Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Evorack will become Rackulous
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Evorack will become Rackulous

Hey Everyone,

We have some exciting news that we would like to share with you. From Sunday 11th January 2015, we will be relaunching our Evorack brand as “Rackulous”.

This relaunch is part of our company’s new marketing strategy going forward for 2015. We feel that this new brand represents the strength and reliability that our services provide. Additionally, we will be investing more than ever before in Rackulous, starting immediately with the hiring of additional staff and the purchase of new infrastructure.

Apart from this new relaunch, there will be no additional changes, so current customers have nothing to worry about.

Cheers,

Jonny T

Thanked by 1Asim

Comments

• Rackulous sounds fabulous, I hope you can provide Softaculous.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited January 2015

@Jonny_Evorack, instead of continuing to change the name of your company to make it more marketable, why don't you spend some time on improving your ticket response times and other things which are more important to the user experience. It is ridiculous that a billing ticket takes more than 24 hours for you guys to respond to. I requested my billing be changed to quarterly about a week before my invoice was to be generated and it took you guys until after the invoice was generated to even get back to me about it. Then you made me pay the outstanding invoice before you would make the billing change. It seems to fail to occur to you that people usually change to quarterly billing for a reason, like so they don't have to worry about payments for the next two months. (who would have thought, right?).

I am all for you guys promoting your company and such, but you really need to work on fixing your services before you start changing your name and all this goofy stuff. In fact, its almost as if you are trying to run away from your reputation by changing names.

I really like your products, I just wish you guys would get your priorities straight over there and take a little bit better care of your customers. If you did, then you probably wouldn't have to worry about changing your company name to trick new customers into ordering from you. The quality of the products should be enough to draw in new customers.

If you would address these issues with your support I think you would find that people like me who have been customers of yours for now 4-5 years would be happier to spread the good word about your products. As it stands currently, I have a hard time recommending you guys anymore.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1Asim
  • @Jonny_Evorack said:
    We feel that this new brand represents the strength and reliability that our services provide.

I'm more than a little curious how a couple of letters make you suddenly more strong and reliable ;)

• @TheLinuxBug - We are not trying to trick customers, and have no problem with customers knowing that our service used to be called Evorack.

We are sorry that you had a bad experience, however we have already discussed this with you at length quite some time ago.

Cheers

Jonny T

• @amarc - Current customers have nothing to worry about regarding pricing or their services.

• @amarc - We have many offers available that bring our pricing in line with LEB pricing. Have a look at our past offer on LEB, many of them still work.

For example, this gives you 60% off our UK Xen (non-SSD) Plans:

LEB60OFFNEWNOC

Cheers

Jonny

edited January 2015

@Jonny_Evorack What we have 'discussed' in the past has nothing to do with the fact that you can't respond to my billing ticket. In fact, it is still awaiting a reply to this very moment (Ticket# 147751). The ticket has been open since Jan. 2, 2015 and still has not been resolved. This is the type of stuff I am talking about.

Why would you expect me to praise or recommend your company to others when you can't even handle a simple billing ticket within a weeks time? These are the things that cost you customers, not your company name. I wish you would come to understand this instead of treating me like you enemy. In fact, I am probably one of your longest standing customers from this forum, and if you do your research I have said many good things in the past about your services and voted for you guys in several polls. However, in the recent past, with the way things have been going I have had to stop recommending you guys because I just don't feel confident sending people to you anymore. I would hate to recommend your services to someone and have it take you a week to get back to them in a sales ticket. Once again, these are the issues you need to look into fixing before you go changing your company name.

Anyways, good luck with the new name, hopefully you can learn from your past mistakes and improve. I got my fingers crossed.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @TheLinuxBug who replied to your ticket ? Probably @Jonny_Evorack because he is the only one behind evorack and rackburst.

edited January 2015

@alexvolk I am fairly certain you are right about that. I was trying to be nice and not call him out on that though. Was trying to hint that maybe instead of spending money on a new website and company name they should spend money to hire support staff to improve the response times and service. However, every time I have tried to be constructive with him in the past he seems to just ignore me, so I was hoping a polite post here might make him think again about how he is handling things.

I really like the services they provide, for the most part they have been one of the most stable providers I have used over the years, which is why I am still with them to this day. However, when there are problems it always takes way too much time to get any type of response from their support desk. The last issue we had was regarding connectivity problems and he told me each time to ticket him and let him know. I would do this, but it would take them 24+ hours to respond and by then, of course there was no more problem so he would just try to blame the issue on me and say I caused it instead of taking the request seriously and investigating it. I opened one of my few discussions here on LET about this some months back.

