Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Domain Auctioning Issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Domain Auctioning Issue

HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
edited April 2013 in General

Ok LET, we need to have a talk.

Domain auctioning and purchasing on LET hasn't been working out for a while.

These are the current rules:

Domain Auctions & Sales

• Auction Start/Reserve price can not be set above $7
• All bids must be public and made in the domain auction topic.
• Members can only list 1 domain auction thread per 30 days
• All domain auction threads are set to "sink" after 24 hours so replies no longer bump them to the top of the forum.
• Members must have 25 posts and have been registered for 7 days to be allowed to list a domain sale.
• Domain needs to be at least 6 Months Old.

But seriously, who follows them right now? When we have new people join some of them go immediately to the domain auction thread and then go "oops sorry, jk lol mods please delete/close/crap on". Then sometimes they just give it away to a friend (http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/9666/domain-auction-neonvm.com-tichosting.comnet) after starting the auction. Or they just don't deliver/feel their investment in the domain isn't worth the price they got.

This. Is. Getting. Annoying.

I propose we discuss a new way to prevent the things above from happening. Like I've seen so many other people get totally screwed in this domain purchasing that its just gotten annoying. Maybe change some wordings to make it easier for those who can't understand the rules at its current state.

Comments

• user123user123 Member
    edited April 2013

I like pie. What flavor is your uneaten half? crosses fingers for pecan

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

I think the current rules are fine but we should have a one strike rule so if you break one of them you can never post another one EVER.

Same goes for bidders. If you win and don't pay or no longer want it you don't get to bid on another domain EVER.

One strike rules seem to be the only way. If you give people enough chances they will abuse them.

• My biggest gripe with domain auctions is people very rarely put the specific date and time the auction will end.

"This auction will end in 3 days" only tells me the day, give me a time!

I've also have won two auctions on here, but then the buyer backed out of selling. I'm not a huge fan of selling domains on here anyhow because you can usually get a better price over at WHT if you don't mind waiting for someone to stumble upon the thread who is willing to pay what you want.

• @trewq said: One strike rules seem to be the only way.

I personally think a two-strike rules. As in a repeated offender gets permanently prohibited from bidding/selling, but the first one's fine.

@MannDude said: I'm not a huge fan of selling domains on here anyhow because you can usually get a better price over at WHT if you don't mind waiting for someone to stumble upon the thread who is willing to pay what you want.

Funny thing, I still have yet to do anything with that domain I've purchased from you a while back.

• @HalfEatenPie said: Funny thing, I still have yet to do anything with that domain I've purchased from you a while back.

What domain would that be? To be honest, I had forgotten I had sold you a domain.

I've got some good ones in the bag now.

• @MannDude said: What domain would that be? To be honest, I had forgotten I had sold you a domain.

My people will talk to your people

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@HalfEatenPie said: I personally think a two-strike rules. As in a repeated offender gets permanently prohibited from bidding/selling, but the first one's fine.

Two strike works as well in this instance and still allows for quality domains to be sold if the seller simply made a mistake however it would take time to manage who has strikes and who doesn't. I guess we could have a page on the wiki with names of people and their strike count with only "trusted" members or moderators having access to edit it.