Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMbox.co 1.5 year review.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMbox.co 1.5 year review.

I found vmbox.co to be a decent host for the first year, they never seemed to be oversold and the service was acceptable, however during the last 5 months i have been plagued with my cPanel server which only host 11 sites at 3gb of storage and minimal dynamic content to have such slow I/O that the chkserv system HANG would go off 40 to 60 times a day, I broguht this to their attnetion about the I/O being totally overloaded and my tickets generally went unanswered and some have still been open for 37 days now.

This review is based on hosting a basic cpanel server and how well they were able to handle it, like i said for the first year the AMS-2 node had only minor problems, last going off accesing a link in WHM took roughly 12-30 sec for at least 2 months straight with tickets being left in limbo.

I have since moved the exact clientele to a new provider and experience average loads of 0.2 vs he 7.0+ on vmbox, I'm happy to have moved due to obvious reasons.

They seemed to be a good company at first but now I simply cannot suggest them based on obvious reasons.

My 2cents

Comments

• same experience here, I only took it 2 months ago and already moved clients away.

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

Sorry for your bad experience, we had added additional nodes and removed some customers abusing disk I/O service should be back up to the standard you expect now. If you wish to try us again, let me know and we'll sort you something out for your trouble.

• @VMbox said:
    Sorry for your bad experience, we had added additional nodes and removed some customers abusing disk I/O service should be back up to the standard you expect now. If you wish to try us again, let me know and we'll sort you something out for your trouble.

I wouldnt mind getting my credit balance refunded thats about all you could offer, because when the nodes went up and down for 6 months nobody there cared.

Please send me a PM with your email address used at signup.

• @VMbox said:

Did tickets really go unanswered for more than 30 days? That's the only thing in here interesting me.

edited December 2016

@tr1cky said:

@VMbox said:

Did tickets really go unanswered for more than 30 days? That's the only thing in here interesting me.

The last ticket we received was a request to move to annual billing. Which we quoted.

The ticket before that was saying his VM was offline. Ticket was closed by client within a hour. We also have no logs that hostnode was offline at this time.

23/10/2016 16:37 Closed by Client
    23/10/2016 14:54 New Support Ticket Opened.