Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

time4vps slow transfer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

time4vps slow transfer

Does anyone else notice really slow transfer from time4vps?

I'm using scp to move some files away but i'm getting 1.8MB/s Doesn't seem to go any higher than that, Is it just me?

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016

Transferring across the world or no? I had a time4vps server about half a year ago and I think the average speed from Lithuania to the east coast U.S. was 4-5MB/s.

• transferring to hetzner in germany. seem posts where people suggest 30-40MB/s but nowhere near that tonight

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@elofty said:
    transferring to hetzner in germany. seem posts where people suggest 30-40MB/s but nowhere near that tonight

Oh, well that definitely isn't normal. Can't help ya, best luck would be giving them a trace.

• Did you open a support ticket? Usually that helps...

• I've never gotten 30+ MB/s from Time4vps to Hetzner. Usually it starts out relatively slow, like 2-5 MB/s, but speeds up over time, eventually reaching 15-20MB/s with occasional dips. I've sometimes wondered what the cause of that is.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • maybe they are doing traffic shaping?

• I've never seen anything less than 100mbit sustained from my Kimsufi in Gravelines. (one way traffic 99%)

• I don't think kimsufi has anything to do with time4vps.

• Apologies if my Kimsufi comment wasn't clear in indicating, that I was moving data to time4vps.

OP seems to have opposite scenario.

Thanked by 1willie
  • 3.7mbps max to Southeast Asia.

Good enough for me, considering it is just a storage server.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

MikeA said: Oh, well that definitely isn't normal. Can't help ya, best luck would be giving them a trace.

if node is oversold resources is definitely normal. What do you expect? I am surprised that no one complain about CPU processes being terminated on their VMs.

• Yes, normally I also notice slow transfers from time4vps when connecting to other servers outside Lithuania.

It seems their network inside Lithuania is great almost reaching the 400 Mbps limit. But outside Lithuania is another different story... bad peering and network carriers i guess

Anyway for the price...

• found the bottleneck was the service I was moving too. basically moving from 1 bad to another bad (hetzner storage box)

Ordered a server from them instead and its up at 15MB/s