Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Selling $103 Digital Ocean credit
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Selling $103 Digital Ocean credit

geezguygeezguy Member

Hey people,

I got a $100 coupon on DO a while ago, but haven't used it since I already paid for other hosts. And since they have now changed their coupon policy so the credits expire after a year, I want to sell it as I probably won't use it before the expiry date.
The account has $103 credit on it which will expire on March 2016. The account is active and you can create droplets without needing to add a credit card or pay with paypal (as I have already done so).
I'm asking for $35 on paypal (and paypal only!) for it, or the best offer if there are more people interested.

Comments

• BruceBruce Member

Auction Start/Reserve price can not be set above $7

• KerberosKerberos Member
    edited May 2015

Joins today. Hawks DO credit.

• Can this be transferred to another account I already own?

• Seriously2015Seriously2015 Member
    edited May 2015

So, was that from the github student pack and you are trying to profit from their generosity? And you signed up to the forum to make one post- to sell something that someone gave to you. Real cool.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

I can sell my account with $28 credit, contact me trough PM

• geezguygeezguy Member
    edited May 2015

@inthecloudblog said:
    Can this be transferred to another account I already own?

No, unfortunately not possible.

• sonicsonic Veteran

10$

• 11$

• duduyxduduyx Member

12$

• orenjiorenji Member

check pm sir :)

• geezguygeezguy Member

Sold

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

If someone wants DO with $28 still for sale :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@fitvpn said:
    If someone wants DO with $28 still for sale :)

Please do not do this. I missed this thread before. Accounts are not to be transferred.

These Terms of Service are personal to you, and are not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with our prior written consent.
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member

Stupid rules, if I have credit but not want deal, what need to do?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2015

@fitvpn said:
    Stupid rules,

Have you ever run a web hosting related business? If so, you are likely aware that most of this industry considers the registration time to be one of the most vital moments. It isn't because they all make a guess, it's because they see problems and they take the best path they can find to resolving them. Selling your account circumvents this procedure. If you have ever run a successful web hosting related business, it should be apparent to you why this is a bad thing. If not, trust me, it's key. Knowing LET as well as I do, someone so eager to buy an already running account with just $28 credit has a very high chance of resulting in abuse. You may not care about that, but other customers who are impacted by it certainly do. Preventing abuse is directly related to uptime and quality of service.

@fitvpn said:
    if I have credit but not want deal, what need to do?

The simplest answer would be simply don't use the credit if you don't want to use it.

You are more than welcome to make suggestions for policy change: https://digitalocean.uservoice.com/forums/136585-digitalocean