• my VPS is up again, seems like the node was down.

Thanked by 1vimalware