Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com? - Page 24
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com?

Comments

• @shyamalapati said:
    Looks like they are advertising again on WHT forums
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1471118

lol now are coming the Softlayer servers for $50/year or $100 lifetime :)))

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Since uniwebhosting switched to Western Union and did not try to rectify the situation to get 2checkout back they do not seem to intend to ever get the Hetzner servers back online.

Bank transfer still works,too:
    Recipient: Uni Web Hosting Account number: 160-5100100767409-09 (Banka Intesa A.D. Beograd)

http://www.bancaintesa.rs/code/navigate.aspx?Id=376
    I am sure they would love to hear from everyone who did not get their money back.

• I will copy here what i posted on WHT:
    Uni Web Hosting doesnt exist as company in Serbia (or at least not with this name), plus you cant get PayPal if you are from this country, phone number is mobile phone and if you check the address on GoogleMaps makes everything even "fishier".
    Anyway if someone want to report them (him?) to the police for fraud you can do at this email: supbgd[at]mup.gov.rs.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • LeeLee Veteran

Sometimes WHT need to take a view on their rules, splitting out comments from advertising threads in a case like this is just wrong.

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited April 2015

@Lee said:
    Sometimes WHT need to take a view on their rules, splitting out comments from advertising threads in a case like this is just wrong.

It's why I prefer LowEndTalk to WHT in all honesty. The moderators here will not try to cover up a scamming companies tracks.

I'm shocked by WHT's actions to be honest and perhaps it's because they were a corporate member?

• AmitzAmitz Member

WHT never gave a shit about scammers. They simply do not care.

Thanked by 1earl
  • LeeLee Veteran

IThinkUFailed said: perhaps it's because they were a corporate member?

No, its always been that way, they simply do not allow negative commentary in advertising threads. Of course if you said "Wow, Uniwebhosting is amazing" that would of course be fine to stay.

WHT will go to shit in the next year, the price paid for it means it's going to get overshadowed by the need to recover that cost.

Thanked by 1earl
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

IThinkUFailed said: The moderators here will not try to cover up a scamming companies tracks.

Unless that company is ColoCrossing.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

joepie91 said: Unless that company is ColoCrossing.

You shouldn't group us all together like that and throw accusations around like that.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Did anyone complain to their bank? Now their FB page reads something along the lines of "new owner, new bank account". They also removed the link to the English language version on their website, as well as payment via Western Union.

Recipient: Svetlana Micic
    Account Number: 165000700465331320
    Purpose Payments: the name of your domain
    (Hypo Alpe Adria Bank AD Beograd)
    payment is made in dinars at the middle exchange rate on the day of payment.

For the territory of BiH:

Charge Account: 5520471564385436
    Hypo-Alpe-Adria a.d. Banja Luka
    payments are made in KM.
    Reference number: xxxxx

Uni Web Hosting Inc.
    Zmaja od Bosne br. 50a/b , 71000 Sarajevo (Europe)

• sepeisepei Member

@4n0nx you got your money back?

• FalzoFalzo Member

after all, my server now shows a cancellation date of 20/04/15 within hetzner robot... I haven't heard anything from UWH yet.

interesting that one can still order those hetzner servers on their page and should pay by bank transfer... at least this will escalate quickly by their local laws, if they are not able to deliver, so doesn't really make sense to me.

to scam people from other countries via payment gateways that won't care much is one thing - but to do so probably within your own country by using your normal bank account seems... just jerky.

hopefully that way they further dig their own hole to land in :/

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

sepei said: you got your money back?

Yes, a "preliminary" refund (by VISA) after my VISA dispute. The company that's supposed to investigate the case does not pick up the phone so I am guessing I'll get to keep the money.

Looks to me like Teo Jovanovic is trying to save his neck by claiming he is no longer affiliated with the company.

• sumosumo Member

@4n0nx said:
    Did anyone complain to their bank? Now their FB page reads something along the lines of "new owner, new bank account". They also removed the link to the English language version on their website, as well as payment via Western Union.

Recipient: Svetlana Micic
    Account Number: 165000700465331320
    (Hypo Alpe Adria Bank AD Beograd)
    payment is made in dinars at the middle exchange rate on the day of payment.

For the territory of BiH:

Charge Account: 5520471564385436
    Hypo-Alpe-Adria a.d. Banja Luka
    payments are made in KM.
    Reference number: xxxxx

Uni Web Hosting Inc.
    Zmaja od Bosne br. 50a/b , 71000 Sarajevo (Europe)

New bank account, new money recipient ... reminds me of IXo Networks

• LeeLee Veteran

sumo said: Svetlana Micic

That is his girlfriend.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

mikho said: You shouldn't group us all together like that and throw accusations around like that.

