Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Short term free VPS's
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Short term free VPS's

titanicsaledtitanicsaled Member
edited December 2011 in General

Hey,

For all of you who don't know, there's a handy list here
I thought this might be handy for people that need a vps for a really short period just to test something or download files etc.

Thanked by 1Joel

Comments

• (Total 5 VPS!!!) Admin banned from this site

hahaha, oh wow

• To be honest, I find that site to be very pathetic. The majority of the users there are ‘trail hoppers’. They signup for a trial and when it ends, they move on to another trail and so on. I can’t imagine they use those VPS for legitimate reasons.
    I’m not saying everyone over there is an abuser, but it sure looks to me that the majority is..
    Just my 2 cents.

• Why not just use the Amazon free tier? I think its like 300 or 400mb RAM free for a year.

• jenokjenok Member, Host Rep

any other offer same like amazon ? :)

• "Spam? What do you mean by spam? I need free host!" (Signature from someone at that forum).
    Makes me silently cry from the inside.

• Yes, there is another one just like Amazon http://www.nephoscale.com/cloud-computing-cloud-storage-starter-package

The freevps.us site itself actually offers proper (non-trial) vps's which is based on the number of posts and reputation.

I just think that the list of free trials is also handy for people who don't want to join the forums and post.

Having said that, I do disagree with the idea behind freevps.us because you do get trail hoppers that post meaningless things just to up their post count. I think the system should be based on reputation alone.

• @titanicsaled said: I think the system should be based on reputation alone.

You'll still get posters who post randomly and/or just post garbage though. Rep alone doesn't mean much either. I know in my V7N days, my rep maxed out at the end of my first day. You'll also have folks rep'ing each other to pad their totals.

• Yeah, suppose so. I don't really like post2host at all though

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@breton said: hahaha, oh wow

It's that stupid @mtwiscool troll. Either way for long term free VPSs, check that forum ;)

• @mtwiscool said: we are trying to get vpses in so it is delayed

Sir Scam-alot, stop avoiding the question.

How is it fair to the advertisers, whom paid for those false clicks you generated, to have to pay you? How is it fair that you fraudulently generated clicks and leads, and then take that money from real businesses, quite often small businesses whom advertise online because they can't afford a TV/Radio media budget. How is it fair on those businesses you fraudulently have taken money from?

• @Freek said: "Spam? What do you mean by spam? I need free host!" (Signature from someone at that forum).

Makes me silently cry from the inside.

It's me bub. Some posts were deleted, but not this. Where's the justice here?

To Sir Scam-Alot, you won't get very far, You even said you are looking for sponsors in your very own forum,. if you were me I wouldn't use my forum for that, as it degrades reputation.