Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PHP IIS 64bit Win R2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PHP IIS 64bit Win R2

DanielMDanielM Member
edited November 2011 in General

Anyone have any idea how to actually install php without installing plesk etc. I have tried several online manuals however i keep on getting 500 errors.

Comments

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2011

Did you try restarting IIS ? It should work after restarting IIS.

Also, why not install Apache or WAMP instead of IIS ?

• yeh tried rebooting the actual machine too. and because with IIS there is no messing about when adding domains and it has alot more features such as bandwidth limiting.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

@DanielM : You could limit the bandwidth in Apache,
    http://www.whoopis.com/howtos/web-bandwidth-limit.html

But adding domains would need editing config's :P

• Its as easy as 2 clicks with IIS :P

• PHP will never be as good on Windows as it is on UNIX-like Systems.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @Daniel

PHP will never be good

fixed for great justice

• @breton said: fixed for great justice

You saying Microsofts shitty ASPX propertiery thing is even better?

Microsoft don't believe in an open web, they only believe in having wide-open security flaws.

• Says the one who uses a mac. Which are overpriced junk. back on topic anyone know how to get php fully working?

• @Daniel said:

You saying Microsofts shitty ASPX propertiery thing is even better?

I am saying that python, ruby and erlang rock.

//never touched that proprietary .net and aspx

• XeoncrossXeoncross Member
    edited November 2011

@breton said: I am saying that python, ruby and erlang rock.

Well, I'm with you for two out of three there, but Ruby is as slow as Christmas when people start using frameworks like rails (which is most projects). It's as bad as CakePHP. Erlang FTW.

I had a friend that started out in PHP - but moved to .NET because that is what the schools taught. Seems to have served him well enough.

Still, I'm waiting to see the day JavaScript takes over the world when they get those new protype compilers (like DASH). It's a beautiful, non-blocking language that is a lot faster than Ruby or PHP. Yet it's also widely known and will insure everyone eventually drops the failure that is XML for BSON and JSON.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2011

@DanielM said: Says the one who uses a mac. Which are overpriced junk. back on topic anyone know how to get php fully working?

Isn't there that Web Installer thingey. I just did it a few days ago infact on IIS6, you can also use http://www.iisadmin.co.uk/?p=4. All I did was a search from the server and Microsoft takes you to the IIS6 version.

BTW. I hate Winblows servers, not just that I hate Winblows in General :P

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited November 2011

@DanielM said: Says the one who uses a mac. Which are overpriced junk. back on topic anyone know how to get php fully working?

At least it fully supports PHP, and I don't have to buy an anti-virus or spend £200 to upgrade the OS next year.

PHP will never be fully implemented on Windows, its impossible :P

• There is a web installer but that dont have php as an option with R2.

@DanielM said: There is a web installer but that dont have php as an option with R2.

You sure? I did it a few days ago.

• yep. There is on the 2008 Version tho, But not 2008 R2

• 2008 R2 is basically windows 7 and 2008 is vista

Why Winblows tho?