Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Decent Dedicated Server from DediDirect Dual Quad L5420 2.5Ghz 16GB DDR2) for $99
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Decent Dedicated Server from DediDirect Dual Quad L5420 2.5Ghz 16GB DDR2) for $99

serverbearserverbear Member
edited August 2012 in Providers

Came across this dedicated offer earlier & thought it was pretty solid for those that might consider reselling:

Dual Quad L5420 2.5Ghz
16GB DDR2 ECC Registered Memory
1TB SATAII HDD 7.2K
10TB Premium BW
1Gbps Port
1 Usable IP Addresses
HDD, Memory, Uplink upgrades available

Only available until Midnight on the 12th Aug.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1181012

They'll do it for $40/month if you pay a $400 setup fee.

Comments

• Looks like a decent offer.
    How are their reviews - any personal experience? I can't tell if they run their own data centers or not.

Thanks for sharing, serverbear. :)

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

They cannot do RAID10 so this time i will pass.

• These types of servers are very old and cost less than $300 of ebay. If you really want such a config - buy one and then colo it - would probably be cheaper.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-ProLiant-DL360-G5-457927-001-Server-Dual-Quad-Core-2-5Ghz-L5420-16GB-2x-PS-/271031980609?pt=COMP_EN_Servers&hash=item3f1ac3d241#ht_500wt_1025

Thanked by 1serverbear
  • Avoid DediDirect at all costs. I won't be the one to talk about specifics of what I hear but if you google for a few minutes you'll find out everything you need to know. It's ran by a young guy named Vee Tran.

And Eric, they are a reseller.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@rds100 will anywhere even colo for less than $40 a month? Not seen anywhere below that amount for 1u.. closest is Joe's Datacenter and Datashack from what I've seen.

@mikehighend said: they are a reseller.

What and which company's server are they reselling?

@liamwithers Dacentec also have $40/m colo service.

• @mikehighend said: Avoid DediDirect at all costs. I won't be the one to talk about specifics of what I hear but if you google for a few minutes you'll find out everything you need to know.

I normally check reviews before posting offers etc & couldn't find anything about these guys that was negative.

• TazTaz Member

Colo at DataShack? Joe's? BURSTNET ( If you become one of their reseller, it is around 35$ I think)..

@serverbear said: I normally check reviews before posting offers etc & couldn't find anything about these guys that was negative.

One of my friends has been with them for a few months.they are good enough for the price.

• @serverbear said: I normally check reviews before posting offers etc & couldn't find anything about these guys that was negative.

veeservers, counterstrike kiddies or w/e

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Not nearly great deal.I can get a server with that specs, including the hdds fot around 250-270$...

• Why not get a kimsufi? Better spec better network and cheaper overall.

• I couldn't find anything on their website about additional IP addresses?

@Damian said: I couldn't find anything on their website about additional IP addresses?

I THINK i have asked them before and they responded it was 1$ per additional IP.

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited August 2012

@Damian said: I couldn't find anything on their website about additional IP addresses?

£1 Each or Per Failover IP (Basicaly an extra IP max 3 per server of this type)
    IP Blocks Cost: (These RIPE IP's Can have there netname and address changed)

£7.19 For 4 Extra
    £21 For 16 Extra
    £83 For 64 Extra
    £167 For 128 Extra

• $2 per IP at the large block. Precludes use as a LEB VPS server...

• @Damian said: $2 per IP at the large block. Precludes use as a LEB VPS server...

Am sure you could get them to route your own IP's if you had enough.

• JTRJTR Member
    edited August 2012

I used DediDirect before. Their network is shitty, the entire datacenter was going down randomly, the CPU wasn't very good at single-threaded performance, the hardware was old, my hard drive had over 2yrs of continuous runtime, and when I needed to use a KVM, I had the lovely surprise of being billed $25/2hrs for it.

I switched after the incident with the KVM to another provider, who has done much better despite being cheaper.

Thanked by 1EricCubixCloud

@JTR said: I switched after the incident with the KVM to another provider, who has done much better despite being cheaper.

share with us

Thanked by 1EricCubixCloud
  • @JTR said: I had the lovely surprise of being billed $25/2hrs for it.

thats cheap lol iomart (Rapidswitch) charges £50 an hour (Thats around $90 an hour)

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

I have used them before as well. Only reason I cancelled the service was because of outages and shitty network. IIRC a lot went over Cogent which meant performance was often lacking.

I had no problems dealing with Vee Tran though or the other staff I had correspondence with. They seemed professional to me.