Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enterprise quality cpanel hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Enterprise quality cpanel hosting?

Hi all. Hope everyone is well. Wanted to find some recommendations on cpanel shared and reseller providers that are reputable and stable enough to be used for sites that need to have a very stable uptime. Appreciate any help and suggestions. Thank you!

Comments

• Which Location ?

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@doughnet said:
    Hi all. Hope everyone is well. Wanted to find some recommendations on cpanel shared and reseller providers that are reputable and stable enough to be used for sites that need to have a very stable uptime. Appreciate any help and suggestions. Thank you!

Hello there,

We can offer you 30days no-obligations trial for our hosting packages here: https://www.hetnix.com/webhosting.xml

If you're happy, you renew.

Please let me know if you're interested in this. :)

Thank you.

• Hi,

Unitedhosting.com is a good provider.

Regards,

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@doughnet said:

Try SSD Hosting - UK Server - Uptime is about 99.99% and we also take daily and monthly backup.

• You won't be disappointed with https://buyshared.net/

@Francisco is very reputable and knowledgeable

Thanked by 1Jorbox
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016

Have a look at these Cloud Hosting offers here. It runs on our HA OnApp Cloud :-).

• Thank you all for the suggestions/comments. I regret not adding more details. I'm interested in finding out providers that have high availability (so a hardware failure won't mean sites will go down).

Also looking for USA or Canada only for hosting.

I have a personal usage account with buyvm/buyshared which is great but they don't provide details about being high availability.

@Cloudvider
    I'll look at your recommendation; thanks.

• @doughnet maybe get a high availability anycast dns like dnsmadeeasy and add a secondary dns provider if mission critical. You can then have a a failover ip with rapid switch over. On the server side you could take your buyshared and then maybe add a clouvider? Then if one drops the other takes over. Or in the USA you could do a digital ocean/lightsail combo and run your own cpanels?

• @OhMyMy said:
    @doughnet maybe get a high availability anycast dns like dnsmadeeasy and add a secondary dns provider if mission critical. You can then have a a failover ip with rapid switch over. On the server side you could take your buyshared and then maybe add a clouvider? Then if one drops the other takes over. Or in the USA you could do a digital ocean/lightsail combo and run your own cpanels?

Thank's for the insight and ideas. I was trying to avoid as much of my own time/maintenance as possible; but that sounds like a great method!

• MaherMaher Member
    edited December 2016

Hello there,
    We offer entreprise grade hardware for all of our CPanel hosting.
    For Entreprise and Extreme package you'll receive a free .co domain if you purchase it on a yearly billing cycle.
    Also your website will have DDoS Protection of up to 500Gbps with 24/7 monitoring
    https://sharpservers.net/webhosting

• @sharp_servers if I pull the power plug on your server - what happens next? if you have dual A/B power properly configured - what happens when I pull the plug on both? Is your high availability just good hardware and a promise? or is the server mirrored with failover ip?

• @OhMyMy said:
    @sharp_servers if I pull the power plug on your server - what happens next? if you have dual A/B power properly configured - what happens when I pull the plug on both? Is your high availability just good hardware and a promise? or is the server mirrored with failover ip?

Those are the questions I'm interesting in finding out about when I mention enterprise grade

• MaherMaher Member
    edited December 2016

@OhMyMy said:
    @sharp_servers if I pull the power plug on your server - what happens next? if you have dual A/B power properly configured - what happens when I pull the plug on both? Is your high availability just good hardware and a promise? or is the server mirrored with failover ip?

The datacenter has high security and surveillance cameras, additional power generator for 48hours if there's a power shortage, and the server is backed up daily and uses Raid 10.
    a /27 subnet is routed to the server.
    If you wish to have a trial of our service then just request it.

• @sharp_servers so its not high availability. If I pull the plug your server is down until you reboot server. IE there is no live replica to fail over to. What you describe is standard datacenter security and standard server build out. Do you have redundant power to the rack? Probably not. Do you have redundant servers in different data center, probably not. Hence not high availability.

• @OhMyMy said:
    @sharp_servers so its not high availability. If I pull the plug your server is down until you reboot server. IE there is no live replica to fail over to. What you describe is standard datacenter security and standard server build out. Do you have redundant power to the rack? Probably not. Do you have redundant servers in different data center, probably not. Hence not high availability.

You are describing an impossible action dear friend, we use entreprise hardware which means it consists of high end hardware and guaranteed high uptime unless if there's a critical situation out of our hand.

Once again try it before judging it...

