Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E3-1230 @ $27.95/mo - Quadix<br>8 GB ECC RAM | 1TB Disk | 1 Gbps Port | 3 x IPv4 | Dedicated IPMI - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

E3-1230 @ $27.95/mo - Quadix<br>8 GB ECC RAM | 1TB Disk | 1 Gbps Port | 3 x IPv4 | Dedicated IPMI

Comments

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

the dc is not friendly to asia :p

• @agoldenberg said:
    IThinkUFailed no too sure. I'm in Canada and it's good for us lol

Quadix finally got in contact with me.

Approx 100ms ping to NL and UK and 120MS to another UK london place. 84MS to Online.net.

Overall it's not that bad, I'm tempted to purchase their X5650 one but I don't know in all honesty. Could be good for some VMs to mess with and for production use. Any suggestions for a backup method for it as I don't want to buy a raid card plus another drive. Feeling cheap in all honesty.

• andrewnandrewn Member

that would be a fantastic offer with HW RAID.

• aliangaliang Member

Host IP and test the IP is not in the same room, are you kidding?

• @andrewn said:
    that would be a fantastic offer with HW RAID.

really??? why don't we just get a 1TB SSD too....

Thanked by 3earl BharatB Brad
  • I have 5 boxes with them ;). Building the server takes around 1 week. Servers work like a charm and their network is great for what we do.

Thanked by 1earl
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

how cheap ya feelin maybe I could help.

• JonchunJonchun Member

@earl said:
    If Seriously2015 had any logic

There's your problem. Just ignore him.

Ot: Great deal, thanks for sharing.

Thanked by 1earl
  • @jonchun why dont you go back out of some more domain auctions for various reasons or whine about a ddos protection vendor refund again. You seem to have significant issues

Thanked by 1SSDBlaze
  • JonchunJonchun Member

@Seriously2015 said:
    jonchun why dont you go back out of some more domain auctions for various reasons or whine about a ddos protection vendor refund again. You seem to have significant issues

Please PM me with an organized list of problems you have with me.

• andrewnandrewn Member

@OnraHost said:

because SSD is expensive??!!!

• earlearl Member

@Seriously2015 said:
    jonchun why dont you go back out of some more domain auctions for various reasons or whine about a ddos protection vendor refund again. You seem to have significant issue

How nice of you to grace us with your presence.. You always have the loveliest of things to say!

Honestly the only person I see having issues is you! You're really quite the spaz!

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • immyimmy Member

Unable to ping the given IP address???

• @immy said:
    Unable to ping the given IP address???

I had the same issue; When contacting they told me to ping ix.quadix.co

@earl said:
    How nice of you to grace us with your presence.. You always have the loveliest of things to say!

Honestly the only person I see having issues is you! You're really quite the spaz!

Hey uh man why aren't you wearing your tin foil hat man... The government is gonna like intercept your brainwaves... need more tin foil... more tin foil DID YOU HEAR THAT?

Don't worry if he continues to fail to contribute i'm certain moderation will remove him for just spamming useless crap.

• immyimmy Member

I need someone like quadix for europe locations .... ?

• @immy said:
    I need someone like quadix for europe locations .... ?

Online.net, Hetzner, So you start and Kimsufi are the common ones that come to mind.

• @Umcookies said:
    Online.net, Hetzner, So you start and Kimsufi are the common ones that come to mind.

Worldstream.nl also come to mind on some of their deals.

• immyimmy Member

@Umcookies said:

Either adding IPs gets the price out or adding setup cost with support contract upgrade to add extra IPs averages the cost a lot higher, So you start average with setup cost for IPs comes to the same price as others.

• quad.ix network just a hit or miss. either you get a great 1gbit speed from them (seen up to 60MB/s) or you miss like crazy and get a spanking 1MB/s (what I get to my west coast servers & my 1gbit home line). I wouldn't recommend using their services for anything but development testing or a hobby box to fiddle with.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I beg to differ. Mine performs quite well and I have 2 cPanel customer VPSes hosted on it.

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           L5630  @ 2.13GHz
    Number of cores : 16
    CPU frequency :  2128.050 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 32155 MB
    Total amount of swap : 31743 MB
    System uptime :   37 days, 4:26,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 36.5MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 63.7MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 29.0MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.97MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 4.54MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 16.1MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.13MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 17.6MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 19.9MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 73.9MB/s
    I/O speed :  102 MB/s

• @agoldenberg said:
    I beg to differ. Mine performs quite well and I have 2 cPanel customer VPSes hosted on it.

> CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           L5630  @ 2.13GHz
    > Number of cores : 16
    > CPU frequency :  2128.050 MHz
    > Total amount of ram : 32155 MB
    > Total amount of swap : 31743 MB
    > System uptime :   37 days, 4:26,
    > Download speed from CacheFly: 36.5MB/s
    > Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 63.7MB/s
    > Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 29.0MB/s
    > Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.97MB/s
    > Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 4.54MB/s
    > Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 16.1MB/s
    > Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.13MB/s
    > Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 17.6MB/s
    > Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 19.9MB/s
    > Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 73.9MB/s
    > I/O speed :  102 MB/s
    > 

Thank you so much; I really was looking for something like this. The network seems pretty damn good for the price in all honesty. If it only had 100Mbps you'd still be getting a killer deal.

• grabbed one with 250GB SSD to eliminate any IO slow downs. will run speed tests myself and post up to show what i get.

Thanked by 1earl
  • @doughnet said:
    grabbed one with 250GB SSD to eliminate any IO slow downs. will run speed tests myself and post up to show what i get.

Thanks, could you also list the model of SSD they provide please? I'm guessing an older intel or a samsung evo model myself but would be interested to see.

Really appreciate you guys providing all this info to allow users to actually decide if it's for them or not.

• earlearl Member

@doughnet said:

That would be nice thanks.

• edited May 2015

Tell me which command to let you know under ubuntu cli and I will tell you guys. About to sleep

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

@inthecloudblog said:
    Tell me which command to let you know under ubuntu cli and I will tell you guys. About to sleep

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash

Thanks

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • FredQcFredQc Member

When I had a server with them my SSD was an old OCZ Deneva. It was not that bad actually.

• @FredQc said:
    When I had a server with them my SSD was an old OCZ Deneva. It was not that bad actually.

Cool, thanks for the info. Trying to gather a good idea of what Quadix are about now.

• Does anyone know if their IPMI is protected (VPN or firewalled) ..... or is it on a public IP?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@geekalot said:
    Does anyone know if their IPMI is protected (VPN or firewalled) ..... or is it on a public IP?

It's on a public IP. :-)

Thanked by 1geekalot