Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About mKS Kimsufi
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About mKS Kimsufi

johnlth93johnlth93 Member
edited April 2013 in General

I wanted to know if anyone have experience with them using VPN or Seedbox on their kimsufi dedicated server, price is very tempting to be honest. But there are so much bad comments about them so i am wondering if any can shed some light on this.

Thanks

Comments

• BogdacutuuBogdacutuu Member
    edited April 2013

I used to have the mKS 2G, used as VPN + Seedbox, network is great.

• @johnlth93 said: I wanted to know if anyone have experience with them using VPN

Somebody hits you with a 1Gbps+ DDoS attack for a few dollars from our friends at HF and OVH kicks you out. I've seen this happen similarly to other VPN providers who rent hardware

Rinse, wash and repeat.

• @doughmanes said: DDoS attack for a few dollars from our friends at HF and OVH kicks you out

Yea i heard about that also
    That's kinda cruel

• You offer free VPN hosting = you won't last very long with a reputable provider.

• kandosankandosan Member
    edited April 2013

long term user ovh, switched to burstnet

ovh have become weird, look at their 4.99 package vs 9.99 why does 4.99 have more memory and more disk space, but 9.99 less memory and less storage space ?

i don't understand ovh

if you want your seedbox to act like put.io pm me, ill install my project on your vps for free. its called kandosan. :D

here is cheaper, if your in UK
    http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/kimsufi.xml

• Kimsufi is perfect for seedbox. VPN is ehh as long as you don't get hit with a DDoS.

Honestly, just be smart with your use and they won't mind. Don't cause any problems for them and they won't care. Become a problem for them and cause them to lose money, they'll kick you to the curb.

• @HalfEatenPie said: VPN is ehh as long as you don't get hit with a DDoS.

Why would your personal VPN ever get hit with a DDoS unless you are doing something stupid.

• there's a 4.99 package?

• @skirtTight yes they call it classic LOL, never heard such a thing for the past 2 years with them lol

http://www.ovh.co.uk/vps/vps-classic.xml

• @rds100 said: Why would your personal VPN ever get hit with a DDoS unless you are doing something stupid.

Or join an IRC channel and say the wrong thing

I am using kimsufi server for personal vpn because I am moving to different locations often and the security of the network is not guaranteed, and because my home ISP has poor connections to many locations. It is working well for my use, never down, cheap, fast.

• @rds100 said: Why would your personal VPN ever get hit with a DDoS unless you are doing something stupid.

OP's sig, perhaps?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I use the mks kimsurf for backups, the network is great, its 100Mbit dedicated bandwidth, I have been pushing 11.2MB/s for the last 24 hours no problem :)

The person using it could be a total idiot. Its always a possibility. Relax

• @HalfEatenPie said: The person using it could be a total idiot. Its always a possibility. Relax

If it's a public VPN service then yes, i can fully uderstand. I thought this was a VPN for your own personal use only, not for sale. Sorry for the confusion :)

• johnlth93johnlth93 Member
    edited April 2013

@HalfEatenPie said: Kimsufi is perfect for seedbox. VPN is ehh as long as you don't get hit with a DDoS.

Honestly, just be smart with your use and they won't mind.

Great, that's all i needed to hear =)
    Thanks