Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com? - Page 22
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using uniwebhosting.com?

Comments

• Or delay with false hope.

• hmm (https://www.facebook.com/uniwebhosting) looking through the comments they allegedly reinstated some of their shared hosting accounts. Upon further inspection of some of the domains I see they do point to uniweb's NS and actually work. Its still up in the air, but if they were scamming people they wouldnt just put up a shared node and restore accounts (unless Im missing something here).

• spiritflyspiritfly Member
    edited April 2015

Just got my refund. Paypal dispute was open, but it wasn't them nor 2checkout. 2checkout ditched me and said they cannot provide refunds. My paypal dispute wasn't escalated as well so it's not paypal's decision. Teo said their guy responsible for finances did it. So it was definitely voluntary. He also said they are working on providing the backups from the server as well.

On their facebook page they posted a comment of all their shared accounts that were fixed and said they are working on the next. It seems like they may prove to be ok after all, just a very slow and disoriented.

All I did was write them an email asking for the refund and they did refund me 1.5 day after I requested the refund.

Now I think they may be able to sort this out, but they are very slow so it will last if they do. I couldn't wait for my server for days, it was really urgent for me to get a new server so I asked for that refund. I hope I will get the backup as well because it's even more important.

I hope you guys figure this out as well and get your refunds/backups at the end, or your new servers from UWH.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2015

zhable said: Its still up in the air, but if they were scamming people they wouldnt just put up a shared node and restore accounts

We can't know what's going on, but how hard is to put up temporarily some lone server for shared hosting accounts? Even one DO/vultr/etc... hourly paid VPS box would do it. That's at least one can do to delay as much as possible to prevent as much as possible disputes for pre-paid dedicated servers.

I gave them benefit of the doubt at first, but unrealistic statements like "everything will be compensated for around 4-5 months free for your server" (yea, right!) tell us everything ... Who without own hosting infrastructure can afford that? We're talking about dedicated servers, not some small VPSs.
    And even if some "buddy" really get some server for free and then make 50+ circlejerk posts about their clean intentions I highly doubt that this will end well.

• @spiritfly said:
    Just got my refund. Paypal dispute was open, but it wasn't them nor 2checkout. 2checkout ditched me and said they cannot provide refunds. My paypal dispute wasn't escalated as well so it's not paypal's decision. Teo said their guy responsible for finances did it. So it was definitely voluntary. He also said they are working on providing the backups from the server as well.

On their facebook page they posted a comment of all their shared accounts that were fixed and said they are working on the next. It seems like they may prove to be ok after all, just a very slow and disoriented.

All I did was write them an email asking for the refund and they did refund me 1.5 day after I requested the refund.

Now I think they may be able to sort this out, but they are very slow so it will last if they do. I couldn't wait for my server for days, it was really urgent for me to get a new server so I asked for that refund. I hope I will get the backup as well because it's even more important.

I hope you guys figure this out as well and get your refunds/backups at the end, or your new servers from UWH.

Please tell me how you got them to do it (form of communication) and if you can still get in touch with them ask them about my ticket please (638635) and (135337). I havent heard back in days from their email

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@spiritfly said:

@zhable said:
    Please tell me how you got them to do it (form of communication) and if you can still get in touch with them ask them about my ticket please (638635) and (135337). I havent heard back in days from their email

Any chance you could help me as well? Ticket ID with them is #924168

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

You guys were told about all this beforehand and chosen to ignore advice anyway and even promoted the scam.

Well, there you go.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

spiritfly said: (from e-mail) I am employed at UniWebHosting, I am not responsible and I didn't know the situation.

That is almost certainly a lie. See this post from earlier in the thread:

zhable said: Yep looks to me that its been a 1/2 man show this whole time, site username is teoj as seen from their panel page. "Site error: the file /home/teoj/public_html/panel/clientarea.php". I'm not sure how other companies host sites but I'm doubtful its in the name of their tech support agent. Any benefit from us all charge backing at once? Or shall I just wait a couple more days?

• dug this up (http://forum.kgb-hosting.com/showthread.php?t=53186) according to this "Teo" or "Theo" at one point was the owner (sadly no last names are mentioned).

• @4n0nx said:
    It appears you have difficulties reading. Hetzner did block all of uniwebhosting's servers. The rest of your rant has already been answered as well.

Oh I can read just fine, and recognize scammers for what they are (and those who support them). I never said Hetzner didn't block their servers, my comment, if you can read, was regarding their explanation for "losing their servers". You conveniently left out the part regarding how easy it is to have a backup plan, but then that doesn't support your snarky attempt at deflection. "The rest of your rant has already been answered as well" really? Then why did they not have a backup plan? Why have they gone silent to nearly everyone? You were the one pushing them here, so to sit back and act the ass now that reality has set in is quite sad. Of course on a message board you really don't know who you are talking to, but suffice it to say I have the same info as Lee. I'm not the one who promoted them here, you were, constantly bumping the threads and attacking anyone who disagreed with you.

