Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostigation discontinued backup plans...bummer - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostigation discontinued backup plans...bummer

2»

Comments

• I wanted to get a storage before from hostigation because its affordable, but usually out of stock

• shaunpudshaunpud Member
    edited August 2012

@miTgiB said: Hence, my newb detector.

I wouldn't consider this a newb detector as I'm sure many people would type hostigation followed by a <Ctrl>+<Enter> to prefix www. and suffix .com to complete an address, as supported in most modern browsers.

• If someone read the message they'd realize they needed to remove the www.

• @shaunpud Yeah, I'd say its a pretty poor newb detector.
    Ctrl+enter is practically a reflex for me. While it only takes one click to get past the warning (in chrome), the insinuation that I'm a noob because of it hurts my feelings :(

Thanked by 1shaunpud
  • flam316flam316 Member
    edited August 2012

@AsadHaider said: Don't think that would work, it would throw the SSL error first before checking the htaccess file. When you allow the invalid cert, it would then process the htaccess rules and redirect you.

Learned this when I brought a cert and didn't put www. in the common name.

Why can't the "www" virtual host be non-ssl? It's not like you're transferring any sensitive data over it if there's just a 301 going to non-www (which is SSL). Makes sense to me.

• www. is a sub-domain.

• @LAKid You're joking, right?

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Jeffrey It is correct.

• @AsadHaider said: Don't think that would work, it would throw the SSL error first before checking the htaccess file. When you allow the invalid cert, it would then process the htaccess rules and redirect you.

Yep, but chances are people aren't going to go to https://www.hostigation.com/ they'll type in www.hostigaton.com at which point you redirect them to https://hostigation.com

• gianggiang Veteran

@Jeffrey said: @LAKid You're joking, right?

Yes, www is a subdomain :D

• Lol

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited August 2012

@Francisco said: Storage always goes to people on IRC before the general public. All things are pointing at NY + other stock releasing next Friday (17th)

Interesting :D Luckily I was having an issue with my card associated to my paypal but will be resolved sooner :) So I can grab at least one at NY :P

• @Jeffrey didn't know www. is a sub-domain?

• @serverbear said: www.hostigaton.com

lol

• @LAKid I did, I wasn't referring to that. Inside joke. :P

• PatsPats Member
    edited August 2012

@miTgiB said: But my idea was offer something small to get you in the door, over time you would grow into it. Reality is those small plans almost never upgraded over a year, most just never used the space at all and let the service laps

you should have discontinued only those 'something small' - Backup30 & (Backup60 if its also on unviable category or bump it up with $1)

That should do do good to you and us :P

• PatsPats Member
    edited August 2012

@birdie25 said: Storage Level 1 Monthly

128MB Dedicated Ram
    200GB Raid 50 Diskspace
    500GB Bandwidth
    100mbit Port
    1x IPv4 Address
    SolusVM
    €5/Month, Direct Signup
    That's the torqhost storage plan. It's 200GB RAID50.

storage is good but Bandwidth is limiting here