Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 Hosting Servers, 1 DNS Manager
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2 Hosting Servers, 1 DNS Manager

Sokaris07Sokaris07 Member
edited April 2015 in Help

Hello,
I'm trying to find out if what I want to do is viable, if I should do it and how.

Basically, I have 2 servers, 1 with cPanel and another with CentOS Web Panel and I want to be the cPanel server handling with the DNS of both servers. Both use BIND.

Should this be done? If anyone could give a hint how to automate the import of the DNS zones from CWP I'll appreciate.

Comments

• If sticking to cPanel API's would need to write a script. If doing raw bind edits, use webmin and its RPC API.

• Sokaris07Sokaris07 Member
    edited April 2015

If needed I have a few empty servers that I can use only to manage DNS. The main goal is to keep all DNS together.

• It's really easier if you just use another server, install cPanel DNS Only, and cluster it with your original cPanel server. Add/edit/remove zones from your original cPanel server and it will be synced to DNS Only server automatically.

• @DalComp that I already have, but I want to have another server for hosting personal stuff without using cPanel but keep all the DNS together so I don't have to use different NS's

• Then you can just add zones in cPanel cluster and point the (A or other) records to the other server.

• Trying to make it automatic

• VestaCP also offers DNS clustering IMO, though haven't tried it myself. Its a very easy interface to operate