Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Minecraft Hosting Price Per Slot
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Minecraft Hosting Price Per Slot

vmstormvpsvmstormvps Member
edited November 2011 in General

Hi All,

I'm interested in getting a general consensus here -- what do you think is a good price per slot for MC hosting?

Thanks for the input!

Dave

Comments

• maxexcloomaxexcloo Member
    edited November 2011

I would say $1.50 - that's $15 for 10 users (10 users require about 1 GB RAM + allowing for good specifications).

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Sorry for going offtopic, but just wanted to know how long one of these slots last for ? a month or 1 disconnect from the server.

• Usually 1 slot allows 1 player to be connected at the same time.

On a 8 slot server, you can have 8 players online. You can have 50 players, but as long as only 8 try to play at the same time, you won't go over your limit.

• ok @maxexcloo -- so you think it's more like 100MB per user -- I've seen 50MB per user.

• It depends. If every player is in a small area it can be 50 MB but if you want 10 players to be able to do what they want with no lag 100 MB is a better estimate (I've run 15 players in a 1 GB Hostigation KVM before but at that point it starts to lag, especially with Bukkit plugins).

• interesting stuff. well i never really played minecraft but from time to time i do see the demands here and there for MC slots.

How long does that 1 slot you buy last ?

• @SpeedBus -- normally it's per slot per month I think....

• 10 Users requires like 10MB of RAM- Mineserver :P

I'd say 512MB = 10. Minecraft is Java is really really dirty coded, sometimes it will use 150mb of RAM with one person, then another person will join and it will use 4GB

• The RAM usage of minecraft really depends on how people are moving.
    The server always has to keep a round area with a diameter of 16 chunks (or so) around every player in RAM.
    When all the players are near each other this area overlaps ofc and the server doesn't need so much RAM. But when everyone is far away from the others it can get problematic.
    I have run a Bukkit server mit 15 plugins and 20 people online at the same time on a 2gb server.

@vmstormvps : Thanks for the info !!

• "Here at Multiplay we have done extensive testing with our customers and have determined larger servers need more memory to ensure good performance. Because of this our 18-35 player servers require at least 1GB of Memory, 36-53 player servers require 2GB etc" - Quoted from http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/game-servers/mc-minecraft/