Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E3-1230 @ $27.95/mo - Quadix<br>8 GB ECC RAM | 1TB Disk | 1 Gbps Port | 3 x IPv4 | Dedicated IPMI
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

E3-1230 @ $27.95/mo - Quadix<br>8 GB ECC RAM | 1TB Disk | 1 Gbps Port | 3 x IPv4 | Dedicated IPMI

earlearl Member

Hey, Just saw this from WHT.. it's from Quadix.co.

If you have any questions please email them directly, [email protected].

C/P from WHT

Intel Xeon E3-1230

» 1 x Intel Xeon E3-1230 (8 cores total w/HT) (CPU Mark 8033)

» 8 GB ECC Memory FREE UPGRADE!

» 1TB SATA Hard Drive FREE UPGRADE!

» 1 Gbps Port (30TB Transfer)

» 3 IP Addresses

» SSD storage available

» Full DELL Dedicated iDRAC IPMI Access (reboot, reload)

Per Month: $27.95

Setup Fee: $0

Order Link: http://quadix.co/ix/cart.php?a=add&pid=4

E3-1230 Upgrades:

Additional Hard Drives:

» 1TB SATA ENT Hard Drive $10.00 per month (up to 2 total)

» 2TB SATA ENT Hard Drive $15.00 per month (up to 2 total)

» 250 GB SSD Hard Drive $15.00 per month (up to 2 total)

Memory:

» 8 GB DDR3 ECC Memory Included

» 16 GB DDR3 ECC Memory $10.00 per month

Network:

» 1 Gbps Burstable Port With 30TB Transfer per month (Included)

» 1 Gbps Dedicated Unmetered Port available

» 10 Gbps Burstable Port available

IP Addresses:

» 3 IPv4 Allocation (3 usable) Included

» /29 IPv4 Allocation IPv4(5 usable) $3.00 per month

» /28 IPv4 Allocation (14 usable) $9.00 per month

» /27 IPv4 Allocation (29 usable) $16.00 per month

» /26 IPv4 Allocation (61 usable) $32.00 per month

» /25 IPv4 Allocation (125 usable) $60.00 per month

Larger allocations, please contact us

Network:

» Speed Test: (1000Mbps) http://www.quadix.co/bigtest.xz

» Ping Test: 104.193.10.2

Setup time is aprox. 24 to 48 hours excluding weekends money back guarantee. We have several hundred units in stock ready to go. If you need an expedited order, please call or email to see if we can accommodate this request.

Data Center:

QuadIX servers are housed in Wilkes-Barre, PA with direct peering to New York City and Philadelphia USA. Our facility is independently operated, and staffed by us directly 24 x 7 and utilizes secure closed circuit cameras.

If you have any pre-sale questions, please feel free to contact us directly at [email protected] or toll free at (877) 669-8680

I'm not affiliated nor do I make any commission from Quadix, just sharing what seems like a good deal.

Comments

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited May 2015

I sent them an email about 48 hours ago regarding one of their other offers and have had no response thus far but this is a decent price for a decent little machine.

Edit Is it just me or is ping timing out for everyone?

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

As @Jack Pointed out, incase somebody doesn't know Quadix.co is another brand of Volumedrive.com

• earlearl Member

@IThinkUFailed said:
    Edit Is it just me or is ping timing out for everyone?

Yes you're right the test ip doesn't seem to be working! Hmm..

• @earl said:
    Yes you're right the test ip doesn't seem to be working! Hmm..

A traceroute kinda gives an idea of the latency to expect...

• SadySady Member

Looks good, I would have grabbed one if they didn't have downtime in past.

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

@Sady said:
    Looks good, I would have grabbed one if they didn't have downtime in past.

Yeah I didn't get one either.. I have far too many servers right now, otherwise I would for sure.

• ckm_2ckm_2 Member

If this came with the SSD instead of the hard drive, it would make for a much better deal!

• earlearl Member

@ckm_2 said:
    If this came with the SSD instead of the hard drive, it would make for a much better deal!

well it does mention its a 7200 rpm drive on the order form so at least its not those power saving green drives..

I think 1TB 72k drive is pretty generous considering the price.. I see some providers offer E3's with 250GB drives at almost twice the price quadix is charging

• I get the impression some of you have friends at quadix

Thanked by 2Mark_R SSDBlaze
  • earlearl Member

@Seriously2015 said:
    I get the impression some of you have friends at quadix

Not sure who you're refering to.. as none of us here seems to be talking peaches n cream about volumedrive..

