Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keep failing to pay to online.net from Bank of China
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Keep failing to pay to online.net from Bank of China

OstCollectorOstCollector Member
edited April 2015 in General

I keep failing paying the bill this month. When I added a Visa card, I saw "The+bank+refused+the+transaction" in the URL, but when I contacted the bank,
they said all the transaction is successful. However the transactions just stay in "authorization hold" stage, and settlement is never processed.

Were you in such situation before, and if yes, how did you deal with it?

Though online.net have very cheap but good server, and their technical support is excellent (always <10 minute response), I still need to prepare to leave because deadline of invoice is 10th.

Thanked by 1ttytty

Comments

• godonggodong Member
    edited April 2015

I'm in a similar situation before (from US though, not China), and I posted in another thread about online.net here. I succeeded to get the invoice paid though, but nevertheless, the server was already removed from my account, and @online_bene here helped me refunding my fund (warning: once the server removed from your account, they cannot restore it, even if you pay the invoice!). It is too bad, I want to try their service, but it just not worth the frustration... In your case, perhaps @online_bene can help you, if it is not too late yet.

• What did online.net say when you contacted online.net about the problem with online.net's billing?

• Damian said: What did online.net say when you contacted online.net about the problem with online.net's billing?

I opened a ticket, and they just asked me to retry and add another card, but both my card is issued by BoC, so there is no difference.
    I have requested to pay via Paypal, I know they have this method, but it is not open for new users. If failed, I think I will leave.

• @OstCollector Can you send me your ticket number?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I had that problem this month too, needed to use another CC from the same bank :/

• The same problem.

Ask to online.net support and they tell 'insufficient funds'. After 2 days, try re-pay without problem.

• Did you cross checked with your bank? I'm worrying about "Double Charged"

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited April 2015

The bank calls me every month when online.net runs it's monthly charge, they see it as fraud. I tell them it is ok to pay, they pay, and then the same thing happens again the next month.

I asked online.net if I could pay 6 months at a time to avoid this issue and they say you can't do that, you have to pay monthly.

EDIT: sorry not China. Mexico

Thanked by 1netomx
  • looks like they may need to have a different cc merchant account or processor.

@FrankZ said:
    The bank calls me every month when online.net runs it's monthly charge, they see it as fraud. I tell them it is ok to pay, they pay, and then the same thing happens again the next month.

I asked online.net if I could pay 6 months at a time to avoid this issue and they say you can't do that, you have to pay monthly.

EDIT: sorry not China. Mexico

Didn't know you were Mexican, too. I don't get a call, but got problems this month :/

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited April 2015

netomx said: Didn't know you were Mexican, too.

SI SEÑOR

Thanked by 1netomx
  • +1 Mexico

Thanked by 2netomx FrankZ

• Finally solved by managed to get a MC card.
    Also pre-paid one month in seflow to avoid such thing.
    But online.net said they don't accept pre pays. Hope everything will go well.

• @bene_online said:
    OstCollector Can you send me your ticket number?

I'm have same problem from Taiwan.
    Ticket #329136

• Problem is onlines acquirer is... shady. Not a scam, but sort of shady. They seem to process a lot of gambling and alike, thus many banks question the charge - I get a mail from mine every. single. month. (at least they stopped sending me letters).

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Yep. HSBC in the UK loved ringing me up about Onlines payments

• @William said:
    Problem is onlines acquirer is... shady. Not a scam, but sort of shady. They seem to process a lot of gambling and alike, thus many banks question the charge - I get a mail from mine every. single. month. (at least they stopped sending me letters).

Which one is it?

• jhjh Member
    edited August 2015

In the UK, some banks really go nuts with fraud protection. It's big therefore we need our overseas call centre to call you. It's online therefore we need our overseas call centre to call you. It's overseas therefore we need our overseas call centre to call you (this one makes the least sense). No, you can't have a non-contactless card.

And when they call it goes like this:

Hello, am I speaking to [full name]?

Yes.

Thank you. I need to take your full name for security.

You just gave it to me.

I have to put your name in a box on my screen. Please help me sir.

And working in a bank makes you realise just how wrong they get it so often, and how stupid most people who work there really aere. Looking to find a competent bank but so far I haven't found one.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

If you drop into their IRC (irc.online.net #online-en) and ask bene or one of the guys on there to lend you a hand then you may find that the issue gets fixed faster.

• My bank did not tell me - Only that they have a high fraud/chargeback rate from this acquirer.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • wychwych Member

My bank hates them too, even though they have been whitelisted.

• cosmicgatecosmicgate Member
    edited August 2015

Well mine sends a 3D secure code to my phone and then online.net website forwards me to my banks's secure payment site to key in the code,which finally forwards it back to online.net. Ive added 3 different cards on online.net. not a single problem with any of the card.

• Really strange. I have two online.net accounts for two different companies of mine (which both are at different banks) and never had any problem paying my bills.