Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS providers in deadpool before I get to review them...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS providers in deadpool before I get to review them...

96mb96mb Member
edited August 2012 in Providers

Was scanning through the list of review requests that I have and noticed two VPS providers who have asked me for a review before have already been in deadpool before I even get a chance to test their VPS:

1. SturdyVPS: Owner claimed to be "Matthew Houston", emailed me on Feb 15.
  2. StableVDS: Owner claimed to be "Alexander Hughes", emailed me on March 29.

Amazing how fast VPS companies come and go these days...

Comments

• Somehow, someway, still not in the deadpool: IPXcore

• edited August 2012

@Damian said: still not

??? It should be "won't be" :p

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited August 2012

I think the first one may have merged or something. I think I remember talking to Matt on the phone about a few things. Had my reservations about him.

• Well quite a few people thought we'd deadpool (some of them even gave us a month tops)... We're still here and we're better than ever.

• AsadAsad Member
    edited August 2012

Hijacks thread @BlueVM Sent you a message about Quarter Servers, should I email sales instead?

• That's impressive...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@AsadHaider I think I need another neighbor on mine. I'm a good neighbor ;)

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited August 2012

@jarland said: @AsadHaider I think I need another neighbor on mine. I'm a good neighbor ;)

So you're State Farm?

Edit: for those of you who don't know the joke:

• Surely this happens so much that the amount of signups or their ability to get lots of signups quickly is pretty poor? Just look at some of the restrictions on LEB based on WHOIS creation.

Maybe since they can't pump & dump quite as quickly they just end up dying quicker.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@HalfEatenPie Well I am always there

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • @jarland: so if I say "Like a good neighbor Jarland is there with a sandwich" I get a sandwich?

NICE

Thanked by 1jar
  • AsadAsad Member

@HalfEatenPie What the.. I thought it was Weeds :P

• @HC_Ro said: I think the first one may have merged or something. I think I remember talking to Matt on the phone about a few things. Had my reservations about him.

You talked to Constaninos on the phone?

• @JoeMerit said: You talked to Constaninos on the phone?

No I think this one lives up north like near NY

• TazTaz Member

Some one mentioned ny? Where in ny?

• Near*

• i wonder how's iwebhostu holding up.

• AsadAsad Member

@cosmicgate Just went on his website since a while and honest to god my face was like..

I just want to forget..

Thanked by 1cosmicgate
  • HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited August 2012

I Guess its possible to say.

They weren't stable or sturdy.

• 96mb96mb Member

What even amaze more is that those VPS providers are not exactly charging the cheapest LEB price. For example, here are (or were) the package that I was told SturdyVPS has:

Bismuth
    10GB Disk Space
    128MB Dedicated RAM
    256MB Burstable RAM
    100GB Bandwidth
    1 CPU
    Price: $2.95/month

Mercury
    20GB Disk Space
    256MB Dedicated RAM
    384MB Burstable RAM
    200GB Bandwidth
    2 CPU
    Price: $5.95/month

Tellerium
    30GB Disk Space
    384MB Dedicated RAM
    512MB Burstable RAM
    300GB Bandwidth
    3 CPU
    Price: $8.95/month

To me, the price is pretty reasonable and I have no idea why the business is not sustainable unless their whole intent was dump and run.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@96mb: If you charge too little:
    1. The community will pick that up and use it against you (deadpool, etc)
    2. You will make less money.
    It does not make sense from the scamer's point of view.
    However, that is not holding, there are ESTABLISHED hosts that offer STABLE LEBS for half the price, who would sign with those guys unless to test things or because of location ?
    This makes scamming here unworthy and I see LET being used less and less for scams.
    Kudos everyone, we have such low prices that any scammer wont get more than 10 signups.
    M

• @96mb said: Was scanning through the list of review requests that I have and noticed two VPS providers who have asked me for a review before have already been in deadpool before I even get a chance to test their VPS:
    SturdyVPS: Owner claimed to be "Matthew Houston", emailed me on Feb 15.

StableVDS: Owner claimed to be "Alexander Hughes", emailed me on March 29.

Amazing how fast VPS companies come and go these days...

It may be that you're too slow. Feb 15 and Mar 29 request... it's August already man =) just kidding

• @96mb said: To me, the price is pretty reasonable and I have no idea why the business is not sustainable unless their whole intent was dump and run.

Well, I think probably he tried, but after he got catched here again, there wasn't any way to mantain this with that reputation.

• ChromiumHosting still isn't deadpooled. :)

• 96mb96mb Member

@Maounique said: If you charge too little:

1. The community will pick that up and use it against you (deadpool, etc)
    2. You will make less money.

May be we should tell that to the owner of XmXen...who was selling the 5 bucks per year Xen VPS LOL

And his site is still up and running the last time I checked...

• 96mb96mb Member

@jcaleb said: It may be that you're too slow. Feb 15 and Mar 29 request... it's August already man =) just kidding

I actually agree with you on this, I know the reviews are coming slowly, and that is why I am actually happy to see people posting reviews on LET and LEB has recently started getting some VPS reviews as well!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@96mb said: And his site is still up and running the last time I checked...

It isn't now :) His plans I see in cache are not 5$ a year, tho, and it is possible a provider is selling at a loss sometimes to get customers onboard.
    We have quite a few that give away plans, this is why I said it is hard for a scammer to sell anything here, why buy from newcomers when you can get plans under a dollar a month or a bit over from top and tested providers ? BuyVM sells 128 MB for 15 dollars, IPXcore 50 cents 32 MB and in Europe we have Prometeus with 50 cents/50 MB and Edis with 7 eur or so a year 128 MB...
    True, some might not have stock all the time, some might be special offers, but you can find very cheap plans if you want, even 128 KVMs for under an Eur a month...
    Nope, scammers will have a hard time here, prices are rock bottom and there is a lot of choice for everyone, I cant think of a time when prices were so low and quality this high in average.
    M