Since then, I will say that the connectivity issues have lessened, so that has been an improvement. Though their support desk response times, even for billing issues, still leaves a lot to be desired.

Cheers!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2015

To be entirely honest the new name sounds much worse than Evorack (which is/was great, short, snappy, unique, also already known and remembered).

Not sure how do you pronounce "Rackulous", but I think it will sound a lot like "reckless".
    Somewhat racku-lousy name all things considered, and such a change is sure to bring a lot of ruckus!

• I like evorack more. Can I have that name? ;-)

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @Thelinuxbug After reading from your expierence I wouldnt even consider using their services. Really seems like old Jonny needs to address the issues at hand. Maybe instead of Rackulous change the name to IREFUSETOIMPROVEULOUS.

• MitchellMitchell Member
    edited January 2015

said: starting immediately with the hiring of additional staff

TheLinuxBug said: instead of continuing to change the name of your company to make it more marketable, why don't you spend some time on improving your ticket response times and other things which are more important to the user experience.

I feel like I'm missing context or something

But I can see why someone would change their brand name when doing a major overhaul: so it's clear what was under the old setup and what under the new approach.

• @alexvolk I am not the only one behind Evorack. There is a team of us here.

@rm_ Sorry you don't like the name. We're certainly not reckless though!

• @Mitchell They already have a second brand that they started when they entered into the OpenVZ arena in Germany called Rackburst ( http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/31065/germany-world-cup-win-ssd-vps-offer ). So this would now be the second change (or addition if you like) to names associated with Evorack.

• TheLinuxBug said: I really like the services they provide, for the most part they have been one of the most stable providers I have used over the years, which is why I am still with them to this day.

I'm glad you're still happy enough with us to stay :) We do always monitor our network to ensure that everything is working smoothly. Billing requests are given a lower priority though depending on the circumstance, as they generally do not affect your service. We do get round to them as quickly as we can, however technical issues do come first.

• TheLinuxBug said: They already have a second brand that they started when they entered into the OpenVZ arena in Germany called Rackburst

UK and Germany :)

That was a new brand we launched for OpenVz, which is a very different product to our premium Xen and KVM offerings.

• @Jonny_Evorack is the new name a D.B.A. or are you completely re-incorporating the company with the new name?

Cheers!

• We are not re-incorporating the company. The company that owned Evorack, and that will continue to own Rackulous will remain the same. The company is very healthy and as mentioned in the post, this is a brand overhaul.

So both Evorack and Rackulous are "D.B.A" (American term), or "trading as" (UK term) names.

Thanks

Jonny

• bettylulubettylulu Member
    edited April 2015

@Jonny_Rackulous PLEASE PLEASE can you respond to our dilemma - our site hosted by Rackulous has been down for two days with no response from them. I am going out of my tiny mind..does anyone know how to get to Jonny?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

"Rackulous"?

Thanked by 1louis_lau
  • edited April 2016

Hey bettylulu,
    Same here. Some hours offline and from what I read in other forums no use to open a ticket as no one gets responses. Really hope Jonny gets things running as I've been with them since they were Evorack and really like their service apart from the once a year dropouts like this one. Let's hope it's only about a power outage again :)

• rm_ said: Not sure how do you pronounce "Rackulous", but I think it will sound a lot like "reckless".

Next change to Mirakulous!

(with the ! like Yahoo!)

No?

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@Ole_Juul said:
    Next change to Mirakulous!

(with the ! like Yahoo!)

No?

Well, that'd be..

Thanked by 1netomx
  • IshaqIshaq Member

Rackulous will become deadpooled?

• @Ishaq said:
    Rackulous will become desdpooled?

that was fast :P

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Ishaq said: Rackulous will become deadpooled?

Looking at their company reports they had a major cash injection last year. No idea if it's from profits or a director propping up the company.

• Well, of course with no ticket response or explanation, things are now back online for now... I think its time to do an extra back-up and find a new home though.. pretty poor handling of such an issue, not even communication with their customers for more than 48 hours.

@Jonny_Rackulous I didn't think things could get worse, but this is a new all time low for you. Honestly, you should be ashamed of how you handle you business.

Cheers!