Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com? - Page 23
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com?

Comments

• @4n0nx said:
    Any news?

Your refund is on behalf of your bank, NOT UniWebHosting. That should be made clear... During a dispute my bank will also reimburse the funds immediately. It's a thing banks decide to do on their own accord.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • @4n0nx said:
    Any news?

I got the refund from the bank the date I file the dispute, but I suppose it's temporary? cos they said they need 30 days to investigate the case.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • @jacobhere said:
    I got the refund from the bank the date I file the dispute, but I suppose it's temporary? cos they said they need 30 days to investigate the case.

The refund is usually issued at the same time a dispute is opened. If they feel the dispute can't be decided in your favour they debit your account for the same amount of money.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

jacobhere said: I got the refund from the bank the date I file the dispute, but I suppose it's temporary? cos they said they need 30 days to investigate the case.

Good! I can't imagine them against your favor in this case..

• nhocconannhocconan Member
    edited April 2015

@4n0nx said:
    Any news?

Still wait till the end of this week to see if there is anyone from UniWeb to reply my refund request. I will start to fire dispute from next week. As I said from beginning, I understand that I was taking risk at the time I purchased, so there is no need to cry on this :-)

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

nhocconan said: Still wait till the end of this week to see if there is anyone from UniWeb to reply my refund request. I will start to fire dispute from next week. As I said from beginning, I understand that I was taking risk at the time I purchased, so there is no cry on this :-)

When did you ask for a refund? It has been 9 days and the servers are still down. Did you pay with CC?

Thanked by 1nhocconan
  • @4n0nx said:
    When did you ask for a refund? It has been 9 days and the servers are still down. Did you pay with CC?

I remember the first request was April 1. Not CC here, via PP but in case PP declines the dispute, will work with my linked card company then. However, I am thinking of the worst case :-s

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

nhocconan said: I remember the first request was April 1. Not CC here, via PP but in case PP declines the dispute, will work with my linked card company then. However, I am thinking of the worst case :-s

Yeah I don't think they are going to respond then and that you should contact both rather sooner than later..

I saw multiple FB posts along the lines of "we will send an email to our customers soon" but they also seem to regularly delete customer complaints. Not all, only some.. makes no sense

Thanked by 1nhocconan
  • after 14 pages of uwh at let - i think now it's time for cepapcici and zrno vino for all interested readers!

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • vpssamy said: zrno vino

crno vino, guess ;-)

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

I love cevapcici

• well PayPal still thinks a physical server is intangible because it wasnt shipped to me, uniweb no longer responds and im out of ideas. Some have mentioned filing a police report (not sure what good that would do). Any ideas?

• FalzoFalzo Member

police is forced to investigate by the laws, so when they are trying at least from within europe, they may consider calling authorities in serbia about that case...
    and maybe if there are more than one or two requests made to police in belgrad, there probably someone of them will knock at teos door just to ask, what's that all about.
    sure that won't give you your money back, but maybe help to convince UWH doing something about.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

nhocconan said:

Still wait till the end of this week to see if there is anyone from UniWeb to reply my refund request. I will start to fire dispute from next week.

Waiting, you are just helping this scammers get more money.

Falzo said: there probably someone of them will knock at teos door just to ask, what's that all about.

This is assuming the guy is actually responsible for the scam and... exists.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

I received a letter that says my refund is preliminary, while they are investigating the case.

zhable said: well PayPal still thinks a physical server is intangible because it wasnt shipped to me, uniweb no longer responds and im out of ideas. Some have mentioned filing a police report (not sure what good that would do). Any ideas?

So you even called them and they just refused? :/ Did you pay through paypal with a credit card? Maybe they can arrange something..

A police report forces the police to investigate possible criminal activity and is a serious accusation. It usually cannot be revoked.

Does anyone have a screenshot of their panel being password protected?

• I just got a call from my bank that the refund is final now, they "successfully get charge back from seller." paypal dispute is still active. They said they need till May 8 to decide. Submited a ticket to 2co, no response from them what so ever

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

It looks like 2CO does not care, they just keep saying things like "your concerns have been noted". Which is good, I guess - can't just kick a seller because of some angry emails.

Yet there does not seem to be an official complaint form or similar for serious cases and apparent fraud (which I guess we still don't know for sure yet, but they are sure making it look like it).

• xyzxyz Member
    edited April 2015

2CO is actually completely useless. Although they said they'll try to contact the seller on my behalf, they won't even confirm whether the seller responded or not.

They largely ignore questions, often responding with "we sympathize with you" or "we have stringent policies which prevent fraudulent sellers", and they closed my ticket every time they made a response.

