Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$30/mo dedi? Less than $300/yr ideally in Canada
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$30/mo dedi? Less than $300/yr ideally in Canada

DustlabDustlab Member
edited December 2016 in Requests

Looking to replace the following, currently in Atlanta but would accept alternate North American locations. Can pay quarterly or annually. Thanks

Dual Xeon E5420, 16GB, 1TB, 5TB bw, /29.

Comments

• VortexMagnusVortexMagnus Member
    edited December 2016

If you can hold off until January, we will have servers in this spec and price range in Mississauga, Ontario.

Or if you need something right now, I can do you an E3, 16GB RAM, 1TB HD, 10TB Bandwidth in Los Angeles for $34.95/mo or $90/quarter.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016
    E3-1240v2
    32GB RAM
    2x 1TB HDD
    10TB Bandwidth
    /28 IPv4

Located in Buffalo, NY - so pretty close to Canada. Better processor, and double the rest of your requirements. If you're interested, send me a private message. We had a promotion running for $30/mo and I may be able to offer that pricing for you, after checking stock levels. Otherwise regular pricing is $441/yr. Using a promotion code (we have a couple that work for the server) you can bring it down close to $350/yr.

Thanked by 1willie
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@Durstlab both providers are pretty awesome! I tend to lean towards @VirMach as I've had nothing but a good experience with them.

• Just got a server from @VortexMagnus in Buffalo NY also, waiting to get it set up. They use ColoCrossing DC similar to @VirMach, so overall they're very similar in specs/network.

• VirMach said: Located in Buffalo, NY - so pretty close to Canada. Better processor, and double the rest of your requirements. If you're interested, send me a private message. We had a promotion running for $30/mo and I may be able to offer that pricing for you, after checking stock levels. Otherwise regular pricing is $441/yr. Using a promotion code (we have a couple that work for the server) you can bring it down close to $350/yr.

Check your PM, please :)

• Thanks guys, I'll be pm'ing @VortexMagnus and @VirMach to talk further ;D

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Our Buffalo facility benefits from TORIX peering, so most Canadians, especially those around Toronto will ping very low to our datacenter. :)

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

@jbiloh I have sent you msg , could you please have a look in it ?

• Eh, wasn't the case a few years ago @jbiloh :P

(I had sub-par speeds to CC Buffalo)

• Been watching, I'd like the virmach server but yet to see any working coupon codes for months now.

• DedispecDedispec Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016

We'll have a 5520 w/ 48GB and 2TB (or 240GB SSD) near that price annually at some point this week. Potentially an L5630/L5640 near there too. Could definitely do a 5420 though if you don't need that high of specs. They are in West Virginia.

• @Dedispec said:
    We'll have a 5520 w/ 48GB and 2TB (or 240GB SSD) near that price annually at some point this week. Potentially an L5630/L5640 near there too. Could definitely do a 5420 though if you don't need that high of specs. They are in West Virginia.

I'd need dual l5640's. You could provide me half ram, I couldn't care less . Please tell me free incoming bw