Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seattle colocation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seattle colocation

Looking for a 1U colo in Seattle area, best price offer I can find.

• 1U/1.5 A
  • Network 100mbit or higher

I have a low power 1U server:

It looks like a configuration I would use (typical) idle is measured
at 74.1 watts and 127.2 watts at full load.

dell.com/downloads/global/products/pedge/en/Dell-PowerEdge-R320-350W-E5-2440-Family-PPDS.pdf

Ideally between 20-40$ a month.

Comments

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2016

Doubt you'll find it unless you get a really really good deal from someone looking to fill 1U. Not a budget colo location.

We have 1U/1A @ 208/10TB @ GigE for $65-ish on a longer billing term and that's a pretty good deal for the Westin. If you look at folks like Wowrack you might be able to come in slightly cheaper, but 1U/1A is probably $45-50, additional power will add at least $15/m.

• I would suggest @StealthyHosting - great guy.

• StealthyHostingStealthyHosting Member, Host Rep

Thank you @IthinkUfailed for the recommendation :)

@discord
    What kind bandwidth commitment or allocation are you looking for on a 100mbps/1000mbps port?

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed
  • @Harambe 127.2 watts at full load, according to Dell's spec above. Do I need 1.5 A, or maybe just 1A. I don't think I'll be running past 1A.

I wasn't sure about power so I calculated (120 watts) / (120
    volts) = 1 ampere.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@discord said:
    @Harambe 127.2 watts at full load, according to Dell's spec above. Do I need 1.5 A, or maybe just 1A. I don't think I'll be running past 1A.

volts) = 1 ampere.

For colo you'll generally get 1A @ 110, so 110W.. You might be able to get away with 1A assuming you're not blasting that CPU at 100%. Chat with @StealthyHosting and see what they can offer. I think @SpartanHost also does some Seattle colo.

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

@Harambe said:

@discord said:
    @Harambe 127.2 watts at full load, according to Dell's spec above. Do I need 1.5 A, or maybe just 1A. I don't think I'll be running past 1A.

volts) = 1 ampere.

For colo you'll generally get 1A @ 110, so 110W.. You might be able to get away with 1A assuming you're not blasting that CPU at 100%. Chat with @StealthyHosting and see what they can offer. I think @SpartanHost also does some Seattle colo.

We do in deed and are happy to negotiate on pricing, especially if DDoS protection is needed, thanks for the mention!

• @StealthyHosting I emailed you last night. To start out I don't expect to use much bandwidth at all. Probably less than 1 TB a month. Can you reply to my email with some offers?

• @SpartanHost I'm accepting offers so feel free to message me or similar.

• ColoInSeattle/WowRack is an option.