Basically all fluff and no substance. They don't care about buyers at all, since they probably get nothing from them.

Still trying to get a chargeback - it sucks that the whole process is an absolute PITA for me though (wish I had used another bank, since I did suspect this might happen).

Part of the money is most likely gone from 2CO, that's why they are not going to refund you guys and why the scam works for the scammer. He couldn't get the money collected last week, but he could (and did) collect the money paid 3 months ago.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited April 2015

2CO feels like it is not their responsibility and made a comparison with a person who goes to a supermarket. They left out the part where the supermarket makes false promises, obviously can't deliver and still keeps selling milk.

Nevertheless, I was very persistent in expressing my disapproval, messaged people who posted on their FB page to do the same and:

I can confirm that we are not allowing any further sales for this seller until these issues have been resolved as they have advise they are currently working to bring the server back up.

-> if you can't get your money back (e.g. Paypal) and UWH does not give you a refund or get the server back online, make sure to send weekly reminders to 2CO

//EDIT: https://support.2co.com/deskpro/newticket.php
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ here

• I am also interested in uniwebhosting,but when I try to order one server,I can only pay a server for one whole year.Consider the low price of the server,I dont think it reliable,so I gave up.

• @ppcoco said:
    I am also interested in uniwebhosting,but when I try to order one server,I can only pay a server for one whole year.Consider the low price of the server,I dont think it reliable,so I gave up.

Have you read this thread? Go back and read all the comments start to finish.

Thanked by 2Lee 4n0nx
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

They are still there and apparently fixing their web hosting customers on their ns1 server (-> facebook), now hosted with softlayer.

Not saying there are other options than payment dispute after all that has happened, but it does not look like a confirmed scam to me. But I am tired of arguing with the thread. ~

• Not confirmed scam? Who wants to confirm it? Cant you see how many people lost thair money?
    Now will offer softlayer servers for $50/year right? You will promote them again?
    You should get banned from here. You was promoting them all the time here. Stfu

Thanked by 1tr1cky
    edited April 2015

4n0nx said: it does not look like a confirmed scam to me.

Then you are not very smart. They are trying to delay refunds as much as possible and after all this, people is still doubting. Some guys can't be helped, I suppose.

Edit: delay refunds = get more money out, obviously. Not like they want to refund anyone.

Thanked by 1Nomad
  • LeeLee Veteran

4n0nx said: but it does not look like a confirmed scam to me.

I am chiming in on that simply because I would not want someone to see your comment and be daft enough to order given they are still accepting orders and money.

What we do absolutely know is that Hetzner have shutdown all their servers. Hetzner did that, I can see only one reason, non payment. Earlier suggestions that server abuse was the reason is very unlikely. People do not sign up to a service for a minimum 1 year term with the intention of abusing a service. They know it will not stay up that long.

They have moved their main site to SoftLayer, pretty much indicates they are bailing from Hetzner.

I have yet to see anyone say their server is still running after this issue came to light a couple of weeks ago.

They are refusing refunds using the "intangible" goods claim, which casts further doubt. Whilst they are of course refunding some that just appears the usual method of keeping Paypal on side to prevent their Paypal account being limited.

That they are working to keep their shared/reseller clients running is no real indication of anything. All they need for that is a couple of servers anywhere with cPanel installed, that is an easier process than trying to replace perhaps a few dozen dedicated servers when you have just lost your meal ticket (Hetzner).

Does their sale of dedicated servers and subsequent issues qualify as a scam? I would say so.

Does the fact they are still advertising and taking payments for servers that they have no access qualify as a scam? Yes definitely.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Lee said: I am chiming in on that simply because I would not want someone to see your comment and be daft enough to order given they are still accepting orders and money.

Yeah right, after reading that I wrote "Not saying there are other options than payment dispute after all that has happened".

That and 6 posts above yours I wrote that 2CO does not accept payments for them until the issue is resolved.

Lee said: Hetzner did that, I can see only one reason, non payment.

Yes, I was the first to say that ITT. But if it was on purpose, why would they risk losing their shared hosting customers and then try to save them afterwards? Makes no sense.

• 5hi745hi74 Member
    edited April 2015

@4n0nx said:
    why would they risk losing their shared hosting customers and then try to save them afterwards?

"sky is not the limit"

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited April 2015

@4n0nx said:

It makes a lot of sense. Their customer base is 95% shared hosting and 5% dedicated servers. They would have a ton of disputes and would loose their paypal account if they wouldn't provide service to their shared hosting customers.

Thanked by 2Lee nhocconan
  • Looks like they are advertising again on WHT forums
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1471118