Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A normal seedbox suggestion - Lowend but with approval from provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A normal seedbox suggestion - Lowend but with approval from provider

gtraxgtrax Member
edited April 2015 in Requests

Dear I sometimes share my files using private tracker for our IRC group. Most of the times I use my home office connection which is has got a 6mb upstream but sometimes I need to upload a number of files and my home office cannot be kept stuck for it. I was using a friend's dedi as a seedbox but he has stopped using it and returned it so I am looking for a seedbox which is in my range. I have an number of VPSes but most providers don't allow torrents but do allow private and personal torrents but sometime the upload exceeds 25-30mb/s so What is your suggestion. But normally I do not upload more than 50-60gb in a month so traffic is not an issue for my current providers. But as my other services are also running on VPSes do you suggest me getting a low cost seedbox, or get a Low end box from leb or let which allow personal or private tracker and use it instead.
Also suggest what is the best combo in making a torbox a guide would be helpful.

PS: Please if you know providers who allow private torrents send me the names.
average upload around 30mb/s but its for the days when I will use it which are mostly 7-10 days in a month.
Thanks

Comments

• Best would be a box from Kimsufi or online.net

Ramnode also allow private torrrents in their US locations but you need to limit it to 20mb/s I think.

I think BuyVM allow torrents also, but to be honest I've used torrents with pretty much every single provider I've ever used. As long as you don't have things seeding 24/7 and use ridiculous amounts of bandwidth, or get complaints then most won't mind or even notice.

I would avoid crissic since they seem to be really strict and I heard they monitor the boxes to see if someone is running a torrent client

• I'd personally recommend getting a dedicated server for this purpose, but if you cannot afford it, you may feel free to check out our seedbox plans - they are basically virtual private servers but with a web torrent interface as well as FTP support. The only restriction is that you don't get access to the SSH, but you can reboot your server from the control panel.

You may also use the promotional code LKZOO80O66 to receive a 15% recurring discount on the first or second seedbox plan

• gtraxgtrax Member

Thanks @hostnoob and @Verelox.
    I will check out the things. Well I do have crissic boxes but I never use them for torrents. Also i was looking towards cost relative to yearly lowend charges. so anything around $2-$3 or a yearly $15-$24 is okay. Above that I am not sure is affordable at the moment.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

You can check our latest offer here: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/47979/10gbps-kvm-ssd-storage-vps-multiple-locations-windows-linux-torrent-allowed#latest
    We have 10Gbps KVM Storage VPS, private torrents allowed.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

hostnoob said: I think BuyVM allow torrents

Correct, thanks for the mention!

Francisco