Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pung the Provider - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pung the Provider

13»

Comments

• @GetKVM_Ash said: Ah reset every month, im with you.

Previous months' stats are there, I just haven't written the php to access them.... maybe some kind of history/summary page...

• So how does one add a server/IP to be monitored to this list?

• @rds100 said: So how does one add a server/IP to be monitored to this list?

Give me an IP (on your infrastructure) that responds on port 80. The script can monitor any tcp port but for consistency I've been using 80.

And everyone listed has posted an offer here on LET or had one appear on LEB.... :)

Thanked by 1rds100
  • @sleddog Whats happened to the pung page? :(

Thanked by 1Randy
  • Yeah, says "closed". What happened?

Thanked by 1Randy
  • If you've closed it down I'd love the list of IPs/Hosts, we're building uptime benchmarks (by location) into SB.

• @onepound said: @sleddog Whats happened to the pung page? :(

Several of the monitored targets went "down" for extended periods, yet there was no evidence of an outage (here, on twitter, on the hosts' status page, etc.) Some would come back after 8 hours or more, some stayed permanently offline. As the targets are "test IPs" I concluded that the IP had been re-purposed or re-assigned....

I've now dropped all problematic targets and reinstated the page at http://chi.blite.ca/pungcm/

Hosts are welcome to PM me to be added or to have the listed IP changed.

@serverbear said: If you've closed it down I'd love the list of IPs/Hosts, we're building uptime benchmarks (by location) into SB.

They're freely available here and here.

Thanked by 1onepound
  • YA, it's back ;-)

Thanks @sleddog. Was beginning to think you may have ended pung testing.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2012

Prometeus had a node crash last night, I guess test IP is not on that node or would have shown a couple minutes downtime.
    M

• @onepound said: Was beginning to think you may have ended pung testing.

I don't want the testing to reflect negatively on any provider without due cause. Large amount of downtime might mean only that the provider changed things so that the test IP no longer responds on port 80, but some people will see it as "oh, that provider is crappy"....