Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Dacentec offers (dedicated)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Dacentec offers (dedicated)

catalystiumcatalystium Member
edited May 2015 in General

Noticed a few cheap offers they have that I've never seen (this cheap any ways, similar to delimiter for 5150):

https://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/index.php?/cart/dedicated-servers/

They also have some other cheap servers that are geared toward being storage servers (AMD procs)

Supermicro 5150 8GB 2X2TB SATA Rent Only    8GB     2x2TB   SW  $20.00 USD / Monthly

Supermicro 6-bay AMD 1214 HE 8GB 2x1TB SATA Rent Only  8GB 2x1TB   SW  $20.00 USD / Monthly

Supermicro X3440 8GB 2x2TB SATA Rent Only   8GB     2x2TB   SW  $30.00 USD / Monthly

10TB is included in all servers they sell rent by default.

(also not sure if this should be in the general category)

Comments

• Ordered the $20 server. Will give them a try! Thanks for posting this.

• RizRiz Member

same, thanks!

Thanked by 2catalystium dacentec
  • dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep

Fairly new boxes for us, we wanted to get a few units in the field.

Thanked by 2catalystium Riz
  • @dacentec said:

Some good offers, considering picking up a 5150 or x3440 myself.

• @dacentec said:

What is your deployment time frame for these servers?

• F*ck just bought a delimiter. Now need one of these.

Thanked by 1catalystium
  • comXyzcomXyz Member

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    F*ck just bought a delimiter. Now need one of these.

The 20$ server from Delimiter has better CPU, you should be happy

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@dacentec said:

the port is 1G or 100M? and can we re-install os by ourselves? does it free of charge? thanks.

• @comXyz said:
    The 20$ server from Delimiter has better CPU, you should be happy

Need disk as well. Anyway will keep them both :) if i get this one

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • catalystiumcatalystium Member
    edited May 2015

@sonontse said:

I want to say 24-48 hours for setup but it has been awhile since I've gotten anything new from them.

@hotsnow said:
    the port is 1G or 100M? and can we re-install os by ourselves? does it free of charge? thanks.

If you look at the very bottom of the server page it gives you these details: https://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/index.php?/cart/dedicated-servers/

PS: I don't work for them

Thanked by 1hotsnow

Setup SLA is 24 hours, but these are going out in sometimes 30 minutes. The port is a regular gig port. All the other tools are the normal dacentec re-install and power that everyone is used to.

• RizRiz Member

I have always had excellent network / support from dacentec. The os install process is pretty easy.

For me this was a no brainer.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

I wonder if can install custom os such as Proxmox, and can I request IPv6 addresses (such as /64 subnet)?

• RizRiz Member

They have proxmox available as an os to install. Shouldn't have an issue at all.

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • catalystiumcatalystium Member
    edited May 2015

@hotsnow said:
    I wonder if can install custom os such as Proxmox, and can I request IPv6 addresses (such as /64 subnet)?

You can select IP KVM under OS section and they'll set one up for you to use to install whatever.

Not sure how IPv6 addresses work, best bet would be contact sales: [email protected]

Thanked by 2hotsnow jzabel

You can request a block of ipv6 from support once you have your server, there is no charge for ipv6.

As for the proxmox question, check out our HOWTOS, http://wiki.dacentec.com/index.php?title=HOWTOS

Thanked by 2catalystium hotsnow
  • yomeroyomero Member
    edited May 2015

If I understand correctly, this is a single 5150 right?

@dacentec said:
    Setup SLA is 24 hours, but these are going out in sometimes 30 minutes. The port is a regular gig port. All the other tools are the normal dacentec re-install and power that everyone is used to.

So, I can expect it today if I order now?

• billyriantonobillyriantono Member, Host Rep

i had ordered waiting for delivery .

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2015

4TB for $20!! That's awesome!

Just to add its only an extra $10 to add a third 2TB so 6TB for $30/mo !!

Thanked by 1Scottsman
    edited May 2015

From what I understand they are a single 5150, we will probably see a benchmark here soon.

The official word on setup time is 24 hours, we build servers at night and on weekends. Orders are coming in quick, it will take us some hours to sort through them all. But it may be a matter of being out of stock soon, 5150 is on fire.

Thanked by 2catalystium hotsnow
  • Damn it!... wake up @ 3am to buy one... Nope.. can't.... must send in a ticket -.-

Something's missing :-P

Thanked by 1catalystium
  • @dacentec said:
    5150 is on fire.

You're welcome :-P haha.

Thanked by 1dacentec
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited May 2015

@catalystium said:
    You can select IP KVM under OS section and they'll set one up for you to use to install whatever.

thanks, forgot select this, will request it after got server, does the IP KVM is free?

@dacentec said:
    You can request a block of ipv6 from support once you have your server, there is no charge for ipv6.

thanks, ordered 1, will use this server to create several vpses :p

• @hotsnow said:

Yes its free to use for 24 hours and if you need longer just ask them to extend it, let them know via same ticket when you are done with it.

• SadySady Member

Saw this offer from phone, couldn't avoid & jumped on PC & successfully ordered a X5150 :)

Thanked by 1catalystium
  • And looks like the 5150's are gone :-).

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

catalystium said:
    And looks like the 5150's are gone :-).

they are gone fast :p

• ScottsmanScottsman Member
    edited May 2015

i order a box the order goes through and then no payment gateway so i check the orders status and its marked as fraud, i get in touch with the sales team and i get told that their system is detecting my ip as a proxy when its not but they fixed it and i should order again, i go to order again and they are all sold out.

Story of my fucking life

Update : they were nice enough to offer me a box.

Thanked by 3earl catalystium 4n0nx
  • dlaxotn2dlaxotn2 Member
    edited May 2015

ordered 5150, gonna use it as storage bucket. still pending #10401

• yomeroyomero Member

At the end didn't ordered =(
    But well, if you need more of cpu power, and more ram, the opteron 1385 is a good choice for 30 USD imho.

Thanked by 2dacentec catalystium