Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So...I need some help - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So...I need some help

Comments

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited August 2012

@lele0108 said: Fine >.<. I'll compare it to pie since everybody on LET likes pie. Just substitute the words real fruit and artificial flavoring.

Do not insult the pie.

@mindfreak said: and also you still have avoided my two questions. Why do you break the MCF rules posting on an alt nor have the balls to post about other hosts on your main account there and why do you run two companies offering the same service, like I said.. Very shady business practice imo.

You joined less then a day ago and seem to be the only one arguing.

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@MrLawoodle
    It's nice to see that someone is meeting the OP with questions. Could it be that the OP's post were removed, not because it was bad but since they were posted from a second account? Which was explained, against the rules of that forum?

Or do we have the same issue as we have has here were some providers were accused of having negative comments about them removed?

• @MikHo said: Or do we have the same issue as we have has here were some providers were accused of having negative comments about them removed?

I guess we may never know.

• @MrLawoodle said: I guess we may never know.

The Suspense!

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited August 2012

Bump.......keep going..

This is getting good!

Thanked by 2MrAndroid ihatetonyy
  • lele0108lele0108 Member
    edited August 2012

What? I already took measures beyond this thread, and kind of forgot about it.

Interesting it's still on topic. I'd consider it a record.

edited August 2012

By the way, it's against MCF rules to post in another thread of another host. So I got slapped with a 7 day post suspension.

Yea, I know right.

• @lele0108 yet you still continue to evade my two questions of why you don't have enough balls to post on your main account at MCF when you talk shit about others and why if your so legit and on the up and up to police others, why do you do something as shady as to run two companies offering the same service with both, real shady.. Hell I bet your not even a registered company and more then likely still in high school.

• @lele0108 said: So I got slapped with a 7 day post suspension.

So if we all posted funny stories about you at http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1164806-vortexunit-premium-hosting-1337gb-for-only-10-750gb-free-webspace-free-mumblefrom-350-247-support/ you wouldn't be able to reply for 7 days? This could get fun!

• mindfreakmindfreak Member
    edited August 2012

What I find funny too about your thread too Jimmy is members with 1-10 posts all love your service, more of your accounts maybe? Yet anyone with several 100 posts say things like Livechat staff were very un-helpful and abit rude. Wouldn't recommend. or Seems like you got quite a lot of "companies" huh? Like Crod.biz or TheServerBox just to name a few.. Why didn't you continue with those companies?

Speaking of that, why have you gone though so many different company names.... again shady.

Also it is Alpha not Alfa there mr, St Louis is in Illinois.. http://stats.pingdom.com/gejq1i9yvu4w foxtrot doesn't appear to be trotting much either

• This is interesting.

• @MrLawoodle said: This is interesting.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited August 2012
  • It's called the NATO alphabet stupid.

And unlike your one man operation, I have three staff members.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2012

Alright, a few things:

This IP is listed as a test IP for Germany in the first post. It is in a block owned by Hetzner in Germany.

This IP is listed as a test IP for Orlando in the first post. It is in a block owned by HostDime.

This IP is the A record for creeper.geekcraft.com. It is in a block owned by Hosting Solutions International, the company that apparently runs Server4You, PlusServer, ServerLoft. BSB Service GmbH is a subsidiary of PlusServer AG. Some research using RobTex shows that there is also a common domain startdedicated.com, as well as PlusServer being mentioned. This IP appears to be located at PlusServer's St. Louis location.

Summarizing: The creeper IP is located in a range that is owned by PlusServer and used for their various brands - Server4You, PlusServer, ServerLoft, and possibly others (all of these targeting a different price range with different services). It cannot be determined with certainty what service from this company is being used by GeekCraft (an interesting tidbit is that various other Minecraft servers are found in the same range). The test IPs provided were at Hetzner and HostDime, and may very well be locations that are only used for newer nodes - or, it may all be a fake test IP that does not represent the actual server location. You decide.

That sufficient information?

• @lele0108 said: And unlike your one man operation, I have three staff members.

Damn dude you are slow.. Let me try this 5th time now.. I do not own a company. I saw your post linked from minecraft forum and joined the forum as it looked pretty cool.

• @joepie91 I did a reverse DNS look up on the IPs they say are for Fla and Germany and they both do have geekcraft in the reverse, so I feel they are telling the truth on those. I looked at whois records of several domains from robtex and none match anything close to geek. My guess, they are in the same facility as server4you, but they had no idea server4you was also using that facility.