• OhMyMyOhMyMy Member
    edited December 2016

@sharp_servers Power goes out everywhere dear friend - even at google and AWS. So - do you have redundant power to rack? to server? to router? The answer appears to be no. When I say pull the plug dear friend its so the concept of no power to server is clear. You say that cant happen - I say it can. Rogue employee can pull power. You do not have a high availability set up and you can say just try it for ever- it simply is not high availability. And high availability network architecture is to compensate for that which is out of your hands. You have none of this

• @OhMyMy said:
    @sharp_servers Power goes out everywhere dear friend - even at google and AWS. So - do you have redundant power to rack? to server? to router? The answer appears to be no. When I say pull the plug dear friend its so the concept of no power to server is clear. You say that cant happen - I say it can. Rogue employee can pull power. You do not have a high availability set up and you can say just try it for ever- it simply is not high availability. And high availability network architecture is to compensate for that which is out of your hands. You have none of this

That's why the DC provides a backup power generator that can power up the servers up to 48hours in the situations of power shortage.

• OhMyMyOhMyMy Member
    edited December 2016

@sharp_servers you do not understand. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-availability_cluster YOU DO NOT HAVE HIGH AVAILABILITY BECAUSE THEY HAVE A GENERATOR

• Aside from clouvider it doesn't seem like anyone has mentioned an actual enterprise grade cpanel host that has high availability.

• @Foul said:
    You won't be disappointed with https://buyshared.net/

I would not recommend buyshared for enterprise, or even a moderately active production site.

It's an amazing product at an amazing price, but let's not forget that it's still budget hosting, and as such it has issues common among budget hosts. My account for example averages around 99.5% for the last 12 or so months. It has gone below 99.0% too once or twice.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@PepeSilvia said:

@Foul said:

I would not recommend buyshared for enterprise, or even a moderately active production site.

It's an amazing product at an amazing price, but let's not forget that it's still budget hosting, and as such it has issues common among budget hosts. My account for example averages around 99.5% for the last 12 or so months. It has gone below 99.0% too once or twice.

You on a CentOS 7 based node? :(

Francisco

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

doughnet said: Aside from clouvider it doesn't seem like anyone has mentioned an actual enterprise grade cpanel host that has high availability.

You may want to look at someone like WiredTree or KnownHost or someone of that caliber.

• PepeSilviaPepeSilvia Member
    edited December 2016

@Francisco said:

@PepeSilvia said:

@Foul said:

Francisco

Yah lv-shared03 :(

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@PepeSilvia said:

@Francisco said:

@PepeSilvia said:

@Foul said:

Francisco

Yah lv-shared03 :(

I need to reach out to more companies to see if it's just something I'm doing wrong or if it's still a known issue. Litespeed randomly just...dies until its told to restart. I've had to chop back how often cpsrvd checks things just to smooth it out some.

Our CentOS 6 nodes don't do that at all. Drives me nuts.

Francisco

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • PepeSilviaPepeSilvia Member
    edited December 2016

@Francisco No worries man. I use it to host sites that get pretty much no traffic, but just need to be online. cPanel/WHM makes things really easy. The server is blazing fast, no issues with the performance. The price is more than fair!

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • What is the preferred location? What is your monthly budget?

@doughnet said:

• OhMyMyOhMyMy Member
    edited December 2016

@eurospace read all the comments very slowly. He is looking for us or ca. Also he is looking for high availability. Your site doesnt talk about redundant anything. You a lso havent even taken the time to register as provider.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

eurospace said: What is the preferred location? What is your monthly budget?

Did you check the offer forum?

You get lost on the way to WHT? :P

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • I believe the requestor would like a managed service where there is auto failover to another location should one be impacted.

This should be best handled as a managed service.

High availability in the hosting world is different than high availability at a hardware level.

High availability in a hosting world is where the site stays up despite failures at multiple points.

While a provider can use reliable hardware designed for being online 24/7 it is not the same as having a high availinilty website where an attack on the dns, provider, isp etc are not enough to take it down. As there is redundant locations, server, DNs isp.
    He is after a failover like system that fails over to a backup of whatever fails.

• @cmsjr123 said:
    I believe the requestor would like a managed service where there is auto failover to another location should one be impacted.

This should be best handled as a managed service.

High availability in the hosting world is different than high availability at a hardware level.

High availability in a hosting world is where the site stays up despite failures at multiple points.

While a provider can use reliable hardware designed for being online 24/7 it is not the same as having a high availinilty website where an attack on the dns, provider, isp etc are not enough to take it down. As there is redundant locations, server, DNs isp.
    He is after a failover like system that fails over to a backup of whatever fails.

True; but was curious what was available as high availability that use cpanel.