Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you buy? 1 Xeon core - 512MB memory - 15GB SSD - Unmetered traffic - HU location
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Will you buy? 1 Xeon core - 512MB memory - 15GB SSD - Unmetered traffic - HU location

ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
edited May 2015 in General

Hi guys,

Within 1-2 week we want to start to sell Hungarian VPS's. What do you think?

**Specs:**
1 Xeon E5 core
512MB dedicated memory
KVM - Virtualizor Panel
15GB Samsung EVO PRO SSD
100mbit - unmetered traffic - use as you want. 
99,9% SLA
1 IP
Daily offsite backup (can be requested restore)

7 USD / mo

What do you think :)?

Comments

• How much for a 2GB one with 2-3 cores??

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

if that was a E3 core i would say good deal. but since it's E5 (which is a lot slower performing) i would say it's expensive.

• Daily offsite backup (can be requested restore)

Interesting, maybe besides SSD you could offer cheaper HDD plans (larger) ?
    Those would go along well with the offsite backup.
    Also, do you accept bitcoin? That would be my recommendation.

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited May 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    How much for a 2GB one with 2-3 cores??

Well at this time this is the only one for LET. But next week we shall se the prices with 2 core and 2GB memory.

@TarZZ92 said:
    if that was a E3 core i would say good deal. but since it's E5 (which is a lot slower performing) i would say it's expensive.

Sorry but in Hungary the stuff is very very expensive. And our target not will be only LET :)
    Dual Xeon E5-2430 / E5-2430 v2

@funyuns_are_awesome said:
    Also, do you accept bitcoin? That would be my recommendation.

I will check this bitcoin thing. Well at HDD plans we want to use only SAS disks so we decided to use SSD (Samsung EVO PRO)

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

ZweiTiger said: Sorry but in Hungary the stuff is very very expensive

then should it not be cheaper buying E3's ?

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Are you in Hungary ?? Why not buy something else than E5's ?? Is that E5's which you are getting for cheap price or Investing heavily ?? And People would want some more space as it's rare location. I prefer to set up SAS 15K Disks or Enterprise grade SATA. Best wishes for you.

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2015

@TarZZ92 said:
    then should it not be cheaper buying E3's ?

Not if you consider the E3 can only take up to 32GB of RAM, while the E5 can take over 300GB probably able to stuff more VM per node on the E5 compared to the E3

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

earl said: Not if you consider the E3 can only take up to 32GB of RAM, while the E5 can take over 300GB probably able to stuff more VM per node on the E5 compared to the E3

True i guess. but KVM can also do KSM

• earlearl Member

@TarZZ92 said:
    True i guess. but KVM can also do KSM

I suppose its an option, but there only so much you can do with 32 GB of RAM.. I doubt any amount of tuning can give you the same performance as having 384GB of real RAM.. That and the E5 has 12 threads as compared to the E3 which I believe only has 8..

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

earl said: That and the E5 has 12 threads as compared to the E3 which I believe only has 8..

the E3 still beats it.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

5$ More reality :)

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Are you in Hungary ?? Why not buy something else than E5's ?? Is that E5's which you are getting for cheap price or Investing heavily ?? And People would want some more space as it's rare location. I prefer to set up SAS 15K Disks or Enterprise grade SATA. Best wishes for you.

When the disk is shared , SAS not enought. Anyway thank you :)

@earl said:
    I suppose its an option, but there only so much you can do with 32 GB of RAM.. I doubt any amount of tuning can give you the same performance as having 384GB of real RAM.. That and the E5 has 12 threads as compared to the E3 which I believe only has 8..

Yes the nodes will have 64GB memory.

@fitvpn said:
    5$ More reality :)

Reality yes. But not in hungary :)

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

ZweiTiger said: Reality yes. But not in hungary :)

Romania still enough for central Europe :) Why no LET in Poland? Nice location.