Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Serverius providers with in-house ddos protection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Serverius providers with in-house ddos protection

Mark_RMark_R Member

Hello,

Recently Serverius DC started offering DDoS protection

http://serverius.com/connectivity/ddos-protection

I like to know which providers are making use of this right now.

I'm developing some applications that require network access towards my servers to keep everything updated but obviously those servers will eventually get attacked. this is why i need the serverius ddos protection to keep my services running properly while haters attack my servers.

Thanks.

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member

X4B NL is based in Serverius.

Thanked by 2KwiceroLTD Mark_R
  • We use Serverius in Amsterdam

• @Ishaq & @dediserve

are you both utilizing their ddos protection services?

• Serverius has a Huawei filter but as to its effectiveness is another thing. My testing of Huawei's DDOS filtering/mitigation didn't leave me impressed.

Its cheap, its Huawei - so don't expect too much from it.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited April 2015

@dediserve said:
    We use Serverius in Amsterdam

Is there a higher price you have to pay for higher pps/gbps limits?

• IshaqIshaq Member

Mark_R said: are you both utilizing their ddos protection services?

Yes, X4B is a DDoS mitigation company.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

abelohost.com check them out! I have few servers with them

• you can buy realtively cheap vps from providers with protection and do gre tunnel to your servers

• @coolice said:
    you can buy realtively cheap vps from providers with protection and do gre tunnel to your servers

I know, but this is specificly targetted at Serverius providers that use their ddos services.

• @tr1cky said:
    Is there a higher price you have to pay for higher pps/gbps limits?

Up to 2.5Gbps is included without any additional cost for all Amsterdam users at the moment.

• @dediserve said:
    Up to 2.5Gbps is included without any additional cost for all Amsterdam users at the moment.

Does this actually filter and send your vps only clean traffic, or is this just maximum bw?

• We use Serverius in Dronten.

• gijsgijs Member

Jonchun said: Does this actually filter and send your vps only clean traffic, or is this just maximum bw?

After setting up the filter by your host, you only get the clean traffic. But if you like your host can also simply set a max amount of Mbps on top of that. :)

• gijsgijs Member

MarkTurner said: Serverius has a Huawei filter but as to its effectiveness is another thing.

Our filter is not only one "magic box" of Huawei. The cleaning street is based on BGP routing techniques + firewalling + ddos scrubbing boxes + wide client configuration by our webinterface. This last thing makes it really powerful because you can configure your own filter sets whats 100% apply to your hosted ip application. This makes the difference with other filter, because we put our technical users in control.

So yes, the Huawei box is a part of it, but not the only thing the total filter is offering. :)