Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM issues - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM issues

2»

Comments

• I had to join irc for my server to be restarted. Support tickets have never been answered.

• Checked again, it seems the site BlueVM.com is back online, now will just have to wait for my ticket to be answered.

• Now Feathur seems to be offline, I hope because they are fixing it.

• They're not worth the hassle, I wouldn't recommend them. Plenty yearly offers in the $10-25 range that are exponentially more stable.

• HankHank Member

I have two VPSs (a KVM and an OpenVZ in two different datacenters) that have been down over a week. I put in tickets last week and days went by with no answer. I put in two more tickets on Sunday and one was replied to, saying in effect that my VPS would be up soon. Then all my tickets were closed. I don't know what their definition of soon is but it's Wednesday and not only are my VPSs still down so is their feathur site. As several of you have noted, it's not looking too good at this point.

• I guess, but my VPS does not expire until Nov, 2015, so hoping I can still use it. I do however, switched to my other VPS under Ramnode, which has been stable since I got it 2 or 3 years ago.

• Just checked, Feathur is back online and still not responsive and useless. At least, I'm back to square one ... Feathur useless, VPS useless but BlueVM back up.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

@fhm0514 said:
    Just checked, Feathur is back online and still not responsive and useless. At least, I'm back to square one ... Feathur useless, VPS useless but BlueVM back up.

Same, BlueVM shows up as online for me.

Time to check all the tickets they got...

• FritzFritz Veteran

@fhm0514 said:
    Just checked, Feathur is back online and still not responsive and useless. At least, I'm back to square one ... Feathur useless, VPS useless but BlueVM back up.

Forget it and move on buds.
    They are not worth for our time.

I've made my choice to other provider.

• Just had to leave a comment on how support should be handled. I switched to my Ramnode servers and put in a ticket requesting a move to a different location. And as usual Ramnode support was quick to respond, they responded within 2 hours of the ticket and accommodated my request, over and done with.

Now that is what i call support, you hear that BlueVM ... oh, you can't because your not listening.

Kudos RamNode.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited April 2015

Hmm interesting, new owner!?

• emgemg Veteran

The bluevm.com website was down last week. Now it is up again.

The BlueVM website still claims "99% Uptime". What a joke. The BlueVM website itself does not have a 99% uptime, let alone their VPSs, whose owners report weeks and weeks of downtime.

Stay away from BlueVM. If you sign up for BlueVM, consider your money a donation, not a payment.

• @linuxthefish said:

Company information is yet to change if there is a new owner, may take a while though as new information likely has to be submitted for review before Colorado State changes the info.

https://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/BusinessEntityDetail.do?quitButtonDestination=BusinessEntityResults&nameTyp=ENT&entityId2=20121292591&srchTyp=ENTITY&fileId=20121292591&masterFileId=20121292591

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

fhm0514 said: Kudos RamNode.

You're welcome!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@linuxthefish said:

Surely got to be CC or CVPS.

• Looking at signatures of their ticket reply, it is same person, acting differently.

• @linuxthefish said:

Got the same email. They are sending it to all tickets and closing the tickets. Didn't see it until I opened my email.

• There is NO new administration, flat lies!

Ticket signature says (same as before);

Justin Johnston

Email: [email protected]

Owner / Senior Administrator

• It's a one man army.

• earlearl Member

Just cancelled my last vps with bluevm.. shame, since it worked really well.. but not willing to risk another year the way things been going.

• noisycatcatnoisycatcat Member
    edited April 2015

Seems like BlueVM had been sold..

In the IRC chat, the following message is being displayed:

My journey with them for the past 10 months had been a positive one, except for some slight issues here and there, but they had all been resolved promptly. However, 5 out of 7 of my servers are offline while we speak.. 2 being on the same node that's offline, and remaining servers on 3 different nodes that are online, but i'm unable to boot up my VPS for some reason. Support has been contacted, waiting for their response.

Hoping that the new management would be able to resolve everything so I can decide whether to renew my 7 servers that will be due in June, or not.

• They are also dropping Feathur.

• HankHank Member

One of my VPSs came back online. I'm pleasantly surprised at this point. Apparently someone's still trying to keep the ship afloat.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

fhm0514 said: They are also dropping Feathur.

That's strange. According to Google...

... but the actual Twitter bio is now...

• I wonder if this is the end to the feather project?