The signs all pointed to scam on this offer, but despite multiple warnings from multiple people some still bit. You can only protect people to a point, personal responsibility came into play for anyone who ordered after all the unanswered questions came up. You can't blame let, wht or any other message board for peoples personal choices (for those trying to blame forum admins).
    Hopefully the majority can get some restitution from this mess. Don't let them string you along, file chargebacks/claims asap.

Thanked by 2BuyAds Nomad
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

@MattKC

It's exactly these facts ignoring, whiny comments why I have been speaking up the whole thread. So, how do you explain that at least one person has received a refund after all of this happened? Must be all part of an elaborate plan, hmmmmmm?

The logic that if they had really unexpectedly lost all their servers, they would have had a backup plan is just.. wtf. :D

Hurr durr, the fact that I am pointing out actual events in the past must mean that I work for uniwebhosting lelelel.

How about you stfu and press criminal charges, if you think this is a scam? :) Oh wait, you wouldn't dare, you are just here to cry some. I am probably the only one who will, if I don't get my money back. So stop whining at me.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited April 2015

4n0nx said: Must be all part of an elaborate plan, hmmmmmm?

Correct, the reasoning behind refunds in a scam operation is to prevent your merchant from locking your account before you are done.

Few % of all payments will be refunded to keep the chargeback rate lower than treshold and wait until next payout (14 days at 2CO, few days at PayPal).

Thanked by 1MattKC
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

William said: Correct, the reasoning behind refunds in a scam operation is to prevent your merchant from locking your account before you are done.

Few % of all payments will be refunded to keep the chargeback rate lower than treshold and wait until next payout (14 days at 2CO, few days at PayPal).

Interesting, but the person who was refunded had already tried to charge back. Without success.

And of course legitimate businesses might not appreciate their accounts being locked either.

Either way, it sheds a new light on the "4-5 months free" promise.

• They are just bastards.
    I've tried to contact them, and only had partial luck with their fb page, but I was blocked very quickly, and my posts were deleted.
    This guy Teo Jovanovic is the owner, and probably his girlfriend is something like support.
    I think that there is nobody else in this "company".
    https://www.facebook.com/uniwebhost
    I doubt that they know how to do anything elese but to steal and lie.
    If this situation is not solved by tomorrow, I will press charges, contact police, hi-tech police department.
    It's time for them to stop stealing money form honest people.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • By reading what they are talking about on their facebook page it seems like he's slowly resolving one by one all his clients. He even yells at one guy that he gave him 2 years free reseller package. He seems to be responding really fast there, did you guys write your ticket numbers there to see what happens?

https://www.facebook.com/uniwebhosting/posts/10153283840617868

• MilanSRBMilanSRB Member
    edited April 2015

One guy asked them for their PIB (company tax number) on their fb page, and puf - he was blocked and everything was deleted. Why? Because it's no company.
    So don't talk about resolving anything, I get the feeling that you are with them.

• @MilanSRB oh no you won't! You won't make me play the blame game again. I got my refund. I told a few members who asked me for help by PM what I did to get it(although I'm not sure if that had to do with anything) and that's it. Just tried to help again, but I guess it's best for me to leave this thread alone.

I got burned as well, but got my refund and I have nothing else to do with UniWebHosting anymore. Except for that backup which I feel I may never receive so I'm outta here!

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • This is no game, a lot of people are loosing a lot of money, especially resellers, because people been using those packages to serve their clients, and now they are loosing clients and facing legal problems because those clients suffer data and profit loss.
    So if you know anything that can help, you should write it in public

• spiritflyspiritfly Member
    edited April 2015

I'm quite aware what is going on @MilansSRB, but I've been crucified once before for trying to help here, so I'm a bit wary about sharing info about this sensitive case here.

I know nothing more to share here than what's already been discussed. I can only share my personal experience with UWH, but not publicly because it contains some personal details. But all I can say is that it probably involves nothing more than what was already suggested in this thread. If you still want to hear it, PM me.

• MattKCMattKC Member
    edited April 2015

@4n0nx said:
    MattKC

It's exactly these facts ignoring, whiny comments why I have been speaking up the whole thread. So, how do you explain that at least one person has received a refund after all of this happened? Must be all part of an elaborate plan, hmmmmmm?

The logic that if they had really unexpectedly lost all their servers, they would have had a backup plan is just.. wtf. :D

Hurr durr, the fact that I am pointing out actual events in the past must mean that I work for uniwebhosting lelelel.

How about you stfu and press criminal charges, if you think this is a scam? :) Oh wait, you wouldn't dare, you are just here to cry some. I am probably the only one who will, if I don't get my money back. So stop whining at me.

Really? That's what you come back with? Tell people who call out the scam to shut the fuck up? I hope you do file criminal charges, given your attitude you have shown, you are just talk so far. Your attacks here show that clearly. Multiple people tried to show you the lies this company has told from the start and you chose to ignore that and try to talk them up as legit for whatever reason. You took my response very personal. I didn't blame you for this problem, I questioned your earlier promotion of them after you came at me for sharing my opinion. If I was promoting a company that ended up doing this I sure as hell wouldn't turn around and attack people who called me on it. I'd accept responsibility for being wrong and do what I could to help, but I guess that's outside your moral compass as you keep attacking people instead.

