Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I get my IP address removed from a blacklist
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do I get my IP address removed from a blacklist

nekkidnekkid Member
edited April 2015 in Help

I am wondering why suddenly a site shows my site as blacklisted, for e.g. on Craigslist or Google.

Any advise on how to go about getting this resolved?

Comments

1. Fix the problem - why did you get blacklisted?
    2. Find out the removal procedure
    3. Follow procedure
    Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • How do I find> @tehdan said:

1. Fix the problem - why did you get blacklisted?..

How do I find out what the problem is.... all I know is that I use some plugins like ad-block etc to surf safely... but unsure how to troubleshoot the root cause.

I scanned for virus with windows malicious software tool, not sure if its the right tool, but found nothing so far

• Gift me $5k via PayPal and I'll get it sorted™.

• I guess lowend talk, only attracts low end answers :)

@stackmutt said:
    Gift me $5k via PayPal and I'll get it sorted™.

• Maybe you got a blacklisted IP from your ISP's pool (someone else did some shady things maybe). I had a blacklisted IP once or twice. Someone told me to just contact them.

• BruceBruce Member

what benefit is there if you do get the listing removed? email? something else?

if it's all about email, why not relay to somewhere that don't block you (mandrill comes to mind, or google)

• @nekkid said:
    I guess lowend questions only attract low end answers :)

ftfy.

• Your VPS or home IP? My home IP is on 4 blacklists and I've never noticed any issues!

• BruceBruce Member

is it true that they will block lots of IPs, like a /24. so might not be your IP that was bad, but your neighbour.

• @nekkid said:
    I am wondering why suddenly a site shows my site as blacklisted, for e.g. on Craigslist or Google.

Any advise on how to go about getting this resolved?

A little more clarity would be useful. But anyway, like @TheLonely suggested, it could be because of other past or present users of the same IP. If this is about your ISP then there could be hundreds of other people on the same IP depending on how they're set up. If that's the case and you're using DHCP then you could break the lease and see if you get another address, or you could ask them for a fixed IP. You could also use a VPN.

• I'm guessing your not talking about IP address blacklists (DNSBL), but instead, the independent blacklists that Craigslist and Google uses. If your blocked from Craigslist, then it's most likely you or somebody else is running a script that logins and posts to Craigslist automatically. The only way to get off this list is to stop auto-posting or by changing the IP address. For Google, if your blacklisted by their email servers then you (or somebody else) is flooding them with spam or something on the SMTP server isn't setup (take a look at this article) for more info.