Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ask: Dedicated for Host 50 Windows VM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ask: Dedicated for Host 50 Windows VM

Hi..

I need 50 windows vps with min 2gb of ram, 2 cpu, 15gb hdd/ssd for each VM.

How about:

1. Buy to some seller/provider. This is the simplest way and no waste time
  2. Purchase and build them from a dedicated server. So I can full control it
  3. If I choose no.2, What model CPU and all of the spec dedicated which can host 50 VM windows.
  4. Any recomend where I should to buy or may be any offer from you?
  5. Last...Which cheaper between point 1 and 2?

Comments

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited December 2016

Dont forget the IP addresses! For what you are planning you will need IPs from different blocks ?

• @xphones said:
    Hi..

I need 50 windows vps with min 2gb of ram, 2 cpu, 15gb hdd/ssd for each VM.

What's your budget ? Do you need dedicated cpu cores ? What clock speed ? I would recommend to rent dedicated servers because it's cheaper and you have more control about the complete system.

• What are you going to use this server for?

• @JoeMerit said:
    Dont forget the IP addresses! For what you are planning you will need IPs from different blocks ?

Yes offcourse.. but for cut the cost, some VM wil be control under console is ok

@Naxid said:

What's your budget ? Do you need dedicated cpu cores ? What clock speed ? I would recommend to rent dedicated servers because it's cheaper and you have more control about the complete system.

I don't lnow how much budget for it. But at this time I have more than 50 vm from some seller. And the cost all of them are about $200/mnth.

• @cassa said:
    What are you going to use this server for?

Most of them for RDP and run more than 5 browser non stop at the same time . Not hitleap or ultrasurf. but something like that :D
    It will be eat all of memory and cpu of VM.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

For your purpose I would suggest at least Dual 8-core CPU, 128GB RAM with SSD + 50 additional IPs. $200 is a tough budget for that server.

Thanked by 1xphones
  • RizRiz Member
    edited December 2016

I don't think CPU will be your throttle point (though it could when you mention the 5 browsers). You will want to make sure that you have two SSDs though, otherwise the disks will get thrashed. 2GB ram per should work out fine.

To provide a comparison, I had 1230v2s with 32G running HL. Disks were thin provisioned due to the windows minimum, but I still had 58-60 machines on 512mb ea running without a hiccup due to separating the IO. I still had to reboot machines once a week or so, but I attribute that to the low memory I allocated per. The CPU on the hypervisor system as a whole with 4 cores + 4 HT sat around 60-70% on a normal operating capacity.

At an OS level, make sure to remove anything excess and stop all additional logging - this will increase performance drastically.

Thanked by 1xphones
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@xphones said:
    Most of them for RDP and run more than 5 browser non stop at the same time . Not hitleap or ultrasurf. but something like that :D
    It will be eat all of memory and cpu of VM.

e5 server with dual core CPU but cost of server will be near about $200 to $220 plus you need to purchase 2x license of Windows which is costly.

Thanked by 1xphones
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Traffic exchange ?

Thanked by 1xphones
  • VortexMagnusVortexMagnus Member
    edited December 2016

When the SPLA pricing updates for 2017 with the new structure, single powerful CPU's will the way forward. From 2017, charging for DC edition at least is going to per core rather than per CPU. So Dual 8 Core or Dual Hex Core boxes will be priced out of the market for Windows VMs.

Thanked by 1xphones
  • spammyspammy Member
    edited December 2016

Even without licensing cost I am not sure how you can squeeze 50 Windows VPS into a dedi and still have them running. I have tried to run 10 Windows VPS in VMWare with one dedi with Dual L5420 and another one with i4770 CPU, even booting up the instances takes around 10 minutes to hit the login screen.

Particularly it seems that you are using it for SEO/Traffic Exchange, I am no SEO expert nor I have seriously looked into this, but almost all those apps I've tested so far are poorly coded with no concern on system resources whatsoever. Also some of the traffic exchange sites are filled with pop-ups and automatic downloads which is likely to slow things down even further.

Thanked by 1xphones
  • Dual CPU, forget about Xeon 12XX and similar. I was running Esxi hosts with multiple windows VMS and thats my conclusion. Performance is way better on dual CPU servers like Dual Xeon 5650 or 2670.

Best deal per buck you can find on internet (really, you wont find better deal) is wholesaleinternet dual Xeon 2670. According to CPUbenchmark single Xeon 2670 is 20-30% faster than single Xeon 12XXv3-5. In real life scenario i would say its even faster.

Buy dual Xeon 2670 dedi, setup virtualizor or solusVM and you will be fine. Good luck!

P.S. Ofc only SSDs, odnt even try dedis with hdds for 50 windows VMs.

Maybe you will be able to run 50VMS on such server:
    https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/cart/?id=272
    Ram may be problem, but its worth trying.

Thanked by 1xphones
  • @dodheimsgard said:
    Maybe you will be able to run 50VMS on such server:
    https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/cart/?id=272
    Ram may be problem, but its worth trying.

Don't think SSD space would be enough though...we are talking about 20GB per VM, not enough for Windows IMO (XP may be?)

• xphonesxphones Member
    edited December 2016

Edited for privacy :)

Thanked by 1Riz
  • Why would any company want this kind of usage on their network. lets say its theoretically for you tube views 9seems to be a craze for that along with hitleap and the others). What prevents google from taking those ips, finding out who manages the ip block and making gmail difficult for all the providers IPs. seems foolish to pursue for a few bucks profit as a vendor.

• hello @xphones , i can provide you this 50 vm in Romania , the price will be 4$/vm , please pm if you are interesed.

• This goes to show how far optimization will go...

I had multiple E5 2x2670s w/ 128GB of ram, and 3 disks each. The important part here, is to use thin provisioning, or you will quickly run out of space. CPU was not my throttle here, but ram / disks. Each VM had 512mb. At any time there were 210-240 VMs running on each hypervisor, with 70-80 VMs per disk. I did a lot of testing and found this to be pushing it though.

Ideal amount is 50-60 per disk, in a non raid fashion. You could probably do well in raid 0, but I didn't take it that far.

• cociu said: hello @xphones , i can provide you this 50 vm in Romania , the price will be 4$/vm , please pm if you are interesed.

@cociu to the rescue...

• @cociu said:
    hello @xphones , i can provide you this 50 vm in Romania , the price will be 4$/vm , please pm if you are interesed.

With Windows licensing provided and dedicated IPv4???