Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My impressions on hubiC - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My impressions on hubiC

2»

Comments

• This is from OVH (Canada) to Yomura using S3fs (note the way round)

dd bs=1M count=1024 if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/test

1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 31.1327 s, 34.5 MB/s
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@marrco @MarkTurner what happened to the good old conv=fdatasync?

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • Heya all, did you mean use hubic as drive without problems, i wrote an article. I think i have manage to overcome all problems.. It took time over 2 weeks learning setuping/tuning/fixing etc...
    http://riku.titanix.net/?p=629
    I can upload, download/stream Full-HD(without downloading whole file) etc. in fullspeed of my internet 100/50M im about to use it on my media-pc as storage as well backuping etc.. :)

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2015

@riku said:
    Heya all, did you mean use hubic as drive without problems, i wrote an article. I think i have manage to overcome all problems.. It took time over 2 weeks learning setuping/tuning/fixing etc...
    http://riku.titanix.net/?p=629
    I can upload, download/stream Full-HD(without downloading whole file) etc. in fullspeed of my internet 100/50M im about to use it on my media-pc as storage as well backuping etc.. :)

Do you actually plan on putting any instructions on that page (like maybe how you overcame "all problems") or are you spamming your blog link in hopes that someone will click the affiliate link inside?

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • no need click on link, i have it full already, i cannot get more space by clicking the link maxium is 5 users... i posted link cause its complicated and i explained there. to avoid put big post here. and yes i will explain when i have this more tested, but for now it seems to work already alot better than most of users here

• You're quiet the writer, amigo.

J.K. Rowling should retire tomorrow.

riku said: no need click on link, i have it full already, i cannot get more space by clicking the link maxium is 5 users... i posted link cause its complicated and i explained there. to avoid put big post here. and yes i will explain when i have this more tested, but for now it seems to work already alot better than most of users here

• I'm trying out S3QL with Hubic (and the PHP swift gateway to make login work). Upload, all the way from NZ, is absolutely fine - can do about 37MBit/s. Download, on the other hand, is abysmally slow. I've tried mounting my s3ql from a scaleway arm server and even there, I'm only downloading at 3 or 4Mbit/s. Does this match with others' experiences?

• @deadlyllama said:
    I'm trying out S3QL with Hubic (and the PHP swift gateway to make login work). Upload, all the way from NZ, is absolutely fine - can do about 37MBit/s. Download, on the other hand, is abysmally slow. I've tried mounting my s3ql from a scaleway arm server and even there, I'm only downloading at 3 or 4Mbit/s. Does this match with others' experiences?

maybe it is scaleway. was slow for me too.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

I was not able to setup hubic as a mounted drive, using amazon cloud now with acd_cli + encfs for encryption, works great. 200-900mbit upload/download. Works great with plex :)

• bumping

anyone knows how to make it so the mounted hubic dir is owned by non root?

adding chown_enable=true on the config doesn't seem to help.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited February 2016

I've had too many issues with hubicfuse
    on ubuntu last year.

Files were not normally uploaded, corrupted and so on.

I only use the free plan, so I've just dumped some encrypted isos there and leave it as is.

Also, thanks to @domainbop look at this:

https://forum.ovh.com/showthread.php/108343-hubiC-PCS-et-PCA

https://vpsboard.com/topic/2423-hubic-by-ovh-25-gb-of-free-storage-in-the-cloud33/#comment-104732

Nihim said: bumping

anyone knows how to make it so the mounted hubic dir is owned by non root?

adding chown_enable=true on the config doesn't seem to help.

Thanked by 1lbft
  • Nihim said: anyone knows how to make it so the mounted hubic dir is owned by non root?

I've always created a dedicated user to mount the hubic mount point, added that user as a member of the fuse group, and mounted using the allow_other option. The hubic dir ends up being owned by that user, not root, and all users can write to the hubic store. I create a dedicated user to make it trivial to traffic shape the upload.

GM2015 said: Files were not normally uploaded, corrupted and so on.

I've only ever experienced problems when there was a lot of concurrent activity, and that was usually the mount point disappearing or hanging, not file corruption. Recently I've always used rsync to transfer files from a buffer area on a local server so the transfer is sequential. I also absolutely avoid large files (> 4GB) and the segmentation that occurs, and have never experienced file corruption from a CentOS 6 system.