Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DNS Hosting Company?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DNS Hosting Company?

gibstergibster Member

Hi all,
I was thinking of creating a little DNS hosting company, I have 7 VPS that I use that are dedicated to serving my website's DNS however there is a lot of potential power not being used.
What do you think?
Thanks in advance,
Ben

Comments

• NomadNomad Member

Well it's summer...

• Depends on price? What are you going to offer that CF doesn't?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • comXyzcomXyz Member

My personal opinion: if you don't have anything different, don't do it. There are too many free DNS services already.

• ricardoricardo Member

Remove the word company from your question and go for it.

Thanked by 1MrX
  • I would not do such thing.. Keep us posted if you will do it despite we told you not to

• Seriously2015Seriously2015 Member
    edited May 2015

What are you going to offer that is different/better than cf/godaddy/namesilo/dns included with linode and digital ocean, dnseasy, rage4, nsone, buddydns and many mant more? Noone will care about low price if their site cant be reached. And many of the above are free with domain. GoDaddy anycast is 2.99 month to month and gives unlimited domains. NSOne has Geoip filtering and much much more and is free for low volume

• wow, 7 DNS VPSes just for one site? Amazing......

• gibstergibster Member

@century1stop said:
    wow, 7 DNS VPSes just for one site? Amazing......

According to RFC2182 section 5 you must have at least 3 nameservers, and no more than 7 - Why not go all out?