Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What kind of offers you want ? KVM / OpenVZ / Xen
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What kind of offers you want ? KVM / OpenVZ / Xen

darknessendsdarknessends Member
edited April 2013 in General

Hi guys,

This is for users, what kind of good offers would u like to see ? specifically what virtualisation are you more interested in going on with.

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

8GB KVM, 1TB disk, unmetered 10gbps port, 16 dedicated cores, $5/mo.

I'd like to see that.

Might even buy one if there was a promo code discount.

• @raindog308 said: 8GB KVM, 1TB disk, unmetered 10gbps port, 16 dedicated cores, $5/mo.

Why not unlimited?

• Actually i was not asking for specifications but what kind of virtualisation do u want more offers to be launched for.

• kandosankandosan Member
    edited April 2013

1GB memory vswap 500mb, 100mbit link, 100gb disk, 300gb disk, 500gb disk, 1TB disk, openvz, xen , Debian 6 minimal

$8 usd per month.

• @kandosan, thanks for good reply.

• BSD Jail... :D
    Just kidding, I'm too obsessed with my study about BSD.
    I think openvz can be a good solution, no oversell of course.

• wdqwdq Member

I want more KVM offers from hosts. 512MB or 1GB of memory, 1Gbps port, and reasonable disk space and bandwidth would be appealing.

• @wdq said: and reasonable disk space and bandwidth would be appealing.

What kind of values here? My expectations of "reasonable bandwidth" tend to be way different than others.

• kvm and xen as too many ovz already

• wdqwdq Member

@Damian said: What kind of values here? My expectations of "reasonable bandwidth" tend to be way different than others.

Yeah. I generally like to have let's say 500GB-1TB to be safe even though I will usually use way less than 100GB per month on any given VPS.

• @wdq said: I generally like to have let's say 500GB-1TB to be safe even though I will usually use way less than 100GB per month on any given VPS.

You and 96% of our other clients too ;)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Good thing I have been messing with KVM in my spare time then ;)

• @wdq - Everyone uses less bw, And being safe also implies that you are going to be hosted by someone who is trying to provide you with a oversold stuff - he is overselling bandwidth.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@Damian said: You and 96% of our other clients too ;)

And about that percentage of my clients as well.

I will have some new KVM deals coming in Australia soon with much more attractive data limits (100GB or so probably). Will probably have 512MB RAM at LEB price point.

• XEN and KVM

• ATHKATHK Member

@Oliver Can't wait for that! although I don't think 100GB BW will allow you to supply a LEB price..

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@ATHK said: @Oliver Can't wait for that! although I don't think 100GB BW will allow you to supply a LEB price..

Well you can pay more for it if you want, but I will be able to supply it with a LEB price. ;-) Hehe

• @AstroProfundis said: XEN and KVM

This - with decent specs. Anyone can do well-specced OpenVZ at LEB prices. In a year or two when y'all can do KVM with the same specs as a lot of current offers for the same price, my KVM/OpenVZ ratio will start leaning a lot more heavily towards KVM.

• Xen and KVM, for the same price as OpenVZ.

• HoloshedHoloshed Member
    edited April 2013

I have been messing around with KVM with Raid 10 plus flashcache and gotten some pretty decent results, going to be launching it soon with affordable prices since we need some more kvm providers.

Here is a serverbear from a demo vps: https://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/04/11/rwdJAzWLoqdWlgMj

dd if=/dev/zero of=sb-io-test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    2.81768 s, 381 MB/s

• @Holoshed said: I have been messing around with KVM with Raid 10 plus flashcache and gotten some pretty decent results, going to be launching it soon with affordable prices since we need some more kvm providers.

Where will you be launching, if I may ask?

• @mpkossen said: Where will you be launching, if I may ask?

@mpkossen Buffalo, NY

• @Holoshed: please tell me it's not colocrossing?

• I'd like to see a KVM with Autoboot™ for around $3.00 per month with more than 5GB diskspace.

• @mpkossen said: @Holoshed: please tell me it's not colocrossing?

Who else is in that area?

• I wouldn't know. Don't know if there are others.

• Xen and KVM are prefered.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said: 10gbps port

Soon ;)

• Xen or Kvm. :D

• How about Xen HVN? I'm told no overselling of RAM possible on Xen, as opposed to KVN? At two ends of the spectrum: a) low end 128-256MB RAM + 200G B/W and b) high end 1-2GB RAM + 1000-2000G B/W + SSD HDD space + standard HDD space that can configured for cache or whatever by the VPS user as needed for specific apps. Another words, none of that general SSD-cached stuff at provider level. Fair use of 4-8 CPU cores (on the high end). Say, 2GB RAM with 3 GB SSD and 50 GB HDD at <$25/3mo would be very sweet ;)