Trust is easy to lose, and hard to earn. There has been plenty of dodgy business in the past with ColoCrossing and LowEndTalk.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • There is a new website and fb page on uniwebhosting fraud:
    http://www.uniwebhosting.tk
    https://www.facebook.com/uniwebhostingprevaranti

Both are in Serbian and English language.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Jao Milane :) bas je dobro

• @MilanSRB said:
    There is a new website and fb page on uniwebhosting fraud:

a urgent waring page for all new (non) customer!

• sumosumo Member

@Lee said:
    That is his girlfriend.

I meant in terms of switching the bank account name to someone else to get around financial account lockouts. The person/people behind IXo Networks did the same thing

• @MilanSRB said:
    There is a new website and fb page on uniwebhosting fraud:

Nice job mate! Now let's try and rank this on the first position on google for the term: uniwebhosting shall we? :)

• NomadNomad Member

I don't think that'll do any good.
    He didn't even sweat when he was conning you guys.
    He'll find another way. Maybe he'll even say:

Yes that teo guy, he was such a bas..rd. He took the money and ran away. We don't have any relationship with him. Sorry for your loss. So, Let's give you another promo for half the FDC/SoftLayer/WHTever prices, only if you pay yearly.

And get more...
    After all, when people think something is cheaper and better for them, they tend to not listen advices. (Check this very topic, start reading from page 1.)

• AshAsh Member

@Amitz said:
    WHT never gave a shit about scammers. They simply do not care.

Based on? ..

• AmitzAmitz Member

@Ash said:
    Based on? ..

Many, many years of WHT membership.

Thanked by 1earl
  • I got banned today on WHT for attaching my helpdesk ticket (Jan. 2015) in a relevant thread about uniweb scammers. Moderators refused to remove their ads even though they knew contact info Uni provided was fake.

Start reading from the bottom.
    http://i.imgur.com/kiREdAw.png

Thanked by 1earl
  • Ah are they moderators? They are freaks that have zero knownladge from life. Am sure they are fat and stinky guys.

Thanked by 1MSPNick
  • DundoMarojeDundoMaroje Member
    edited July 2015

i made a dispute within PayPal, but whole case was decided in favor of fraudulent seller uniwebhosting. PayPal really doesn't give a fck about this......so after this i went to my bank, straight into main HQ in my city, and filed for a chargeback.....few days ago i got my money back......uniwebhosting was charged 25.00$ fee by 2CO, because my bank made chargeback.

And guess what, today uniwebhosting contacted me with some new scamming story......anyhow to make this short.....don't try to get your money back using online services like Paypal and 2co, because i have tried both and failed......do it through your bank, file for chargeback, print all evidence(invoice, Paypal, transaction logs......) and be patient month or two.

Later uniwebhosting will contact you when they receive chargeback, but my advice is to ignore them and their new scamming story.

Good luck.

• LeeLee Veteran

Amazed this is still going on. Always best to follow the right process though, if you paid by Paypal and the dispute fails then go to your card provider.

• rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Host Rep

Got my $200 back via chargeback today.

• Beware, beware. Be seriously aware. I signed up for their "dedicated" server which is reselling Hetzner servers - this is fine. However, I was given a runaround and constant delays as they "were installing the system" (which takes 20 minutes, I've been a direct Hetzner customer before - but was unaware he was reselling in the first place, but didn't mind this aspect in general) and then when he said the login criteria would be sent to me, it was never. I asked to cancel, he sent a screen shot of invalid login information. After it didn't work, I said so - and he said wait while he checks the criteria.
    I felt uneasy about my order since the beginning and asked to cancel again - he ignored me, and has not written back in over a week.
    I've filed a PayPal dispute for a refund from PayPal.
    It looks like a nice website and he was REALLY nice to chat with at the beginning but then went wonky. ((Beware, product was never delivered. --- it has now been delivered with a long delay, and only after I wrote this review, with them asking me to now delete my review)))

** Edit, ironically after I write this review the product is delivered along with emails asking me to delete my review now. I told them I've asked for the refund long ago, and now they say they'll give me a refund if I delete my review.

Catch 22. My review will be updated as to show product received, but only after I had to post a nasty review first to receive it.

** Final edit: PayPal dispute services refunded my 59 euros. Good riddance. I'm keeping far from this place.

Thanked by 1Alexqt