Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How bomb proof is the Amazon A-Z Uk Policy?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How bomb proof is the Amazon A-Z Uk Policy?

eastoncheastonch Member
edited August 2012 in General

Hi there, I've just picked up a few mis-priced items (or stupidly cheap) from Amazon from a 'new seller' clearly this "could" be a scam, as there's nothing about this seller on the internet, and he's started up within the last month.

Anyway, I was told I was covered by the amazon A-Z Cover, i've read into this, but I'm just curious if anybody has any experience with Amazon sellers, and Amazon's A-Z Policy.

Any stories are greatly appreciated, the total value was £24 an the approx value of items was well over £200...

Thanks,
Chris.

Comments

• WIll be refunded if it is scam.

• Watch your credit card balance. I've had Amazon sellers steal my credit card number.

• @efball how the heck did you work that out... loL!

• Amazon are very good at handling this sort of thing - I've had friends who've had goods described as new which weren't and its always been quickly and easily settled.

They don't transfer funds immediately to the seller - it takes about a week. So if you get in touch in time, they'll probably hold off the transfer until its resolved.

• @efball Troll much? Lol

• When you buy something from Amazon that is "sold by" some body else they pass on the info. Those were the only other people that had gotten my credit card info when it was stolen.

• @efball said: When you buy something from Amazon that is "sold by" some body else they pass on the info. Those were the only other people that had gotten my credit card info when it was stolen.

>

That is very misguided, your personal information such as phone number, address gets passed on to the seller so they can get the order to you but the payment is %100 just handled by amazon.

• TazTaz Member

@efball thank you for your bs.

• If the seller catches it the order will be cancelled. There is no protection for incorrectly priced items.

• That's true @matt_securedspeed he cancelled all orders the day after... Quite annoyed that he was quite openly deleteing orders, without informing clients.

• @eastonch said: That's true @matt_securedspeed he cancelled all orders the day after... Quite annoyed that he was quite openly deleteing orders, without informing clients.

>

You didnt get a email about your refunds?

• Money was not taken, he cancelled, then after four hours, released a "customer-wide" e-mail detailing this error. I find it unprofessional that he took this long to send one simple e-mail/PM.

I also find it horrific how he's pretty much got some guy to give him double the amount of negative comments into positives just to improve his rating.