Are you implying that by posting this offer I'm shilling for volumedrive?

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Whatever the case may be, @earl you've let them know about the offer now leave it upto them to decide whats best. No use arguing about what is good / bad.

@ckm_2 said:

I see you can't get enough lol , colocating an E3 is higher than the price they already offer.

Thanked by 2earl Nomad
  • WilliamWilliam Member

you better have some spare time should that 1TB drive ever fail, could take a long time to get any support.

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2015

@William said:
    you better have some spare time should that 1TB drive ever fail, could take a long time to get any support.

Well, you should always have a backup plan regardless who you're with..

if you're concerened about redundancy then maybe you could opt to add an extra drive and go with raid1..

• ckm_2ckm_2 Member

earl said: considering the price..

Then how about this for $2 more? ;)

» Xeon E3-1230
    » 16 GB RAM
    » 128GB SSD or 1TB HD

$29.95/m

• BruceBruce Member

cost of extra IPs is really nice

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

@ckm_2 said:
    $29.95/m

That looks like a better deal.. Is that from quadix? Post the link.

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited May 2015

@Bruce said:

Indeed, I believe Qaudix just peered with two new bandwidth providers too. The network is alright over there, the support obviously for the price isn't the best.

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

@Bruce said:

/29 is not so great considering you're only getting an extra 2 IPS for $3. But above that is decent

• earlearl Member

@MSPNick said:
    Indeed, I believe Qaudix just peered with two new bandwidth providers too. The network is alright over there, the support obviously for the price isn't the best.

I haven't tried quadix but with volumedrive the network was much better when they were pretty much just cogent.

• ckm_2ckm_2 Member

earl said: That looks like a better deal... ...Post the link.

It was only a hypothetical offer! ;)

MSPNick said: I believe Quadix just peered with two new bandwidth providers too. The network is alright over there...

I'm getting some very impressive bandwidth from Quadix to my home connection!

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

@ckm_2 said:

Ah OK, I misunderstood you then.. I don't work for Quadix so unfortunately I can't offer you any discounts..

If I did for sure it'll be party time on LET.. :p

• No thanks !!!

• earlearl Member

@Jazzy8999 said:
    No thanks !!!

Yeah, not for the faint of hearts.. At least you know your limit :p

• @Seriously2015 said:
    I get the impression some of you have friends at quadix

Your impressions are wrong. I've suggested Quadix to one person but I also suggest Dacentec. I enclosed two options for the user to look at. I only suggested it simply because the user was wanting a lot for a small price which Quadix were offering nearly within his budget.

Regardless, this forum is all about hosting in favour of the low end pricing scheme and this certainly fits that criteria... Maybe you should request your name be changed to Conspiracy2015...

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

Regardless, this forum is all about hosting in favour of the low end pricing scheme and this >certainly fits that criteria...

Thank you kindly.. It was very well said.!

If @Seriously2015 had any logic you would think I would at least have mention I have service with Quadix if I were actually going to shill for them.. And to think he actually called me paranoid!

• @earl said:
    If Seriously2015 had any logic you would think I would at least have mention I have service with Quadix if I were actually going to shill for them.. And to think he actually called me paranoid!

Don't worry, I've seen his posts before and his attitude never changes. Don't allow him to get to you... You're providing the community a service by posting a deal that otherwise might go unheard of as some people don't use WHT religiously such as myself. I only stumbled upon it while I happend to browse today... which occurs once in a blue moon (one time in like 3 months)

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

@IThinkUFailed said:
    You're providing the community a service by posting a deal that otherwise might go unheard of as some people don't use WHT religiously such as myself.

Well thanks again.. I'm glad somebody appreciates the share :)

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I've had a server with QuadIX for a couple of months now and I've had Zero issues.

Network is fine for what I use it for and support is pretty simple. Just email Josh and he'll handle your issue.

Ordered one of these because the price is fantastic and any servers I've had with VD or QUADIX have been just fine.

Thanked by 1earl
  • @agoldenberg said:
    I've had a server with QuadIX for a couple of months now and I've had Zero issues.

Network is fine for what I use it for and support is pretty simple. Just email Josh and he'll handle your issue.

Ordered one of these because the price is fantastic and any servers I've had with VD or QUADIX have been just fine.

Thanks, how would you say the network is for European users?

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@IThinkUFailed no too sure. I'm in Canada and it's good for us lol