@mindfreak said: @joepie91 I did a reverse DNS look up on the IPs they say are for Fla and Germany and they both do have geekcraft in the reverse, so I feel they are telling the truth on those. I looked at whois records of several domains from robtex and none match anything close to geek. My guess, they are in the same facility as server4you, but they had no idea server4you was also using that facility.

I'm not sure where you have been looking on Robtex (can you provide links?) but the creeper server lives in a range that is owned by the Server4You parent company. That much is clear. That does not say anything about what 'facility' they are in, it simply means that their IP is owned by the Server4You parent company - which, in turn, means they are getting some sort of service from that company. Whether it is with Server4You or directly with the datacenter Server4You is in (which is owned by the same company as Server4You), I don't know.

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • @joepie91 I used the link you supplied http://www.robtex.com/cnet/199.189.87.html One IP lower (.18) is a bunch of domains, so I did a whois on them to see if any had ties to geek. My guess is, if he does colo's. He is colo'n in the same place as server4you. The IP does trace to st louis and xiolink is in st louis according to their site.

I noticed all other hostnames close to that range start with eagle###, where geek has a full hostname without any sort of eagle in it. Maybe the guy is telling the truth and that's the only IP he received from that pool as the hostname doesn't seem to have any senerio's close to the others hostname.

• TazTaz Member

I do not why but I do not like Bacon while I love veggie.

edited August 2012

So if you guys don't already figure out already, the @mindfreak guy is actually just GeekHost/Craft.

http://i.imgur.com/1Y25D.png

Pretty much sums things up. And what kind of host would lie about their identity? Sounds like a host who uses Server4You :D

And also, yes, the timezones are correct.

• TazTaz Member

Mcdonald or Burger king?

• In and out since Mcdonalds and Burger king taste like crap.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • TazTaz Member

But McDonald fries tastes soooo good. While BK has the best fish burgers.

• TazTaz Member

Coca cloak ftw!

• mindfreakmindfreak Member
    edited August 2012

You really are slow Jimmy.... As I already stated. I registered when I saw your post at MCF on Aug 2nd.. Aug 3rd, I received this e-mail.. ready now, read it slow so it is clear to you this time. You have been approved for membership. Sign in now at the following link: http://www.lowendtalk.com/entry/signin You can't post on LET until an admin approves your account. So that is why I did not post on the 2nd of Aug. You know honestly, all the reviews about you being a rude host.. I don't think they are true, I bet your not rude at all.. Your just to stupid to comprehend your customers questions so you come off as rude as the result.

@lele0108 said: guys don't already figure out already, the @mindfreak guy is actually just GeekHost/Craft.

Do you speak another language I can translate to for you Jimmy because you sure the fuck don't comprehend the English language. 6th time now.. I am not or any way related to that geek guy. My minecraft server is hosted with Daddy Cheese in France.

@mindfreak said: @joepie91 I used the link you supplied http://www.robtex.com/cnet/199.189.87.html One IP lower (.18) is a bunch of domains, so I did a whois on them to see if any had ties to geek. My guess is, if he does colo's. He is colo'n in the same place as server4you. The IP does trace to st louis and xiolink is in st louis according to their site.

Yes, it is certain that he would be in the same facility - however, since the Server4You parent company owns their own datacenter, he would have to be coloing with Server4You or any of the associated companies. Perfectly possible however. Another possibility is that he colos with a company that themselves rents space from PlusServer.

I noticed all other hostnames close to that range start with eagle###, where geek has a full hostname without any sort of eagle in it. Maybe the guy is telling the truth and that's the only IP he received from that pool as the hostname doesn't seem to have any senerio's close to the others hostname.

Yes, that just means that they have set an rDNS, rather than leaving the default one intact. If it's a shared IP pool (that they don't own themselves), then it would be perfectly sensible for them to have IPs all over PlusServers ranges - they just get allocated whatever is free. They don't necessarily have to be close to each other.

• @joepie91 yeah, I am starting to wonder if Xio is like Limestone Networks who only have a pop rather their own data center, but in this case Xio's pop is in Server4You's data center or considering how many companies Server4You's parent company owns like you pointed out earlier, maybe they own Xio too. IMO there is more to it on Jimmies end of this story to be going though this much trouble to try to run geek's company though the mud so much.