Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free!! 100 GB Online Storage from OziBox.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free!! 100 GB Online Storage from OziBox.com

earlearl Member
edited April 2015 in General

Hi,

Just found this site that offers 100GB of online storage for Free..

It's actually very basic no frills storage space. One big draw back is you can only share links to other registered members, but the storage space is quite generous considering it's free.

www.OziBox.com

The Community online storage cloud Ozibox.com offers 100 GB storage FREE for you to store, sync & share with friends!

The Website:

OziBox is created by the Supercoders a global community striving for a better internet. Supercoders work together since 2008 sharing the same values: they believe that the internet should be open, public, and accessible to everyone without any restrictions. Their vision is to develop the best tools for the internet and make the internet experience better. Their goal is to develop freeware and promote it through community processes. If you are sharing the same passion for a better internet, join the community and help fulfill the dream! There are many ways to help, volunteer, donate and promote!

>

The Panel:

While there is a column for play, you can't actually stream any media directly from the panel. Strictly download file only.

Click the Button to Register:

or here: http://www.ozibox.com/Register.aspx

Registration only requires email and password.

Well, Hopefully someone will find it useful.

Comments

• Great, thanks for the recommendation, will try it out later tonight.

Thanked by 1earl
  • Store your files in a safe place.. Look into their dmca option :)

• earlearl Member

@fitvpn said:
    Store your files in a safe place.. Look into their dmca option :)

Well, there is no real way of publicly sharing content. You can only share links to other ozibox users or personally download the file yourself. The chances of you getting an infringement notice is pretty much nil.

There is also a "three strikes policy" clause, which I think to be very reasonable..

Ozibox.com follows a three strikes policy – a user’s account will be terminated and the user permanently barred from Ozibox.com upon a third instance of detection of unauthorized copyrighted content in the account. Please refer to the Repeat Infringer Termination section below (also in our Terms of Use) for a detailed description of our >policy regarding copyright infringement.

Think of this as more a personal backup solution, more so than file sharing.

• 4GB file size limit

• SnapeSnape Member

"OziBox... proudly says no to multinational companies behind your software!"

...but is hosted at OVH...

"OziBox is an Open Source Cloud"

Owncloud, we meet again.

Thanked by 2raindog308 netomx
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Snape said: Owncloud, we meet again.

Yeah, "the first Community Cloud" is so untrue I immediately lost interest.

Also, the name..."Supercoders".

Thanked by 2asf netomx
  • earlearl Member

"OziBox... proudly says no to multinational companies behind your software!"

Snape said: ...but is hosted at OVH...

This is an outrage!!.. how dare they offer 100 GB of free storage and use the cheapest hosting provider known to man kind!! I'm appalled!!

Actually, that reference is to software.. so no Microsoft windows etc.. OVH is providing hardware, not software.

• earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

raindog308 said: Yeah, "the first Community Cloud" is so untrue I immediately lost interest.

Also, the name..."Supercoders".

I actually don't buy into the marketing.. They can call it what they like.. I just want my free storage.

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited April 2015

They used all capitals for NO and YES, so one can just assume they're serious.

• earlearl Member

it's a shame really, to see so much negativity, when my intent was to share something positive..

And all this complaints is from folks who never even bothered to try the service..

• earl said: it's a shame really, to see so much negativity, when my intent was to share something positive..

And all this complaints is from folks who never even bothered to try the service..

Don't take it personally.. you have to remember LET is a place of scrutiny which is often seen as negativity.. people naturally don't like being ripped off and rather not sign up for a provider that'll waste their time or lose their files.

Thanked by 2sleddog earl
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited April 2015

@earl said:
    it's a shame really, to see so much negativity, when my intent was to share something positive..

Well I don't think anyone is attacking you personally. I mean, you did get 7 thanks so far :-)

The service does have some goofy claims so it's natural for people to make fun of those.

Thanked by 1earl
  • SnapeSnape Member

@earl said:

Actually, that reference is to software.. so no Microsoft windows etc.. OVH is providing hardware, not software.

I assume it's built using OVH's cloud storage as a backend. Even if it's not, and they're really using a bunch of boxes with local storage, OVH is still pretty clearly "behind" them. In any event, even if they colo'd directly at some carrier-neutral DC/IX, it'd still be a pretty silly claim.

Compared to the basic premise "please entrust lots of your data to some anonymous people who freely admit the service offered is financially unsustainable", though, it's more laughable than alarming.

• earlearl Member

Snape said: I assume it's built using OVH's cloud storage as a backend. Even if it's not, and they're really using a bunch of boxes with local storage, OVH is still pretty clearly "behind" them. In any event, even if they colo'd directly at some carrier-neutral DC/IX, it'd still be a pretty silly claim.

Honestly I took that comment as they prefer to use open source compared to close.. If by your logic, then essentially you're implying they don't use products from multinational co. that would be silly what are they suppose to do make their own hard drives, motherboards, open their own DC?

Let's not dig too deep into it.. I honestly could not care less about the philosophy they are trying to instill or the community they are trying to create I'm just there for free storage..