Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adaptec vs LSI?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Adaptec vs LSI?

isaaclisaacl Member
edited December 2016 in General

Haven't seen this discussed too much, so I figured I'd try a new thread -

I currently have 2 servers with 4 x 4TB drives in RAID 10 arrays, using the Adaptec 6405e cards.

I've been very happy with the cards so far, besides for the one issue that I've had with monitoring the arrays on ESXi 6.x - with the newer 2.x Storage Manager VIBs on the X9 motherboards that I have, I get aacraid errors on ESXi startup, although the older 1.x Storage Manager version worked well for a while, but it seems to have stopped working with ESXi 6.5.

My server provider offered to switch out the cards for LSI 9260-4i cards, but I've had a few issues with LSI cards the few times I've used them, and I have no idea how well the monitoring works.

Any recommendations on which card is best, and if I should just stick with the Adaptec 6405e's, or switch to the LSI 9260-4i's?

And curious on how the cards/manufacturers compare in general...

Thanks a lot!