Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtuozzo x OpenVZ
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtuozzo x OpenVZ

vpsfastvpsfast Member
edited December 2016 in General

Which virtualization is best: Virtuozzo or OpenVZ?

Reformulating my question:
Dear readers, what I want to know in this discussion is your opinion about virtuozzo and whether it is worth replacing openvz with virtuozzo.

I raised this issue here because I received a proposal from virtuozzo and I want to know a little about your experience with this platform to see if it is worth investing and deploying in my VPS company.

Comments

• If you could possibly be more vague, or provide less information, that would be great.

• VirtuopenVZ Fusion is the real shit.

• OpenVZ - open source
    Virtuozzo - commercial, which one do you think would be better?

If you have money for license, then go with Virtuozzo else go OpenVZ

• vpsfastvpsfast Member
    edited December 2016

@Microlinux said:
    If you could possibly be more vague, or provide less information, that would be great.

?????????

I asked in a general way. If nothing useful to say, just keep quiet, I'm just looking at the community's view of both virtualization platforms.

• vpsfast said: If nothing useful to say, just keep quiet

That's irony for you.

[vpsfast said] I'm just looking at the community's view of both virtualization platforms.

What are you are you expecting? You provided no useful background information about your question. But your sig is out there again, right?

Thanked by 1alown
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

vpsfast said: ?????????

I asked in a general way. If nothing useful to say, just keep quiet, I'm just looking at the community's view of both virtualization platforms.

Which is better - RedHat or CentOS?

That's essentially your question. It's so vague as to be meaningless.

RedHat is "better" than CentOS in the sense that it's commercial and you get support. CentOS is "better" than RedHat because it's free.

s/RedHat/Virtuozzo/g && s/CentOS/OpenVZ/g

• raindog308 said: RedHat is "better" than CentOS in the sense that it's commercial and you get support. CentOS is "better" than RedHat because it's free.

s/RedHat/Virtuozzo/g && s/CentOS/OpenVZ/g

Exactly, that's what I want to know. The good and negative points of each platform. There is nothing vague. I opened a discussion so people could comment on the two platform and not be asking me...

• @vpsfast https://openvz.org/Comparison the absolute first item returned when typing virtuozzo vs openvz into google. Google is really cool, been around a while, answers lots of questions, maybe give it a whirl

Thanked by 2vpsfast Yura
  • @OhMyMy said:
    @vpsfast https://openvz.org/Comparison the absolute first item returned when typing virtuozzo vs openvz into google. Google is really cool, been around a while, answers lots of questions, maybe give it a whirl

Thanks @OhMyMy, I came to the forum because I expected people's opinions. The google I know wants to sponde most of the questions. But I've come here, people are not really in the mood to argue about this.

• @vpsfast It's an extremely newbie question - and it makes you look amateur. Something not good, when (looking at your signature) you are a vps provider... Makes you look like you don't know a thing about virtualization and vps technology... (Except if you really do not know a thing!)

• Virtuzzo is commercial and thus "the right one" for hosting.
    Although you can get very far with just OpenVZ.

Thanked by 1vpsfast
  • @jvnadr said:
    @vpsfast It's an extremely newbie question - and it makes you look amateur. Something not good, when (looking at your signature) you are a vps provider... Makes you look like you don't know a thing about virtualization and vps technology... (Except if you really do not know a thing!)

@jvnadr Yes I know.
    Currently I provide vps KVM and Openvz however I was looking at Virtuozzo and would like to know users opinion to know if it is worth scoring in our company.
    Opinions, I do not want to know what else google would have answered me.

• @vpsfast do you have Coupom for me?

Thanked by 1Blazing
  • deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited December 2016

@Layer said:
    @vpsfast do you have Coupom for me?

Ze attack of ze mutant Coupoms haz beganz.

• @Layer said:
    @vpsfast do you have Coupom for me?

Yes, use the coupon posted on the website www.vpsfast.us

vpsfast said: I was looking at Virtuozzo and would like to know users opinion to know if it is worth scoring in our company.

Hey, that's an actual question to ask: dear readers, Virtuozzo does X and Y that OpenVZ doesn't, do you think that's worth paying more for?

You're getting a lot of flak because people come and post these silly questions to pump up their post count so they can get the provider tag. Your question also providers no meaningful way to answer the question because there are no rules around what criteria to use.

vpsfast said: Yes, use the coupon posted on the website www.vpsfast.us

• vpsfastvpsfast Member
    edited December 2016

raindog308 said: Hey, that's an actual question to ask: dear readers, Virtuozzo does X and Y that OpenVZ doesn't, do you think that's worth paying more for?

Sorry for the Super Moderator, maybe I did not elaborate the question as you would like.
    Next time I'll try to be more creative in my questions ;)

• raindog308 said: Hey, that's an actual question to ask: dear readers, Virtuozzo does X and Y that OpenVZ doesn't, do you think that's worth paying more for?

Dear @raindog308, I've restated my question. See if I could express myself better now.

raindog308 said: You're getting a lot of flak because people come and post these silly questions to pump up their post count so they can get the provider tag. Your question also providers no meaningful way to answer the question because there are no rules around what criteria to use.

I'm not here wanting to count posts so I can win any titles or benefits in your forum. I pay for ads and I see no problem with that. If you think you should give me a Provider tag, I thank you and you will be very welcome.
    But only the Provider tag will not make me a good VPS provider, although vpsfast is a new brand of Compacta Web we work hard to offer the best VPS to our customers.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

So you want others to trust you with managing their VMs but you are not able to google the difference between OpenVZ and Virtuozzo?

• @nik said:
    So you want others to trust you with managing their VMs but you are not able to google the difference between OpenVZ and Virtuozzo?

The difference I know, I only want opinions from users who have already used both. Please reread my question.

• BF is over but I returned for the entertainment. This is priceless.

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited December 2016

1.) Read about OpenVZ

2.) Read about Virtuozzo

3.) Determine if Virtuozzo does something that OpenVZ does not

4.) Determine if anything found in step 3 is of value to you

5.) If you said 'yes' to #4, continue to #6, otherwise stop here

6.) Subtract the price you were quoted from your monthly/yearly/whatever revenue

7.) Ask yourself if the amount of money leftover in #6 is enough to cover your expenses and pay yourself

8.) If the answer to 7 is 'yes', purchase a Virtuozzo license, otherwise do not purchase a Virtuozzo license

Thanked by 1vpsfast

vpsfast said: I only want opinions from users who have already used both.

I've used both and for the end user, there is no difference. The only people I see using Virtuozzo are higher-end managed hosting companies like KnownHost and WiredTree.

Thanked by 1vpsfast
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

We use virtuozzo but dont do containers because VZ6 pricing is just stupid. Not yet made the switch to VZ7, but when we do, containers will be on the agenda for sure.

Given unlimited container licenses per node, I would much rather have the commercial stuff with support rather than free stuff that may cost more in time just managing it, than I would otherwise pay in licensing.

If you can afford it, go for it. If you cant, well maybe you shouldnt be a VPS provider.

• moonmartinmoonmartin Member
    edited December 2016

It is possible the OP is not a native english speaker. Maybe cut them some slack.