Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

uses for windows 2012 dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

uses for windows 2012 dedicated server

plumbergplumberg Veteran
edited April 2015 in Help

I have a spare dedicated server running win 2012; currently just idling.

Suggestions for apps which I can setup on the server?

(just edited). I would like to host video conferencing.. any apps for free? Mainly an internal use within our team... which allows recording and saving the same on server? I would like to use Android as the client for the same.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Comments

• Exchange server if you have the time, patients and knowledge to set it up or even like the idea.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Prtg, remote desktop with a bunch of apps.

• SNetworks1 said: Exchange server if you have the time, patients and knowledge to set it up or even like the idea.

Indeed a task if someone can take the time and effort needed to do so.

I currently have tasks running and use it as a RDP server where universal information/programs are available for use wherever I am - I then took this further and allowed colleagues, friends and family to have user accounts so they can access anything they need.

• Any suggestions of apps... which allow hosting free video conferencing? And maybe allow recording and saving the same on server? I would like to use Android as the client for the same.

Any suggesions?