Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MJ12 NODE - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MJ12 NODE

2»

Comments

• @HalfEatenPie said: @Damian has tons of scripts to automate everything. He even has automated script written to help trim his fantastic beard with nothing but a toothbrush and a chipmunk.

0_0

• I hear even Chuck Norris is jealous of @Damian's beard.

True story.

• @MrAndroid said: You wrote a script to automate this?

Yes.

@HalfEatenPie said: @Damian has tons of scripts to automate everything.

Yes.

@HalfEatenPie said: He even has automated script written to help trim his fantastic beard with nothing but a toothbrush and a chipmunk.

Yes.

• @Damian said: Yes.

YOU GOT RID OF FREDERICK?! (Frederick is the chipmunk's name)

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited April 2013

Do you mind sharing some?

You still owe me for leaving me over @HalfEatenPie.

• Would love to see the renice script @Damian

• @Damian said: I guess I don't really know how to explain more... on our nodes, processes using excessive CPU are automatically renice'd progressively to 5, 10, 19 as written in our AUP/TOS. The MC server processes usually get reniced to 5, and then I don't see it progress further, and we don't receive complaints from the MC server operators.

Ohh... I don't see any difference in CPU usage for over a year. Might be because it is hard to spot any difference with over 100MC servers on 1 node.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited April 2013

@MrAndroid said: Do you mind sharing some?

@24khost said: Would love to see the renice script

I will not be able to share it... while I do release some of our things, this is one of our "core" items, one of the things that sets us apart from others; a "trade secret" if you will.

You haven't seen forum posts complaining about IPXcore; this is one of the things that make that happen.

It's been cultivated over our entire existence through many iterations into an extremely durable system that doesn't cause complaints, either by insuring that people's processes don't effect other people, or decisively renicing processes to keep them usable.

Alternatively, you know that it uses nice; write your own :) Management is paramount; not proactively managing OpenVZ is a good way to ensure that your customers hate you.

• why reinvent the wheel?

• @Damian

I always wondered how your vps'es always felt so fast. And that with only 96M and hundreds other people. I just found the answer :)

• @24khost said: Found this.

So did we. As it's ~7 years old, it was completely confused when implemented on an OpenVZ server.

• RophRoph Member

43 posts and nobody mentions Deus Ex? I'm disappointed in you guys.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited April 2013

@Roph said: nobody mentions Deus Ex?

ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
    >ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
    >>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
    >>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
    >>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
    >>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
    >>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
    >>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
    >>>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
    >>>>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
    >>>>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
    >RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
    RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!

• 24k said "Would love to see the renice script"
    Damian said "this is one of our "core" items, one of the things that sets us apart from others; a "trade secret" if you will."
    24k said "why reinvent the wheel?"

I tried the "why invent the wheel" logic on Coke and they still wouldn't give me the formula for Coca-Cola classic. The bastards!

• @24khost said: why reinvent the wheel?

Its reasonable he has his own reasons and honestly its reasonable.

I wish I will be as cool as @Damian when I grow up!

• @HalfEatenPie said: I wish I will be as cool as @Damian when I grow up!