Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ikoula : cloud vm - from 5.70$/mo - France,Miami,Singapore - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ikoula : cloud vm - from 5.70$/mo - France,Miami,Singapore

2»

Comments

• @Ikoula said:
    you can't, it is deduced at the end of the month.

Is this a restriction of operating with credit? Once the credit expires and we move to paying real money, do you then get to see the rolling cost during the month, otherwise it's a bit like getting into a taxi were you might have an idea of the rates but they won't let you watch the meter.

Some vm had an issue with open ports by default

Does this new restriction include ICMP(Ping) and SSH, I still cannot ping or connect to my VM when I could before, but can ping out by connecting to the console.

and you have to open the ports you wish to use.

I only have a 'Default Security Group' assigned to the VM but no buttons to add or change this, so it's not clear how I can open port access.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@cochon once credit is eaten prices from the page https://express.ikoula.com/en/public-cloud are applied. At the end of the month the system checks whitch plan ahs been used and how many hours then it apply the prices on the bill.

That s not a new restriction i was trying to explain that is normal behavior all ports are closed.

You found it, it is in default security group clic on it you'll see tabs for inbound and outbound rules.

Laave a comment, pm me or contact support team if you have anymore questions.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2015

@Ikoula I've now received an invoice, I thought the bandwidth is unmetered?

• smile93smile93 Member
    edited April 2015

I think only 10Mb/s is free. Lucky you did not put 1Gb/s during the order.

@smile93 yep you're right.

@rm_ it is not the trafic but the speed which is charged, it is mentionned on https://express.ikoula.com/en/public-cloud.

Sorry if it was not clear, you can switch to 10mb/s when you want.

As you ordered with the coupon code the bill will be paid by the credit.

edited April 2015

smile93 said: Lucky you did not put 1Gb/s during the order.

Ikoula said: it is not the trafic but the speed which is charged

During creation of an instance in Zone 3 there was no option to select the network speed. So the traffic is unmetered, but only if the user manually limits their usage to below 10 Mbit/sec? This isn't mentioned anywhere.

Ikoula said: Sorry if it was not clear, you can switch to 10mb/s when you want.

How can we do that?

Ikoula said: As you ordered with the coupon code the bill will be paid by the credit.

Is there a way to limit the possible charges, since there's no way to view the remaining credit, and the system just starts to charge for "unmetered" bandwidth without any confirmation, and as much as 40 EUR in 10 days?

@rm_ i have news for you but i must get confirmations before tell you more.
    I get back to you as soon as possible.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

Account balance shows here..
    __

edited April 2015

FrankZ said: Account balance shows here..

From the screenshot you seem to have two dedis with them and perhaps added balance with Paypal or CC, but those who first signed up just with this offer and used the coupon, have 0 EUR in the field that you marked.

The cloud public bills are set at the end of the month never in advance.
    @ rm_ i did not forget I am still waiting for confirmation, could you tell me if you tried to create a network in singapore zone ? that might explain why you had a 100mb/s network.

Ikoula said: could you tell me if you tried to create a network in singapore zone ? that might explain why you had a 100mb/s network.

Yes I did. Also I couldn't delete it for some time after creating (even if it wasn't attached to any VM), only after some days I got it deleted.

@rm_ ok

It is normal behavior.

Concerning the bill it is still under investigations i'll get back to you as soon as possible.

@rm_ When you created the network in singapore zone you chose a 100 mb/s this item has been billed.

I am going to see what i can do.

Singapore zone wil be reopen soon, i'll get back to you when i have more info.

edited April 2015

@Ikoula today I got:

Subject: Your CloudPublic susbcription - Impending suspension

You currently have a public cloud service #84649 ****, however your #73882 Mr. *** customer account does not have a valid means of payment. In order that the advantages related to your service provision are not suddenly suspended, we recommend you to fill in a valid means of payment within your customer account.

@rm_ Don't worry it is an automated message your account is still enabled.

Sales confirmed me the credit spent du to the 100 mb/s network deployed in SG zone will not be deduced from coupon code credit. I left a comment in your customer account explaining that if there is any issue contact me.

Concerning the possibility to deploy in SG zone they are still working on it.