Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sneak peek...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sneak peek...

DStroutDStrout Member
edited April 2013 in General

I have yet to like any DNS management interface I've seen, so I'm rolling my own. There might be more to it as well, but DNS is a good start.

Comments

• made in which application ? PHP or Node.Js ?

• DStroutDStrout Member
    edited April 2013

PHP and Apache. Kindly hosted by Reliable Hosting Solutions. Lots of AJAX rolled in on the front end.

• herbyscrubherbyscrub Member
    edited April 2013

Cool, is it made for a specific server in mind or will it be generic?

Also, you left your list of domains out...so I think most of the stuff you blacked out is pretty much out there.

• DStroutDStrout Member
    edited April 2013

It's made to organize all my servers (fancier that a spreadsheet :), but will (hopefully) be able to used on any server. The idea is SolusVM API integration for the servers added to it, as well as monitoring. For domains, it will link up with a BIND master also running on the box, propagating DNS out to as many slaves as you like. Basically an all-in-one domain and server manager for "regular users". I'll probably release it as donationware when I'm done (think July or August).

As to the domains - meh... Two out of four are public as-is. VPServer.co points to some DigitalOcean box I don't even have anymore. DStroutServers.com is restricted to my IP only. I'm not worried. If I was, I'd have blurred them, now wouldn't I?

• DStroutDStrout Member
    edited April 2013

I guess I learned my lesson the hard way. Though I have no way of knowing (yet) if it was because of this thread, my Apache error log file has just ballooned to 2GB. I'm compressing it for download now, and then I'll have to see what happened. service apache2 stop for now!

Edit: adding: error.log (deflated 98%) - 98% - you know what that means. A lot of duplicate messages, probably a lot of them 403 denied errors.

• @DStrout very clean and lots of potential, @DStrout said: because of: this is why I don't post my projects here, Kills me I have a few going myself