Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Control VPS from command line from N900 or any other linux device
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Control VPS from command line from N900 or any other linux device

fresher_06fresher_06 Member
edited August 2012 in Tutorials

Hi All,

I have written a small shell script to Reboot/Shutdown/Boot the VPS from the command line.
No need to login in your SolusVM Admin page from web.I hope it might be useful for somebody.

Here is the link -- http://go.nerd.at/

Thanked by 1Indic

Comments

• wouldn't it be easier to just run 'reboot' or 'poweroff' as root within the VPS?

• TazTaz Member

Why would some one need a script to shutdown their own vps from command line or a host to shut down one of those vps/container from command line? It is only a single command. Such as "reboot" or (for ovz) vzctl stop Cid.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited August 2012

@NinjaHawk said: Why would some one need a script to shutdown their own vps from command line or a host to shut down one of those vps/container from command line? It is only a single command. Such as "reboot" or (for ovz) vzctl stop Cid.

This script isn't for running on the VPS you're trying to shutdown/monitor. It allows you to shutdown/reboot/check the status of a VPS without having to ssh into it as it interacts with solusvm instead.

So if you're using a command line capable device (mobile phone) you can use one command/tool to do all of these things without having to ssh.

• @ninjaHawk .. yes 'reboot' or 'poweroff' as root within the VPS will only work if your VPS is up and you are able to ssh into it,but what if the VPS is already down and you cant ssh into it .. then this script might be useful

• If its an android or an iOS phone, you can just use Solus app.

For all the other phones though, yeah :P this would be helpful. f

• TazTaz Member

API access? If this is what you meant. Which means you can reboot from a remote location. If that is the case, then why not loginto solus?

• @NinjaHawk said: If that is the case, then why not loginto solus?

He means when you have slow network (and Solus makes you download all the image files and html files). By using the API only the information is sent (Reducing the amount of bandwidth consumption) therefore with a crappier connection you can do more without being bogged down by having to download the images and other files.

• TazTaz Member

Ahha I see. Now it makes sense.

• Its great if you don't have an android or iOS phone (because then there's already the Solus app) and need to get into your server for a quick reboot/boot/shutdown.

I just wish the Solus app would have Ram usage and all that information.