Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHT Down? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHT Down?

2»

Comments

• Low End Food?

• Lmao.. Low End Train Tickets?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@vedran said: Low End Food?

It's called a corner shop mate! :P I'll tell you what we have here, LowEndWeather.

• a UK LET Meetup would be good.

a US one as well maybe for the friends across the ultra fast data pond :p

• uk let meetup? by sounds of it we all live pretty close i also am from rotherham and also can see corus from my window, sure you dont live on my street ashley lol

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited November 2011

Im at the opposite side of you i think, a fair distance but Corus is a big, ugly looking place. It gives me joy to know my dad is in there working and im sat at home on my PC with a cuppa and the heating on :P

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited November 2011

Aye a UK meetup sounds good. Should be somewhere like liverpool? :D

• Not you DanielM your too negative you would only moan about bus fares or something :p lol

• Nice to know people hate me :( and tbh i dont use public transport lmao its useless

• yeah agreed public transport is useless

• Where abouts in Liverpool, Bootle? oh god. Might aswell go to rotheram then, perhaps corus hire out function rooms with views over the plant.

• I have a few places But most of the time i live at Wavertree. ( Less than a mile from city center)

• @DanielM I remember when we were young we went to liverpool and did all the tourist things. On some tour it was like 'There's the docks, theres the cavern club (remade) and then the woman turned round and said that was hitlers house'.

It's nice to know hitler helped liverpools tourist industry......

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited November 2011

Yeh my local area ( Wavertree) has also recently Just hosted the BNP Confrence so bad press :(. And liverpool is a nice place for tourism. We have multiple museums we have a Ferry/Spaceport etc.. We also have Data centers!

• Lucky you. Shame they knocked down the real cavern club!

• hitlers house

The irony of that is our local transit system is currently replacing the bike racks on the buses from a bar type rank to one with a square metal plate on the bottom.

With the dark windows on the front of the buses, I swear they look like hitler's face with the plate being the mustache.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

The only way is Essex. :P I guess I'm the only guy from Essex here.

• @drmike said: With the dark windows on the front of the buses, I swear they look like hitler's face with the plate being the mustache.

It's funny that everybody know how Hitler looks like but doesn't know that he wasn't German.

• @kylix said: It's funny that everybody know how Hitler looks like but doesn't know that he wasn't German.

I knew that and I also knew he failed to get into the German army. So he used Austria to do it.

• @drmike said: The irony of that is our local transit system is currently replacing the bike racks on the buses from a bar type rank to one with a square metal plate on the bottom. With the dark windows on the front of the buses, I swear they look like hitler's face with the plate being the mustache.

Hitler house:

• Weird looking house, even weirder resident's :P

• @Ashley When are you going to open up a Rotheram datacentre?

• Lmao, aye i dont think there are any near us is there?

• there already is at manvers but its expensive i got a quote for caged area and it was too much.

• one at sheffield as well

• @daimonb said: there already is at manvers but its expensive i got a quote for caged area and it was too much.

How much out of curiosity?
    Yeah onyx one (http://www.onyx.net/infrastructure-products/hosting-and-replication/uk-data-centres/south-yorkshire-data-centre)

• cant remember ill check but would have been perfect for me 10 minutes down road. Looked at sheffield but it seems its run by students or at least my communication with them seemed like it.

• @DanielM said: Aye a UK meetup sounds good. Should be somewhere like liverpool? :D

Maybe London, its a bit more centralish?

• @There are a few Datacenters in Leeds that you might want to check out.

@Dan I think Manchester. as its truly central!