As William stated, yes, it is an elaborate plan. Give a few refunds to the squeaky wheels who will post to give hope to everyone else thereby delaying chargebacks/complaints. Explain why they have replied with "download completed" and "product shipped" to disputes if they are not trying to scam people.

I never said you worked for them, again you are making crap up to attack people. You don't have to work for a company to "talk them up" or "promote" them. You could just be a fan, which was my original assumption in your case.

All legit companies should have a backup plan. I can guarantee you if ramnode or buyvm had their main servers taken offline, they would be back on another "backup" server within an hour if not minutes. Excusing their lack of response due to them saying they lost the server hosting their site is just stupid. Get another server and restore the backup. The "wtf" as you stated is the lack of backup, not expecting them to have one.

I really do hope everyone (including 4n0nx as no one deserves to be scammed regardless of how they treat others) is able to get their money back from these scammers. Again, do not allow them to drag this out. File chargebacks with your credit card if paypal/2co refuse to help you. Given the false address and registration provided, tracking them down to serve with a suit will be difficult and given the amount in question, they know few will even try.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • LeeLee Veteran

I forgot about this thread. I have heard back from Arno Pirner who is the Head of sales at Hetzner. Obviously he won't go into detail but he has confirmed that all of Uniwebhosting servers are down.

He has stated that they had good reason for doing it which at least in itself tells us that the shut down of all the servers was initiated by Hetzner.

Again read into that what you will, I am just passing on the info.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited April 2015

MattKC said: given your attitude you have shown, you are just talk so far.

Oh, I guess I did not communicate this clearly enough. I have contacted my bank and collected all "evidence" I could find. Now I am waiting for for a response from my bank before I proceed. (Easter........)

MattKC said: I never said you worked for them,

and I never said you did

MattKC said: All legit companies should have a backup plan.

You can't have a backup plan for lots of 32GB RAM dedicated servers.

MattKC said: Explain why they have replied with "download completed" and "product shipped" to disputes if they are not trying to scam people.

Explain why they refunded the very customer they said that to (who had his chargeback already rejected).

• @4n0nx said:

Sorry to burst your bubble there, but they said that to me...and I still havent got a refund yet.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

zhable said: Sorry to burst your bubble there, but they said that to me...and I still havent got a refund yet.

Did they not say that to spiritflight,too? Did you send them an e-mail like he said he did? Did you call Paypal and tell them that they deliberately lied and that a dedicated server is very much tangible?

• @4n0nx said:
    Did they not say that to spiritflight,too? Did you send them an e-mail like he said he did? Did you call Paypal and tell them that they deliberately lied and that a dedicated server is very much tangible?

Been busy and will try to call PayPal tomorrow, as per email/live chat/skype/facebook/twitter (anything I missed) they dont even respond

• getting it appealed but PP not liking that it wasnt shipped to me.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited April 2015

I just noticed that the entire amount was refunded to my bank account. The sender reads "UNIWEBHOS" but since I did not contact them for a refund (since live chat was unavailable and panel was password restricted), I assume this is the result of the dispute I filed with my bank/VISA.

In my dispute I mentioned the impossibility of a resolution that is caused by the seller. (= support does not respond [ever since the database crash]) To that I added the filled out VISA dispute form and the invoice I received from uniwebhosting after paying for my server.

@zhable : Mention that the Paypal page reads "can be shipped", not "has to be shipped" and that uniwebhosting deliberately lied?

• @4n0nx said:

That was the comment I was referring to in regards to the "working for them" comment, apologies if I misinterpreted your meaning, I never meant to imply you were employed by them but it seemed you thought I had with that comment so I was trying to clarify.

Glad to hear you have contacted your bank, hopefully they can pressure paypal or 2co to get all your funds back.

The backup plan was in regards to their own site, not all the resold servers. They should have been able to get that back up quickly so they could communicate with clients (if this truly was just bad fortune and not intentional).

The last point was already addressed, that was a different customer who had false info placed in the paypal dispute by uniweb to avoid giving them a refund with them claiming a physical item was shipped or software downloaded.

End of the day, I hope everyone get's their funds back and uniweb get's what they have coming. There is too much evidence at this point showing this was not a simple mistake, something more sinister is at play imo.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

MattKC said: That was the comment I was referring to in regards to the "working for them" comment, apologies if I misinterpreted your meaning, I never meant to imply you were employed by them but it seemed you thought I had with that comment so I was trying to clarify.

Glad to hear you have contacted your bank, hopefully they can pressure paypal or 2co to get all your funds back.

Yeh, I was referring to comments that others made.

Yes I received my money back, like I mentioned in the post above yours. And I just sent a complaint to 2CO just to increase the amount of angry mails they can't ignore.

I wonder what everyone else ended up doing?

@AfternoonShift @MeltedLux @rauppe31 @supick @nhocconan @Dany @jacobhere

Any news?