Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 x Dedicated servers required with a /29 between them, any location is fine.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2 x Dedicated servers required with a /29 between them, any location is fine.

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Hi Folks,

Looking for 2 dedicated servers for 3 months with a /29 (between them not each).

Requirements.

CPU: Literally anything that supports full virt.

Ram: 2GB Minimum, 4GB preferred

BW: 50GB is fine.. essentially hardly any after initial setup.

Port speed: 1000mbit, traffic within the /29 not counted, if you have blades that can run at 10gbit for transfer between servers that would be a huge bonus but not required.

Disk: Anything but 60 or 120GB SSD preferred but SATA anything will do fine if it keeps the price down.

IPMI or some sort of remote access would be a huge bonus but I can live without it as long as you can install according to my partition requirements.

No IPv6 required

Location: Anywhere as long as I can get under 200ms latency from the UK.

This is just as a lab, if the work takes longer than 3 months I will renew but it wont be long term.

Cheers.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Really, no one?

• @Clouvider might help :D

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • What is your budget? We can probably do something in the Netherlands for you

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited December 2016

-

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Layer said:
    @Clouvider might help :D

Thank you very much for recommending :-)!

We are in touch with Anthony, currently we don't have machines available in his bracket.

• Tagging @randvegeta

Thanked by 1randvegeta

Yeah @Clouvider only has good quality stuff, I am looking for an old pile of crap for this. :)

somewhere between $50 - $80 p/month would be ideal although I will probably end up just going for WSI or Kimsufi at this point.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016

Go for WSI - i think they even have an SSD dedi that was either 20-30 USD. I did it for a test lab, everything is great and auto reloads is a plus. Just no IPMI, plus you will the /29 for free. Kimsufis dont allow additional IPs unfortunately.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • Joe's DC just posted an AD on WHT for $20 servers - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1618497

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2016

Will indonesia - Jakarta works out for you @AnthonySmith? Just PM'ed you

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Anthony, is this budget for both machines?

Yep, Just going to get a couple of the $30 WSI servers, they are shit but that is all I need.

@winnervps I think that would be pushing it latency wise but thank you.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

We can help you with that, Location: Lithuania
    Internal vLAN, with unlimited traffic, SSD's, hardware with KVM's. Everything depends on your budget, also an additional discount if order for 3 months.

AnthonySmith said: somewhere between $50 - $80 p/month would be ideal although I will probably end up just going for WSI or Kimsufi at this point.

bacloud said: Everything depends on your budget,

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

If you havent decided yet, we can also do servers in Lithuania at US$25 each. Low latency to UK (40ms average) and using i3 servera with 500GB+ HDD and 4GB+ RAM.

/29 included

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited December 2016

@randvegeta said:
    If you havent decided yet, we can also do servers in Lithuania at US$25 each. Low latency to UK (40ms average) and using i3 servera with 500GB+ HDD and 4GB+ RAM.

What would it cost to bump the hdd to 2tb? Also, which i3?

Edit: and I wouldn't need the /29.

@Nekki,

Would need to get extra 2TB drives (which means small delay in setup time.. like 1-2 days), but it can be done.

Should have the following in stock now:

i3-2120T + 4GB RAM
    i3-3220T + 8GB RAM
    i3-3240 + 16GB RAM

Assuming you take the i3-3220T and i3-2120T, then we can do both with 2TB HDDs and 1IP each for US$60 /month, so $30 each.

• Any budget in mind ? maybe i can offer you some dual l5630 ...

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited December 2016

@cociu said:
    Any budget in mind ? maybe i can offer you some dual l5630 ...

usd 50-80

mustnice-to-have : IPMI access and /29 for both servers to belong to( + unmetered private network between them )

• I know this is not what you are asking for, but for the lab test you could probably just do with a single dedi - enable nested virtualization and create two KVM VMs on which you can experiment.

• We can offer in Romania m247 Datacenter, however, all of our servers has starting price of $80