Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Setting up OpenStatus
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Setting up OpenStatus

FreekFreek Member
edited December 2011 in Help

Right, So I'm trying to setup OpenStatus on my LEB, but once again my Linux skills are lacking.
I followed the complete process described here; http://openstatus.nickmoeck.com/install
I was unsure which one to install (server or client) so Installed the server one.
Step6 is giving me headaches. I edited my nginx config file (in the sites-enabled folder) exactly like the example configuration, but it is giving me a 404 Not Found.
I guess it has something to do that I need to replace 'SCRIPTNAME' with the name of the/a script.. but with what?
Also, I now have my nginx setup that way that I can only use it as OpenStatus. Can I add that configuration script just below the default 'server' configuration? (I hope you get what I mean).

Thanks!

Comments

• Post your nginx config file here, wrap it in < pre > tags.

• NickMNickM Member
    edited December 2011

OpenStatus Server goes on the server that's going to monitor your other servers. OpenStatus Client goes on the servers that you want to monitor.

As for your nginx config file - you don't have to replace SCRIPT_FILENAME with anything. For a basic setup, that configuration can be copied directly, replacing openstatus.yourdomain.com with a domain or subdomain that is pointed to your server. If you don't have a domain or subdomain pointed to your server and want to just use the IP address of the server instead, you can omit the entire "server_name" line.

If you have other sites being served up by nginx, I recommend putting openstatus' config in a separate configuration file, and using a subdomain. It's a bit messy to put openstatus in a subdirectory, such as yourdomain.com/openstatus/ right now because I have hard-coded some paths, which causes some stuff to not work correctly (but that will be fixed in the next release).