Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

virmach launch new server location :San Jose
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

virmach launch new server location :San Jose

zhuyijunzhuyijun Member
edited December 2016 in General

Comments

• Virmach owns their own DC ?

• so this 'new datacenter' got ipv6? like their advertisement "where available"?

• they launched a server at Colocrossing San Jose, not a datacenter.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • Data center in the sense they now lease space from ColoCrossing in San Jose. So they haven't launched a data center at all.

• ok, guys , has corrected my saying

• @Dextronox said:
    Data center in the sense they now lease space from ColoCrossing in San Jose. So they haven't launched a data center at all.

CC was full in San Jose. No colo space available.

• @VortexMagnus said:

@Dextronox said:
    Data center in the sense they now lease space from ColoCrossing in San Jose. So they haven't launched a data center at all.

Well, the IP address for the looking glass is owned by ColoCrossing, so something's up.

• @Dextronox said:

@VortexMagnus said:

@Dextronox said:

Well, the IP address for the looking glass is owned by ColoCrossing, so something's up.

VPS servers.

• seems no promo yet so far

• @Dextronox said:

@VortexMagnus said:

@Dextronox said:

Can still rent CC server stock there, but they're certainly full in colo terms.

• edited December 2016

@mtsbatalha said:

@Dextronox said:

@VortexMagnus said:

@Dextronox said:

VPS servers.

@VortexMagnus said:

@Dextronox said:

@VortexMagnus said:

@Dextronox said:

Can still rent CC server stock there, but they're certainly full in colo terms.

I was under the illusion VirMach owned all their equipment. Guess not.

• They had this location for sometime already (at least I saw this location during black friday, not on sale however). Does anyone know which facility this is in? And the peering info? Definitely an interesting location.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@TheOnlyDK said:
    They had this location for sometime already (at least I saw this location during black friday, not on sale however). Does anyone know which facility this is in? And the peering info? Definitely an interesting location.

I'd assume still with EGI in Market St. EGI's network is/was heavily HE but I know at some point Jon mentioned having some of his own mix in place.

I doubt they picked up anything 'new', it's likely like ChicagoVPS when they opened a spot there - it's just selling left over dedi's. Unless one of the government divisions let the building the place was more or less sold out with the rare handful of racks here/there.

Francisco

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:
    I'd assume still with EGI in Market St. EGI's network is/was heavily HE but I know at some point Jon mentioned having some of his own mix in place.

I think everyone in the bay has some HE in their blend :P If you look at folks like DO/Linode/etc though, you'll see a lot of Telia as well - I'm mostly seeing GTT though on the looking glass posted. Also definitely with EGI, seeing EGI IPs on certain (mostly peering) routes.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Harambe said:
    I think everyone in the bay has some HE in their blend :P If you look at folks like DO/Linode/etc though, you'll see a lot of Telia as well - I'm mostly seeing GTT though on the looking glass posted. Also definitely with EGI, seeing EGI IPs on certain (mostly peering) routes.

I don't mean that as a good or bad thing, I personally don't have many issues with HE. I'm just saying, people wanted to know the mix and that's likely the majority of the mix.

Francisco

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:

I don't mean that as a good or bad thing, I personally don't have many issues with HE. I'm just saying, people wanted to know the mix and that's likely the majority of the mix.

Francisco

I know :) I don't have a hate-on for HE either, they serve a purpose in the market. Definitely possible it makes up a majority of the mix, but also seeing a good amount of GTT.