Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH is giving out about 10000 dedicated servers in their new US DC for free! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH is giving out about 10000 dedicated servers in their new US DC for free!

Comments

• @Taylor said: Win 2008 setup.exe failed (c:\Windows was not created) To repair this error it is necessary to conduct an intervention.

It will be soon done by our technicians. You will be informed
    about the beginning and ending of it. Our technician will
    restart the operation.

Same here. Re-installed Debian and it was up in about 2 minutes.

• ThorinThorin Member
    edited August 2012

@budingyun said: I'm here at 9pm lol. Already start filling captcha at 8.59pm. (-_-)

9:00am EST. Follow @OVH on twitter. All of today's 150 servers were gone in 4 minutes. I got mine at 9:01 ;-)

Thanked by 1budingyun
  • @Thorin said: Same here. Re-installed Debian and it was up in about 2 minutes.

>

Yep, I got windows working now after going to linux then back to windows.

• @Taylor said: Yep, I got windows working now after going to linux then back to windows.

I haven't tried that yet. I just meant to say that you could recover Linux without a technician like the error message says. How long did the Windows install take? It always hangs on "System copy" for me.

• @Thorin said: How long did the Windows install take? It always hangs on "System copy" for me.

Not sure, it took way longer then linux did. It was on system copy for a long time then I just came back a few hours later to the login information for windows via email.

• Goddamn it, trying to get one and capatcha is not reloading

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Well now I'm just timing out connecting to the manager. Yesterday it took about an hour to reinstall the OS. It doesn't seem too friendly with Safari. Definitely qualifies as a beta of something...

• edited August 2012

Am I the only one who can't access the manager?

My server has been online since around 9:30AM this morning, but I can't login to the manager with the customer-ID they provided me. I try to reset the password using the email address that my customer-ID and server information was sent to, and I get the error:

One or more error(s) occurred:

• No nic found with this id or email

I emailed support this morning, but still no word.

EDIT: Actually, I can't login to the manager even for the VPS I got yesterday with them.

EDIT2: I can request a password change for my VPS account, I get the email with a link to reset it, and when I click the link to reset my password I get 'page not found error'.

So now I can't get into either manager and can't open a ticket because... that requires you to be logged into your manager.

• acarrascopeacarrascope Banned
    edited August 2012

@MannDude this is the version of manager you need to log in : https://us.ovh.com/managerv5/

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • @acarrascope said: @MannDude this is the version of manager you need to log in : https://us.ovh.com/managerv5/

I LOVE YOU

Let's go hold hands outside of a Chik-fil-a.

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • I got one, running some benchmarks, and very impressed. Very fast server.

They also provide tiny OVZ for free for a number of locations. Just get another one too.

• My free dedicated:
    CPU model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2130 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Number of cores: 4
    CPU frequency: 3400.000 MHz
    CPU cache size: 3072 KB
    Total amount of ram: 15945 MB
    Total amount of swap: 1021 MB
    I/O speed: 165MB/s

My free OVZ128
    CPU model: AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6172
    Number of cores: 1
    CPU frequency: 2100.025 MHz
    CPU cache size: 512 KB
    Total amount of ram: 128 MB
    Total amount of swap: 128 MB
    I/O speed: 142MB/s

For OVZ, one code for each cellphone#

• flyfly Member

hmm.
    why does it say I have an i3 at 3.4Ghz, but actually runs at 1.6Ghz:

processor   : 3
    vendor_id   : GenuineIntel
    cpu family  : 6
    model       : 42
    model name  : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2130 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    stepping    : 7
    microcode   : 0x1a
    cpu MHz     : 1600.000
    cache size  : 3072 KB

• it's been 3 days and i never got to sign up; it's always "Sorry, we have reached the limit of available servers for today. Please try again tomorrow!"

you guys are a lucky bunch!

• They announce the new stock on twitter normally around 9am PST (from memory), yesterday it was all gone in about 4mins. So you gotta be quick.

• @fly said: cpu MHz : 1600.000

Its because (more than likely) they have it set to power saver mode or something. Its possible that it increases the power (therefore MHz) when required :P

Of course this is all what "datashack" support told me when I asked why my CPU MHz was all 1000MHz, but it does seem reasonable (for Datashack though I ended up going into Bios and manually changing it from the power saver mode to rock out loud mode)

• flyfly Member

@halfeatenpie, yeah that's what i thought. aint no bios editing on ovh stuffs tho.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited August 2012

@fly: I'd say just use it as is. If you think it really isn't that then you can always ask support to take a look into it. (Warning, OVH support takes a while to get a response). But most of their stuff is automated which makes it easier to edit all the other stuff.

• @jarland said: Only 1 IP? Virtual host subdomain vps. Do it!

Sorry to ask, but how its this done, im testing up proxmox but i was unable to find how to do this with subdomains and only 1 ip. its there any manual/doc?

I appreciate the help.
    Thanks

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2012

@jhonmont said: Sorry to ask, but how its this done, im testing up proxmox but i was unable to find how to do this with subdomains and only 1 ip. its there any manual/doc?

I appreciate the help.

Thanks

I really don't recommend this, and you'll save a lot of trouble just getting some IPs.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=923115

Don't be a summer host.

• @jarland said: I really don't recommend this, and you'll save a lot of trouble just getting some IPs.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=923115

Don't be a summer host.

Thanks for the link.
    This is for testing, and give some friends a place to test some websites.

Thanks @jarland

• Got one :) I have no idea what I'm going to use it for, but I might as well mess around with it for a bit once it's set up.

• So it appears these are the boxes we are getting: http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/superplan_mini.xml

• I never have the luck to get one u_u always "out of stock"

• nunimnunim Member
    edited August 2012

@yomero said: I never have the luck to get one u_u always "out of stock"

Me too :( They release stock at approx. 12am EST right?

Shame they won't be offering Kimsurfi from QC, I'm sure they will eventually but for right now if you want a cheap dedi you don't have too much choice besides the Mid/Central US (KC or STL)..

• @nunim They announce the next stock round on their Twitter. I've seen a couple of different times.

• For those of you who still wants one.

"BHS "sold out!" today it took 19 seconds to run out of free dedicated servers. The afternoon batch will be announced at 12:00 EDT "

(This is in two hours from posting right now).

• @HalfEatenPie said: "BHS "sold out!" today it took 19 seconds to run out of free dedicated servers. The afternoon batch will be announced at 12:00 EDT "

I was one of those people who got theirs in 19 seconds :) My server is already setup!

• @Insidiea said: I was one of those people who got theirs in 19 seconds :) My server is already setup!

This is my second one :P

• @nunim is EST or EDT? o_O I have no idea lol.