Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB in The Netherlands with standard port speed of 1Gbps?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB in The Netherlands with standard port speed of 1Gbps?

FreekFreek Member
edited December 2011 in Providers

What providers sell LowEndBoxes in The Netherlands with a standard portspeed of 1Gbps?
I know InceptionHosting does (I currently have 1 with Anthony, very satisfied so far). PreFiber, Alvotech.de, First Line Network and DotVPS.net as well.

VML-IT also does, but it costs 4 euros a month extra.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• You actually answered your question :P

@Freek said: PreFiber, Alvotech.de, First Line Network and DotVPS.net as well.

I have experience with alvotech, Prefiber and VML-IT. Alvotech is one of the healthy german lowend businesses, they give you a good service and a great customer support. Prefiber is like a robot they have everything automated, but if you need support forget it. And WML-IT I used to ask them whether they can activate me GRE module for PPTP VPN and said yes, but when I signed up they couldn't deliver.

(InceptionHosting is really great, maybe you could buy your second box there aswell?)

• Thanks for the reply. Alrighty then. InceptionHosting uses Xen, unlike all of the others above (OpenVZ). I like Xen more than OpenVZ due to the fact you can't oversell Xen nodes (that easy..)

• Alvotech uses vServer and is great in my experience. Also not oversold afaik.

Prefiber sucks imo. Worst speed and support ever.

• Have heard bad things about PreFiber indeed. Moreover, they haven't had any stock for the past 2 weeks anyway.
    Bad thing about Alvotech is the longterm prepay.

• VmlITVmlIT Member
    edited December 2011

@Freek We are offering free Gbit Port on our 256MB Plan at the moment and Double RAM Promo till 31-12-2011 - Order and Submit Ticket.

@Christian: Can you tell me who refused PPTP VPN (We only refuse if its on the 128 or Iron Plan).

• Alvotech leb deal is for 6 months but promo is over i think.
    The regular plans are prepaid for 3 or 6 months, but you can ask your money for remaining months refunded if you cancel your plan afaik.

• Pyramid has VPSes in the Netherlands but I don't know what their port speed is:

http://pyramidserver.com/vps

Disclaimer: I have a freebee with them.

Their last offer I believe:

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/carstensz-pyramid-server-7-512mb-kvm-vps-in-asheville-france-or-netherlands/

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Hi Freek,

Thanks for the mention, you might want to check out yourwebhoster.eu they provide 1gbit servers and they are fairly bomb proof, I have one with them myself (ironic I know) but you cant go far wrong with them.

• FreekFreek Member
    edited December 2011

Thanks guys, I know enough for now!

@AnthonySmith that is indeed ironic ;) I suppose you use it as off-site backupspace?

• @Freek said: @AnthonySmith that is indeed ironic ;) I suppose you use it ass off-site backupspace?

love the "ass" typo, are you probably Dutch too?

• @djvdorp Whoopsie! Fat fingers. Yes I am Dutch :)

• @Freek hehe awesome, me too ;)

• I don't know whether to like Freek for the "ass" comment or strangle him for having a gravatar with the Hoff in it. :P

• FreekFreek Member
    edited January 2012

;) J/K

• Here I thought when Baywatch died I would never have to see him again. :P

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@freek nope not for offsite backups, we have a UK dedi for that, I have had this for ages, it always helps to have a VPS to test stuff offsite though :)